** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricket: Sri Lanka V India - Test Series

Sun Jul 18 - Thu Jul 22 04:30 GMT | 10:00 local 05:30 BST 1st Test - Sri Lanka v India Galle International Stadium Mon Jul 26 - Fri Jul 30 04:30 GMT | 10:00 local 05:30 BST 2nd Test - Sri Lanka v India Sinhalese Sports Club Ground, Colombo Tue Aug 3 - Sat Aug 7 04:30 GMT | 10:00 local 05:30 BST 3rd Test - Sri Lanka v India P Sara Oval, Colombo Sri Lanka host India in a 3 match test series. This will be a special Test for Sri Lanka as the spin wizard Murali has announced his retirement after this series and he's eight short of 800 test wickets. With the likes of Dilshan, Sangakkara, Jayawardena, Samaweera, Ghambir, Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman etc we should see a batsman dominated match. However India have one of the weakest bowling line ups they've ever put out and should in all honesty be Sri Lankas test to loose. Due to the timings I don't think we'll see many posts in this thread but I will try my best to put as many of my bets as i can.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka V India - Test Series Couple of bets in the 1st Test... 3 points G.Ghambir to outscore V.Sehwag @ 2.0 bet365 Ghambir is Indias best test batsman at the moment and is excellent against spin. He can play out his innings superbly. Although Sehwag is an excellent batsman he can sometimes get a rush of blood to his head and get out cheaply. At evens i have to take Gautam Ghambir to outscore Viru. 4 points M.S.Dohni performance points 102 & over @ 1.83 bet365 Dohni's a quality player and we have 3 ways in which he can score points. He can get catches from the fast bowlers, stumpings from the bowling of Harbhajan and he can score with the bat where he will most likely bat at number 7. If India find themselves a few wickets down he can come in, steady the ship and put runs on the board. 1 point India to win the test @ 5 paddypower In my heart of hearts i know India have a very little chance of picking up 20 wickets with a very weak bowling line up consisting of Munaf Patel, Ishant Sharma, Praguan Ojha & Harbhajan Singh. However India are currently number 1 in the rankings and odds of 5 are to high for me to resist. I might do some in play bets if I get a chance and if do i'll put them up.

