Cricket: England vs Australia - ODI Series (plus Ireland & Scotland games)

England host Australia in a 5 match ODI series which begins next week. It should be a really good series after the world twenty20 final and with the Ashes to come. Both have warm up matches in the next couple of days too. Ireland host Australia tomorrow (Thursday) and England go to Scotland on Saturday.

Tue Jun 22 13:30 GMT | 14:30 local 14:30 BST 1st ODI - England v Australia The Rose Bowl, Southampton
N/A
Thu Jun 24 13:30 GMT | 14:30 local 14:30 BST 2nd ODI - England v Australia Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
N/A
Sun Jun 27 09:45 GMT | 10:45 local 10:45 BST 3rd ODI - England v Australia Old Trafford, Manchester
N/A
Wed Jun 30 12:00 GMT | 13:00 local 13:00 BST 4th ODI - England v Australia Kennington Oval, London
N/A
Sat Jul 3 09:45 GMT | 10:45 local 10:45 BST 5th ODI - England v Australia Lord's, London
N/A
I think the Ireland vs Australia game in on TV outside the UK. Not a betting proposition myself but the thread is up for those who want to get stuck in :ok.

Re: Cricket: England vs Australia - ODI Series (plus Ireland & Scotland games) 1 point - T.Paine, buy performance points @ 67 sportingindex Paine will be aussies wicketkeeper after haddin got injured. With the pitch being slow hopefully he can pick up a stumping or two from Hauritz bowling and also as the opener alongside Watson hes got a good chance to pick up runs. If i remember correctly he hit a century against England last year so im hopefully of the same again today.

Re: Cricket: England vs Australia - ODI Series (plus Ireland & Scotland games)

1 point - T.Paine' date= buy performance points @ 67 sportingindex Paine will be aussies wicketkeeper after haddin got injured. With the pitch being slow hopefully he can pick up a stumping or two from Hauritz bowling and also as the opener alongside Watson hes got a good chance to pick up runs. If i remember correctly he hit a century against England last year so im hopefully of the same again today.
Nice shout ani :clap

Re: Cricket: England vs Australia - ODI Series (plus Ireland & Scotland games) Yep, great call Ani. Hopefully he can chuck in a couple of stumpings in the 2nd innings to boost your profits.

ok i got an idea of the spread betting system by going through training academy. But I want to ask existing users whether it offers decent potential to make money??? What are the pros and cons in their opinion?
You can make some decent money from it but the flip side is you can lose a hell of a lot too if it goes wrong :ok

Re: Cricket: England vs Australia - ODI Series (plus Ireland & Scotland games) Cheers everyone. 81 runs and 3 catches results in a profit of 44 points. Mayur spread betting can offer high returns however at the same time you can lose an awful lot. Ill be honest with you whenever i spreadbet, i always bet minimum stakes which in this case was 10p a point which meant the most i would have lost was £6.70. Although i didnt make much profit, only £4.40 im hoping one day someone i bet on will go crazy and get a load of runs. I personally think the best way would be in test cricket for example in the recent test series between England and Bangladesh Trotts performance points were 88, and he ended up with 262 runs, 2 catches and a wicket. This resulted a total points tally of 302 which would have resulted in 214 points. If i had bought his points for 10p each i would have won £21.40. Overall I would reccomend spreadbetting however always keep stakes to a minimum, although your profits will be low in the long term they can build up. You just have to be patient!

Re: Cricket: England vs Australia - ODI Series (plus Ireland & Scotland games) over 3.5 sixes a team tomorrow, surely that has to happen, 5/6 a piece. The likes of Morgan, Kieswetter, Pietersen, Wright and Huseey Ponting and White, seems interesting

Re: Cricket: England vs Australia - ODI Series (plus Ireland & Scotland games)

which site.. at least post complete info to allow fellow punters to gain from your insights..
sorry bout that mate, ladbrokes does that, was in a rush doing that post ;)

