Doncaster - 13th of June.

3:30 Doncaster - Poet's Place - 1pt e/w @ 7/1 (Powers - BOG) Son of a former group performer who was 4th in a Group 1 and placed in Group 2 and Group 3 races. Won both starts by 4l including a handicap last time out on the AW at Lingfield where The Barron has a great record. This is an extremely tough class three race with 20 runners in it at the moment but I'm going to have a little e/w go at David Barron's runner here, If taking to the Turf on first attempt I think he has a good chance of at least placing, Has the pedigree to suggest he'll be a speedball and if continuing his AW runs then he has to have a good chance here, Upped 12lbs in the handicap mark after his win in February but only carries 2lbs more then that race due to the step up in class. Phillip Makin takes the ride and he's a very good sprint jockey in my opinion and he was on board on Poet's Place's only two races so far, So he should hopefully know how to get the most out of him. He and The Barron have been in good form of late and with a bit of luck in running I think they could add to the tally. Not an ideal draw in stall 8 but with 4 places paid I think he should get into the top four at least. Depending on how the market goes tomorrow I might go back in for some more if there's a decent move as there usually is with Barron's fancied horses, Should have a good chance regardless, Assuming he takes to the Turf but breeding suggests it could well be ideal.

Re: Doncaster - 13th of June. 2.55 Doncaster Was always sweet on Thunderball throughout the winter yet to quite prove he is as good on turf although promise last time but up 3lb straight away and this is tougher and concern over the form of the yard currently not really firing aswell as they were! That leads me to a hot stable that can do little wrong at the moment and that is Cumani's team and he doesnt have many runners in lower class handicaps and they have to be respected, he has been running into form recently with a good second to a potentially very useful horse in Tagseed up 2lb for that which is fair enough the form is taking some unusual boost from those that trailed in the 4th was disappointing next time out so the form is slightly muddling but Game lad who was 3rd that day is in fine form and beat him comfortably so may still be capable of better. The other runner I like is Tudor Key Ryan gave him a fantastic ride on first start of season and although not winning again he has run creditably and is now only 1lb above that winning mark, ryan back on board and some cut in the ground all in his favour to suggest a old bid may be made! 0.5pt win major phil 11/4 hills 0.25pt e/w tudor key 14/1sj 3.30 Doncaster There are signs that the Dascombe yard is hitting some form right now with a couple winners over the past week or so. Jonny Mudball showed a likeable attitude and real potential on the AW making all to win a maiden impressively, those tactics have yet to be used on turf but raced keenly last time out but finished well to suggest he is in good heart, would them to push on with him and give him a chance upfront again he is clearly a tough cookie no rise for recent 2nd which looks lenient. 0.5pt win johnny mudball 13/2 pp

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.