Yarmouth 20th July

14:45 Yarmouth Bathwick Xaara is still a maiden after 11 runs runs to date and from those she has only managed 3 places. Was rated 72 when first sent handicapping back in August 2009 and is now only rated 59. Her best two efforts to date have both come over this trip in GF ground in 2010. The first was a 3rd place at Chepstow on her seasonal reappearance before going on to run a great race at Salisbury in behind Decency. She was only half a length behind that day in 2nd place off a mark of 57. 7 furlongs LTO may have stretched her and I feel the return to 6 furlongs and a slight drop in grade may finally see her get off the mark. John Fahy takes off 5lbs and with a slight allowance for her age means she is running off a handy weight. 0.5pt win Bathwick Xaara @ 13/2 (Bet365 - BOG)

Re: Yarmouth 20th July 15:45 Yarmouth I fancy Astrodonna to land her second race over course and distance today. Her last win came here in August 2009 off todays mark of 65. This is the first time she has dropped down to this mark since the win and therefore she is on a winnable mark. Ashley Morgan was on board that day and is back on board today which will be welcomed after an inexperienced jockey was on board LTO. That run can be ignored I feel as the race was probably too sharp a test for her. Best effort so far in 2010 was on her penultimate start when 4th at Carlisle off a mark 3lbs higher, was only 1 length behind that day after staying on well. She has a great record over course and distance with form of 2621 so a good account is expected once again. 0.5pt Win Astrodonna @ 13/2 (Coral - BOG)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.