BBOTD - Monday 28th of June

4:15 Pontefract - Sheiling - 1pt Very well bred and related to alot of winners for 7f to 12f. Shaped as if needing further than 11f last time out and has now been stepped up to 12 furlongs which could help bring out the best in her, I backed her last time out and thought she ran a creditable race and stayed on for a decent 4th, 6 lengths behind a typical Prescott improver, Bona Fortuna. Dropped a further 2lbs for that race which only helps the cause, She's unexposed and open to alot of improvement especially with the step up in trip. Last time out she was in an apprentice race with a poor jockey on board but today she'll have Tony Hamilton on board and he's a capable jockey with a 11% strike rate on the turf for Fahey, And despite Fahey not being in great form of late I think he could have one in the winners enclosure tomorrow if she runs to ability. Richard's horses usually go well around here and he usually has a winner every time he comes here, He has a 10% strike rate at the track too. With a good jockey on board, Potential improvement, Step up in trip and likely to get a truly run race which will suit, Then I think she could well be the value of the race, Currently hovering around 8/1 on the 'fair and that'd be a nice price to get come morning if it's available. The Prescott horse, Cheyenne Chant, Strikes me as the obvious danger, Running off a low mark and well supported last time out but looked as if she needed the run, But I think she mightn't win on her turf debut and could be one for next time out. Meetings Man should be on the premises as usual but finds winning tought and with a high enough mark and an average jockey I also feel he's opposable. There's a couple of others in with chances but Sheiling caught my eye and I fancy her to improve into a decent enough sort and she's sure to pick up a few of these contests in the future, Hopefully starting tomorrow. :cow

Re: BBOTD - Monday 28th of June I think the 16/1 on offer at Bet365 for Tiger Star in the 4.30 at Wolverhampton is a bit big and he's my each-way selection. His last two runs make it look like he'll relish this longer trip, and as he's run one of his best races on the all-weather, a return to this type of surface might just suit. Also gald to see Morris back on.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.