York 09/07

15:20 York Tricky race (as expected) and going for three horses. Fishforcompliments is favourite and that may well be down to the fact that Hanagan is on board, as he's riding so well at the moment. However, his mount for today's last run was very encouraging, coming off a 6 month break and finishing second over a furlong further at Carlisle. From that run, it seemed like he stayed the mile, but a step down in trip looks more ideal, as he hasn't a decent cruising speed anyway. No surprise he's favourite for this, but I'd price him up at around this sort of odds anyway, so I'm willing to be with him. Saharia is drawn at the other end of the stalls, but I think this Jeremy Noseda horse has a good chance in this one. Been slightly one paced in it's two runs this season, but has run with credit on both occasions and the faster ground today at York should also help. Jeremy Noseda has a decent strike rate at the track (around 16%). Unexposed and dropped 1lb, a worthy contender. Mandalay King also has good claims, won well here over 6f last year in a handicap of about this level and is back to that mark of 67today. Was a bit off the boil in its later runs that season, but has run better in 2010. Was stepped up to 7f in it's last run at Catterick and ran a blinder, coming with a very fast and very late run. Could go close if replicating that sort of performance, albeit in a more competitive heat. Jockey and Trainer only worked together once and that resulted in a victory. Fishforcompliments : 0.5pts EW @ 8/1 Ladbrokes Saharia : 0.4pts EW @ 10/1 Paddy Power Mandalay King: 0.4pts EW @ 20/1 Bet365