Just the one for me so far. Players Performance Points - Mahela Jayawardene 95 and over 5/6 Bet365 Mahela loves this ground with massive scores and he also loves playing against the Indians. Adding that the bowling strength of the Indians is not at its best let say and both teams agree that this ground is a batting paradise, i think this can easily pass the points.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka V India - Test Series 2 outrights for me in this series. 1pt Sri Lanka to win the series 1-0 15/2 Blue Square I'm expecting a pretty tight, high scoring series here. India have come over to Sri Lanka with no seam attack at all and look set to really struggle to bowl the hosts out twice. One thing they have got is a very talented batting lineup however and that's capable of keeping them in matches. Sri Lanka's bowling attack is a lot better but they will have to makedo without Murali after this 1st test as the great off spinner retires after the 1st test. How they'll cope remains to be seen. Like India, Sri Lanka have a good batting lineup and on wickets which favour batting apart from turning later on I expect a couple of high scoring draws. Sri Lanka will be desperate to win the opener in Galle however so I'll go with them to do that then manage the series through to ensure a 1-0 series win. 1pt R.Dravid Top India Batsman 5/1 Boylesports Rahul Dravid looks a decent price to me here, particularly when he bats at 3 for this Indian side. In the IPL, a format of the game Dravid has previously looked too ancient for, Dravid looked supremely good and after a bit of a break and back to the format of the game in which he's thrived for a number of years I fancy "The Wall" to go well again here. India will need his runs as their bowling attack isn't likely to keep them in the game on it's own and generally in these conditions Dravid goes well. Dravid averages over 51 against Sri Lanka although that comes down to 34 in Sri Lanka since 2000 although he had captaincy burdens then which he doesn't have now. Obviously there's many dangers to Dravid here but it's not often we get 5/1 on such a class batsman top scoring over a long period so I'm going to take it in the expectation Dravid continues his good IPL form in this test series.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka V India - Test Series 2 for me to begin the 1st test with. All eyes will be on Murali in his final test. 3pts Sri Lanka 1st Inns Lead 5/6 Ladbrokes Quite happy to take this price on Sri Lanka leading at half time. They've some seriously good batsmen in Dilshan, Sangakkara, Jayawardene and Samaraweera. That's not to say the likes of Mathews and the other Jayawardene aren't good batsmen, they are but the 4 I mentioned are a step above. India have a good batting lineup too but they don't have the bowling attack that Sri Lanka has, in particular a hungry to finish his career well, Murali. Murali needs 8 wickets for 800 test wickets go he'll be gunning for blood. There's nothing for Sri Lanka to worry about in India's seam attack and the spin on a Galle wicket will be so slow they should be fine. 650 could easily play 625 in the 1st innings here but when both 1st innings are completed I do expect Sri Lanka to lead. 3pts T.Dilshan's Performance Pts - 88&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Tillekeratne Dilshan has transformed himself into a quality opening batsman and on a batsman friendly wicket he can easily cover this total with the bat. He scored 92 and 123 here against New Zealand last year so he clearly likes batting on this ground. I don't think 88 is too high a line given that he's likely to bat twice. There's nothing to worry him early doors in India's bowling attack so I see no reason why he won't cover this with the bat. His test average is 43.42 so it's only 2 average test innings for him to clear this. However he's a top notch fielder who can easily take a catch or two at slip or close to the bat. Then there's the option of him bowling. I for one don't believe this wicket won't turn. I'll call the curator's bluff there. Murali needs 8 for 800 and this wicket won't turn? It ain't happening. This will turn and Dilshan can tweak it so he can come on if either Murali or Herath need a bit of a rest. So 3 genuine scoring methods over 5 days should lead to Dilshan covering 88pts in this opening test of the series.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka V India - Test Series Dont have many bets myself for his game, but i'd like to warn whoever is betting on sri lanka. India have come to lanka with intentions to not lose this series. Even they know they cant win it. So expect defensive fields and defensive lenghts. Also the batting line up is as good as it gets in any international test side. Gambhir, Sehwag, Dravid, Sachin, Raina, Yuvi, Dhoni. I dont think it gets much better than this. Dont agree with KEV here on murali. I think hunger cant get u wickets. And murali is way over the hill. Also Indian players over the years have played murali and he has nothing new to bring to the table. Add to that that murali might get overbowled and that might hamper lankas chances to win the match. All in all, it'll be very difficult to have a red in the draw coloumn. Which side u pick to win is each mans perrogative. Odds for India are too high and i agree with ani, but i guess its fair too since theres to spearhead in the fast bowling department. But all the rain around will not let the pitch crack and so i am expecting a dull and boring draw. A match to bet performances of steady players like Gambhir and Sangakkarra. Just my thoughts from an indian point of view, as an indian :) GoodLuck all.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka V India - Test Series One bet inplay for me. Sri lanka have won the toss and elected to bat first. The odds for Sri Lanka are bemusing. Why is a team 3 to beat India in a test match with that Indian line up. I think the safest thing to do is LAY Sri Lanka @ 3. (Betfair) If they do very well, Odds for draw will drop. And if they bundle out under 350, India might get a healthy lead. SO there almost no downside i feel. Thought its an inplay bet, will keep updating in at all.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka V India - Test Series

Muralitharan to Ojha, OUT, 800 it is! The wait and the tension is finally over! Tossed up outside off and the four men around the bat wait in anticipation! Ojha lunges forward, edges it and Mahela falls to his left and takes the catch at first slip! No need to look anywhere for confirmation, straightforward and Murali is ecstatic
:clap

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka V India - Test Series 800 :eek Amazing bowler.

