York - Saturday 12th June

:ok Looks a cracking card as usual. 14:40 York Nice race this and my original decision was to side with the early priced favourite Distant Memories after a very nice 2nd on his reappearance at Pontefract but the shorter trip may be a concern. Due to that being a worry I am siding with Richard Hannon's Oratory who I believe has a handicap in him sometime soon so why not today? He is still lightly raced having had just the 8 runs to date and is very unexposed over this trip having only had one attempt at it which was on his reappearance at Newmarket in the Spring Cup where he finished 3rd. He was a bit one paced inside the final furlong that day but he may have been in need of the run so I definately feel he will get the trip. Has only won a maiden race at Salisbury over 7 furlongs and since then has only been in the frame twice from 6 runs. Was 15/29 when last on track in the Victoria Cup, was well beaten but the form of that race tends to work out well. Failed to go in the stalls at Sandown 2 weeks back so hopefully he won't play up again at the start today. 0.5pt win Oratory @ 12/1 (BlueSquare) 15:15 York Tim Easterby has been in cracking form lately and he saddles up Midnight Martini in this race. This horse has had a string of great form and progressed really well in 2009 as a 2 year old by notching up a hat-trick at the tail end of the season. Those wins came at Carlisle over 5 furlongs, Thirsk over 5 furlongs (off a mark of 77) and then finally completing the hat-trick over this course and distance off a mark of 84. She ended the season with a very nice 2nd in a group 3 race at Ascot over 6 furlongs. Two runs this season have not been too bad either, was 2nd at Ripon over 6 furlongs on her reappearance off a mark of 92 and then 2nd LTO at this course over 5 furlongs off a mark of 94. Runs off 95 today which is 11lbs higher than her last win but she is entitled to win off this mark, especially since she is still progressing. 8 runs to date and hasn't been unplaced since her 3rd run which was the first time she got her head in front. This is not an easy race by any means and a lot of these have very strong form so the winner could come from one of many. 0.5pts E/W Midnight Martini @ 12/1 (ToteSport - BOG)

Re: York - Saturday 12th June 3.15 YORK I like the look of Nosedive at 25/1, first time out he was 4th to Duchess Dora who is expected to win a Listed event today at Sandown. His form has been consistent since that race, last time out he was 5th, coming from behind over 7f at Epsom and over a quicker 6f today it might just suit him better! Also as a two year old he was highly tried in Group company and although not getting any black type was far from disgraced.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.