Salisbury - 13th of June.

2:00 Salisbury - Akbabend - 1pt e/w Was sent off 7/2 favorite in a similar event to this at Doncaster last week, Ran well for a long time just weakening in the final furlong. Was running off top weight that day which probably took its toll. That was his first race back on the turf since last August after three good runs on the AW including one win in a similar event at Wolverhampton where he won well. Robert Winston gets the leg up here instead of Royston French who was on him last time, A definite improvement in my opinion and Winston won on him before albeit from a 5lb lower mark but he ran very well that day and Winston got a good tune out of him and he's a jockey I rate highly. His record for Mark Johnston is brilliant also, They've a 27% strike rate from 70 races and a £1 level stakes profit of £45 which is extremely good. Well bred and Dam (John Oxx trained) came second in a Group 2. Plenty of room for improvement and should enjoy the ground also, Trip is ideal and with Winston on board I think he has a great chance, Forecast at around 12/1 which looks very good indeed and with a little improvement and running to ability he could get his first win as a 4 year old. The Cecil horse Feathered Crown who will be favorite bar a big gamble is the obvious danger and one to beat but he's 8lbs higher than his win on penultimate start so he's definitely opposable, And they each way value lies with Akbabend in my opinion. :cheers

Re: Salisbury - 13th of June. 2.00 Salisbury Feathered Crown is likely to be a very short favourite in a contest where a question mark can be put against most of these mainly on the issue of the trip including Feathered Crown but having said that I feel he is the classiest runner in the field and is clearly improving and could well prove ahead of the handicapper yet and if staying the longer trip I feel he could be hard to beat! 1pt win feathered crown 2/1 sj 2.30 Salisbury The markets reaction to Solemn last run is a serious over reaction in my opinion, yes this is a hotter race than that he won on penultimate start but he won very decisevly and handicapper has been quick to react to by a slightly tame effort off new mark dropping him 4lb so is now just 6lb higher than that mark when romping home by 4lengths does need to prove he is still in form but no reason to think he wont bounce back although yards form has tailed off slightly recently therefore a down sized stake! 0.25pt e/w solemen 12/1 bet365

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.