Calculate Stake Based on Desired Profit (using Dutching)

Hello, Looking for some mathematical help if possible. I know how to calculate stakes to result in equal profit however I'm looking for some help in how I would calculate stakes if I had a desired profit in mind. I know there are likely to be programs/software which does this however I'd like to know the actual calculation. I'm hoping to use this in excel to calculate stakes in order to win back previous losses in horse races. Any help would be much appreciated. If anyone already has this in spreadsheet format and would be willing to send to me my email address is [email protected] Many Thanks x

Re: Calculate Stake Based on Desired Profit (using Dutching) The link below will take you to a thread that may be helpful Lisa.

[url=
http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/1431787]

Based on that thread, I generated an Excel2007 spreadsheet some time ago which is essentially a dutching sheet for equal/unequal profits for up to nine runners, which can be downloaded using the link below.

Re: Calculate Stake Based on Desired Profit (using Dutching) If your AIM is to win say £10 and your odds are a) 2/1(.33) and b) 3/1 (.25) the formula is AIM/(1-(a+b)) = 10/(1-.58) = 10/.42 = 23.80 so stake for a = 23.80 * .33 = 7.85 and stake for b = 23.80 * .25 = 5.95 so total stake of 13.80 to win approx 10