Perth 30 June

Oh I wish I could get up there tomorrow for some proper racing - flat racing's all well and good, but nothing beats nh! 4.20 King Roonah (nap). This one did my money two runs back at Perth, taking a heavy fall at the last, when a mile clear. He was turned out again very quickly over hurdles and went off fav. I thought that favouritism inexplicable at the time given how soon it was since such a heavy fall in a race that took place under a blazing Sun (yes in Perth!). And so it proved, he travelled well before finding little when it mattered and tailing off into third. The handicapper's not been overly lenient, but for my money King Roonah's still ahead of him.

Re: Perth 30 June

Oh I wish I could get up there tomorrow for some proper racing - flat racing's all well and good, but nothing beats nh! 4.20 King Roonah (nap). This one did my money two runs back at Perth, taking a heavy fall at the last, when a mile clear. He was turned out again very quickly over hurdles and went off fav. I thought that favouritism inexplicable at the time given how soon it was since such a heavy fall in a race that took place under a blazing Sun (yes in Perth!). And so it proved, he travelled well before finding little when it mattered and tailing off into third. The handicapper's not been overly lenient, but for my money King Roonah's still ahead of him.
So with you on the N/H fella IMO its when racing starts. No offence to the flat boys. For me its all about 2 great men at perth and just like Scots Al i wish i could go and see them. ''Mr Gordon Elliot & Mr Paul Carberry'' = ALL DAY LONG !

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.