Just the one for me so far. Players Performance Points - Mahela Jayawardene 95 and over 5/6 Bet365 Mahela loves this ground with massive scores and he also loves playing against the Indians. Adding that the bowling strength of the Indians is not at its best let say and both teams agree that this ground is a batting paradise, i think this can easily pass the points.
98 points:clap That will do me.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka V India - Test Series Absloutely poor from me. Ghambir get a total of 2 in 2 innings against Sehwags 140. Dohni wasnt at the races either with a very poor 57, which is very low considering Jayawardena got 72 with 1 less innings to bat. Thank god i only had 1 point on India winning the test! Should have expected it with our bowlers but cant believe we got skittled for 276 in the first innings, like Kev said 650 could have easily played 625. Oh well a total loss of 8 points, but hopefully will bounce back in the next test. Congrats both Kev and Wales. And congrats to Murali, a top legend!

Absloutely poor from me. Ghambir get a total of 2 in 2 innings against Sehwags 140. Dohni wasnt at the races either with a very poor 57, which is very low considering Jayawardena got 72 with 1 less innings to bat. Thank god i only had 1 point on India winning the test! Should have expected it with our bowlers but cant believe we got skittled for 276 in the first innings, like Kev said 650 could have easily played 625. Oh well a total loss of 8 points, but hopefully will bounce back in the next test. Congrats both Kev and Wales. And congrats to Murali, a top legend!
You'll hit back in Colombo, ani :ok. Just one thing, check bet365's rules over their batsman match bets. With most bookies it's 1st innings only :ok.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka V India - Test Series Im coming in with an early bet for the 2nd Test as the odds keep on dropping 6 points Result to be a draw @ 1.83 coral This is a big bet for a number of reasons. Firstly the weather in Sri Lanka isnt the greatest and in Colombo theres forecasted to be thunderstorms so I wouldn't be suprised to see a whole days play called of. Although you can argue this happend in the first test and we still got a result I think that this time India will bat a lot better, espcially with no Murali and Malinga. Although Mendis will be the direct replacement for Murali I think the Indians have him figured out. The last few innings at the Sinhalese Sports Club Ground have resulted in scores of 416, 234, 311, 397, 299, 233, 425, 391. Thats an innings average of 338 and with both Indias and Sri Lankas batting line up I think the bat will defiantly dominate in this test an we will see out a high scoring test disrupted by the rain.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka V India - Test Series 4 points Mahela Jayawardena performance points 85 & Over @ 1.83 bet365 Mahela has an excellent record at the Sinhalese Sports Club Ground and its fair to say hes in the form of his life at the moment. In past tests at this ground hes scored... 92, 96 (against New Zealand in August 09) 79, 2 (against Pakistan in July 09) 136 (against India in July 08) 195 (against England in December 07) Thats an whopping average of exactly an 100 per innings!

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka V India - Test Series Good luck with those ani. Given the game a miss myself mostly, other than a small top bat bet. Isn't a huge amount I like and the forecast being the way it is I'll watch and see. 0.5pts R.Herath Top Sri Lanka Batsman (1st Inns Only) 50/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) This looks a bit of a mad bet but I've had Sri Lankan's bring in top bats at similar prices to this in the past so no reason not to try it again. Rangana Herath hit an unbeaten 80 in the 1st test so he can clearly bat and will come in here in good form. He played a couple of important innings for Hampshire at the start of the domestic season so I know he can bat. Sri Lanka's batting lineup is very good and should feast on a weak Indian attack but the batting will be under more pressure to put a score up this time around, with no Murali to bowl sides out cheaply if the batsmen fail. That pressure could lead to a couple of cheap dismissals particularly on a wicket which is meant to be more bowler friendly and in conditions which could suit bowlers. Regardless of what happens above him in the order, nobody who's just scored 80 not out should be 50/1 to top score in the following innings so at the price I think Herath is well worth a nibble to pay and see if he can go a bit better and nail the top score here.