Re: Cricket: England vs Australia - ODI Series (plus Ireland & Scotland games) 3 bets for me in the series. 4pts England to win ODI Series 11/8 Ladbrokes 1pt England to win 4-1 8/1 Ladbrokes I'm really keen on England in this series. We're full of confidence in one day cricket all of a sudden. We had a good Champions Trophy campaign and then beat South Africa in South Africa in the ODI series. We've since won the twenty20 world cup so things are really looking up for England in limited overs cricket under Andy Flower. Obviously Australia will fight hard and this should be a belting series. However I can't have this Australian bowling attack. Dougie Bollinger is ok and Harris not the worst back up but Clint McKay has spent the last week getting slogged all round the North by county batsmen and James Hopes and Shane Watson are only fill in bowlers for me. England's bowling attack is nice and settled and the batting lineup is full of big hitting potential. This series will be billed as a warm up for the Ashes but I'm not so sure. I'm a lot more sure that England will win this series and at 8/1 I'll chance England win this 4-1 because most of the venues for this series are good for England apart from maybe the Swalec where the short straight boundaries will suit Australia. 1pt C.White Top Australia Series Batsman 7/1 William Hill Cameron White top scored for Australia when these two sides squared up in an ODI series over here last summer and I think he's in decent enough form to do so again here. He's already hit a ton on this tour when Australia edged home against Middlesex and with experience in English conditions from his time at Somerset I think he'll go well here. Obviously Watson, Ponting and Clarke are better than him in the betting because White will bat at number 5 but England's new ball attack can get White in and the big hitting Victorian can play himself in before going mental. White's been excellent in ODI cricket recently and at 7/1 I'll have a small punt that White comes out top of the Australian series run charts.

Re: Cricket: England vs Australia - ODI Series (plus Ireland & Scotland games) 0.5 points - Buy Australia wicketkeeper performance @ 240 Sportingindex Tim Paine got over a 100 points in the ODI against Ireland. If he carries on that form and with this being a 5 match series, this line can be destroyed. All it would take would be one century and a few catches in one game to get half the points.

Re: Cricket: England vs Australia - ODI Series (plus Ireland & Scotland games) Just the two for me this afternoon. 4pts 1st ODI - Under 6.5 6's 5/6 William Hill In all the one day internationals at the Rose Bowl there hasn't been one which has passed this line and that includes a fairly high scoring match here in 2006 when England's 271 wasn't enough to stop Pakistan winning. These two played here last summer and there were only 3 6's in that match too. Therefore I don't expect too many 6's in this one either. The Rose Bowl doesn't yield many 6's in general anyway. The outfield is very big and the wicket is a bit slow and there's usually something in it for the bowlers. It's only 11 days ago that we saw that horrendous wicket where Somerset's 104 was enough to win a twenty20 match here. Generally speaking the wickets at the Rose Bowl this year haven't been conducive to high scoring. The international pitch may well play different but the boundaries are still long and with the recent dry spell the wicket will be slow. There's some decent hitters on show today but some good bowlers too and I think this line (which is 2 higher than the one I took between these two here last year which had 3 6's) is high enough to take the unders. 3pts P.Collingwood's Performance Pts - 40&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Paul Collingwood is playing good cricket at the minute and I think this is a line which can be covered without too much diffuculty. He's more than capable of clearing this with the bat and has gone well with the bat on this ground before. His bowling should be handy today too if the wicket is dry. His cutters can be hard to get away and he can pick up a wicket or two which would also cover the total. Add into the mix he's a quality fielder which could well yield further bonus points and this line looks more than achievable. An average day gets it done so with that in mind I'm on the overs here.

Re: Cricket: England vs Australia - ODI Series (plus Ireland & Scotland games) Small 0.33pt profit from the 1st match with the 6's never being threatened. 2 for me today. Really surprised England are 11/10 and if I wasn't on them in 2 guises outright I'd definitely be on them today. This is the ground Australia came unstuck against Bangladesh on in 2005 so it may hold a few demons for them. 4pts 2nd ODI - England Most 6's 6/5 Blue Square England won the 6's match 2-0 at the Rose Bowl and while I don't think there will be too many 6's hit in this match I do think England have the potential to hit more of the ones that are hit. In Kieswetter, Pietersen, Morgan and Wright England have some serial 6 hitters and then there's plenty of beef in the tail too. Australia never really looked like hitting 6's at the Rose Bowl in general. Watson and Paine can hit big but it's not easy to do against Anderson, Bresnan and Broad or Sidebottom if he comes into the side. Swann controls the ball so well so it's not easy to hit him for 6 either. Australia use a couple of medium pacers though and Hauritz can go if the time is right too so I think England are in the better position to hit the most 6's in this one. 1pt S.Smith Top Australia Bowler 5/1 William Hill I quite like Steven Smith in this market. He's not a shoo in to play but I expect him to because as we've seen over the last fortnight courtesy of S4C, this wicket will turn - that's a given. So I'd imagine Australia will bring him in and go with 2 spinners. There's next to nothing in the seam department for Australia to worry England. Dougie Bollinger had a good Aussie summer but he's shown in his time at Worcestershire that he and English conditions don't necessarily get along. So I've got this down to a Hauritz vs Smith match up. Hauritz is a good bowler in his own right but I think leg spin troubles England more than off spin and Smith does give it a rip. At 5/1 I'm happy to take the young NSW star to take the most wickets for the Aussies tonight.

