Newcastle 26 June

Northumberland Plate Ok I'm clearly not alone in thinking this, but it has to be Overturn surely? I had the pleasure of taking in all 3 of his recent races at Ayr (although only the Champion Hurdle actually warranted that description). This horse has become a front-running machine. The weight probably just caught up with him when finishing 2nd last time out (he was 18lbs worse off against the winner - who also had a 7lb claimer on board - than in the Champion Hurdle), but he won't have that problem at Newcastle. What I've also observed is that he's not even that fluent a hurdler - indeed he hit a few quite hard. More than anything, it was his flat speed which was winning him those races. Newcastle's not a wholly dissimilar track to Ayr - both left-handed, long run in, although is perhaps a bit more challenging. If he runs, Overturn has to be Saturday's nap for me (and for the traders out there, probably one to back to lay).

Re: Newcastle 26 June I was keen on this one but it will be difficult to gain a front-running position after being drawn in the car park (21 of 21). The draw is really important in this race, even over 2 miles. May still be able to win but I'll skip the race now.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.