Im coming in with an early bet for the 2nd Test as the odds keep on dropping 6 points Result to be a draw @ 1.83 coral This is a big bet for a number of reasons. Firstly the weather in Sri Lanka isnt the greatest and in Colombo theres forecasted to be thunderstorms so I wouldn't be suprised to see a whole days play called of. Although you can argue this happend in the first test and we still got a result I think that this time India will bat a lot better, espcially with no Murali and Malinga. Although Mendis will be the direct replacement for Murali I think the Indians have him figured out. The last few innings at the Sinhalese Sports Club Ground have resulted in scores of 416, 234, 311, 397, 299, 233, 425, 391. Thats an innings average of 338 and with both Indias and Sri Lankas batting line up I think the bat will defiantly dominate in this test an we will see out a high scoring test disrupted by the rain.
4 points Mahela Jayawardena performance points 85 & Over @ 1.83 bet365 Mahela has an excellent record at the Sinhalese Sports Club Ground and its fair to say hes in the form of his life at the moment. In past tests at this ground hes scored... 92, 96 (against New Zealand in August 09) 79, 2 (against Pakistan in July 09) 136 (against India in July 08) 195 (against England in December 07) Thats an whopping average of exactly an 100 per innings!
A couple of cracking calls there ani and never really in doubt at any stage either :clap:clap. Herath didn't play so nothing for me in this match. I'm on the draw at 15/2 in the final match so not sure whether I'll have any more plays but we'll see what's on offer when all the markets are out.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka V India - Test Series Cheers Kev. Perfect match betting wise and also viewing wise with the little master getting his 5th double century. He also bought up his 48th 100 so only 2 more to go for the magical fifty. 8 points profit for this test so back to breaking even for the series overall. Will come back with some winning tips (hopefully) in time for the 3rd test.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka V India - Test Series 3rd and final test tomorrow. Just the one for me along with hoping the match is a draw. On what is being dubbed a more friendly bowling wicket that might not be the certainty it looked though. 1pt ew S.Raina Top India Batsman (1st Inns Only) 8/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) Suresh Raina isn't a certain starter in this test match which is incredible given that he comes into this match off the back of a debut 120 in the 2nd test. As with Eoin Morgan last week though, if Raina does get a game then he needs to fill his boots with the queue of batsmen looking at that number 6 slot growing ever longer. If this wicket is going to suit the bowlers more than Sehwag could be accounted for quite quickly. Vijay's still relatively new to test cricket and Dravid is in no form at all. So that would leave it between Tendulkar, who could still be feeling the effects of his marathon double hundred in the last test, Laxman and the number 6 batsman. If that number 6 batsman is Suresh Raina then with him coming in full of confidence he looks a very good each bet 1st time around for the visitors at a big looking 8/1.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka V India - Test Series 2 in play bets from me.. Currently at lunch and its 102/2 with Dilshan out cheaply with just 2 balls left. Sangakarras going well on 48 and Jayawerans set to come next. 4 points over 450 runs @ 2.75 bet365 Although the curator has said the pitch will have bounce and spin in it, this wont be till at least the 3rd/4th day. At the moment its Sri Lankas batting V India bowling and from the previous 2 tests we can see that theres only one winner. I reckon both Kumar and Mahela will build a solid base which will leave about 200 odd runs for the middle and lower order to get, the same lower order that got 115 runs for the 8th wicket! 5 points Fall of 3rd wicket over 43 overs @ 2.75 This is a slightly risky bet, especially with the staking involved. However im willing to take the risk that both Mahela and Kumar can stick in for 19 overs. None of them are going to go for silly shots, they'll both just nurdle the ball around to pick up runs and put more pressure on the Indian bowlers.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka V India - Test Series Right one last try from me for this test... 5 points India to score over 453 runs @ 2 stanjames India are currently 282/4 with both Laxman and Raina well settled. 172 runs are needed for this bet to win, so a solid century from either one of these two leaves about 100 odd runs to get. Dohni is due an innings as he has been pretty poor with the bat lately. Another 50 odd from the lower order and this bet should come in.

Re: Cricket: Sri Lanka V India - Test Series Pretty annoying that the 1-0 went out of the window on the final day. Raina placed in this test though so even with the 2pt outright loss I end the series +3.6pts which I'll take for a series I've had a minimum amount of bets in.