Re: Cricket: England vs Australia - ODI Series (plus Ireland & Scotland games) +4.13 for the series now with a bet on England at 11/8 tomorrow too effectively. I'm just going to go with one bet tomorrow. It's a tricky game to weigh up really. England don't have a good record here and then there's the football influence on the game too with half the crowd set to disappear around 3pm if they bother to turn up at all. 4pts 3rd ODI - England Most 6's 6/5 Coral So far in this series England have won the 6's match 2-0 and 5-2 in the two ODI's played so far so it's beyond belief that we're getting 6/5 on an England victory in the 6's match in this 3rd ODI. As I said in the last match, England look to hit big pretty much all down the order. In the last game Graeme Swann came in at number 8 and hit a 6. Australia's top order look like they've been found out by this England side and it's good to see. Cam White can hit the ball a long way but if Australia are 3-4 down early doors he'll have to rein himself in again. With Kieswetter, KP, Colly, Morgan and Wright, England have lots of confident hitters all capable of clearing the ropes. The good thing about the 1st two ODI's is England won the 6's match when chasing a total down so if we can bat 1st and in theory put up even more 6's then it could be even more comfortable than the 1st two matches. With the differing levels of confidence in the two batting lineup's I'm happy to take England to hit the most 6's again here.

Re: Cricket: England vs Australia - ODI Series (plus Ireland & Scotland games) No joy with the match bet today as both hit 2 6's but England have sewn the series up already so I'm +5.63 heading to The Oval on Wednesday. Hopefully these two matches can be shared to bring the 4-1 scoreline in.

Re: Cricket: England vs Australia - ODI Series (plus Ireland & Scotland games) 4th odi - Steve smith top aus bowler @ 6/1 will hill - 2 points This is a good value bet. 6/1 is too big for somebody who is the only front line spinner in the team and therefore likely to bowl all 10 overs. He is a trick bowler who bowls with guile and leg spin always takes wickets in ODI's. Bollinger, Tait and Harris are obvious dangers, but the price here is too big and sucked me in. Smith bowled well in the last two matches and picked up 2 wickets a piece. I dont expect us to be bowled out so another 2 wickets here would likely tie at worst which would return a profit at this price. Smith was 6/1 with hils in the last match and as soon as the line ups were announced he dropped to 4/1. So take the price while you can. :hope

Re: Cricket: England vs Australia - ODI Series (plus Ireland & Scotland games) 4th ODI tomorrow is from The Oval. They call it a day/night game but with a 1pm start the lights will barely take effect. 3 for me. 4pts England to win 4th ODI 10/11 William Hill England have already wrapped up the series and are now looking at making the series a 5-0 whitewash. Everyone I've seen interviewed over the last couple of days has mentioned really rubbing it in so I don't see a let up from England. Australia, devoid of bowling options have been beaten so comfortably so far you wouldn't believe it's Australia if you hadn't seen the 3 matches. The Oval is the venue for this 4th game. England sent Ian Bell and Ajmal Shahzad off to play for the Lions on Tuesday so it looks like England will go into this match unchanged. Craig Kieswetter will look to score some runs here having been bowled 1st ball by Tait at Old Trafford. England's bowlers have been all over Australia so far and Andrew Strauss will hope that continues here. Australia will also probably be unchanged. I don't see what changes they can make. They need their batsmen to make some runs. To be fair, if they need a place to make runs you'd pick here with the wicket playing lovely. It will turn too which could bring Steven Smith into the game but Doug Bollinger and Shaun Tait are likely to be the main threats with the ball. Ponting hasn't figured with the bat yet and Australia will hope that changes here. I went to The Oval for a twenty20 match last week and the wicket is playing lovely. It's a quick outfield as always and this almost has to be a high scoring match. Whoever bats 1st will need 300 here at least. I just can't see Australia winning here. The odds for England are very big given the ease they've won the 3 matches so far. Ok the last game looked tight at the end but for 90 overs it was anything but. Whether that's swayed the bookies or not I'm not sure but I'm more than happy to take England who I now think will complete a 5-0 whitewash in the series. 3pts Over 6.5 6's Evs Blue Square Stats don't back me up here but I'm going to trust my knowledge and instincts. I think this line is achievable. It's already been achieved at the Swalec in game 2 and I really think this wicket is playing well. The straight boundaries here remain pretty small for this standard and that boundary down to the Bedser stand will always be small. Both sides have some big hitters. Australia have Watson who should love this wicket, Paine, Ponting, White, Hussey and even Smith and Hopes can clear the ropes. There isn't anyone in England's top 6 who can't clear the ropes and on a wicket I'm absolutely certain that will be full of runs and high scoring I think we'll get the 7 6's we require here. 3pts P.Collingwood's Performance Pts - 36&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Paul Collingwood comes into this match off the back of 40 runs and a wicket at Old Trafford. He scored 48 runs at the Swalec so he's in decent nick with the willow without getting a real big score. I think that will come soon and there's no reason it can't be here. I think his bowling will be good here too. In a twenty20 match I went to last week, Sean Ervine, a similar bowler to Collingwood took 3 for and Colly himself took 2 wickets here against this opposition last year. Obviously catches are always a possibility for the twenty20 captain so with 3 genuine scoring methods, particularly his batting on this deck, I'll happily take Colly to cover 36pts.

Re: Cricket: England vs Australia - ODI Series (plus Ireland & Scotland games) Good luck with those bets kev! I'm on the sixes bet as well, shame Clarke batted so long - at least they have posted a decent score, so we have a slim chance of still winning here. One for me at halfway stage- England to win2/1 4 points - will hill bigger bet for me but only because I think this is great value! As you mentioned keV, this price must be inflated by the wobble in the last match, 290ish is probably only just slightly above par - I was expecting 6/5 , 13/8 max so 2/1 is a very pleasant surprise. The weather is great, the pitch is great, we are confident and in form and we have demonstrated that we can chase down a target - we bat down to 10 their is a very strong arguembet here! So I'm putting my money where my mouth is with a bigger than normal bet for myself. :hope

Re: Cricket: England vs Australia - ODI Series (plus Ireland & Scotland games) That was a horrible day. England were crap and Australia never looked like hitting many 6's :eyes. To round it all off Collingwood got a pathetic decision so no returns today. -10 today and back to -4.37 for the series. One saving grace is I'm effectively on England at 8/1 on Saturday so hopefully they can do the business for me there.

Re: Cricket: England vs Australia - ODI Series (plus Ireland & Scotland games) Final ODI is tomorrow. As I said before, I'm on England at 8/1 so I'm only going with one more tomorrow. Hopefully Cameron White can get in and score a few although realistically that bet looks gone. 6pts 5th ODI - Under 5.5 6's 10/11 Blue Square Since the excellent tied NatWest final between these two sides here in 2005, there have been 10 ODI's at the home of cricket and only one of them has yielded more than 5 6's. I've mentioned in previous threads when we've had matches at Lords about just how big the boundaries are here. These two played an ODI here last summer and there was no 6's. Although the wicket here is good, big scores are still rare as the slope always keeps the bowlers interested and the batsmen on their toes. We've had 4 matches in this series so far and only one of them has had more than 5 6's. This is easily the biggest ground we've used in the series though so I'm pretty happy to take the unders at this line.

Re: Cricket: England vs Australia - ODI Series (plus Ireland & Scotland games) Fingers crossed for the 6's bet but they haven't half brought the ropes in a long way. Commentors keep remarking about how short the boundaries are. At least there's movement and hopefully Ponting and Clarke will bat long.