Jabulani Jubilee

Having read about all the problems keepers are having with the Jabulani ball I thought there might be some money to be had backing midfielders and defenders who have a fierce long shot on them. By excluding forwards there should be some really good odds about and with the assistance of the Jabulani I'm hoping to rejoice with some profits. My knowledge of football isn't the greatest so any suggestions (or youtube links) on players who have a good long shot is appreciated :ok Failing adequate observations by myself and/or suggestions from others, I'm not afraid to open up FM 10 and do a filter on players with 15+ for long shots :rollin I'm reluctant to take more than one player from any one team but have created a shortlist with multiple players from the one nation. Not sure yet if I want to do FGS or just anytime, but imagine that FGS is probably the best with a proviso that anyone in double figures for an anytime scorer also be taken. Some players I'm considering so far from personal obersvations: England: Frank Lampard Denmark: Daniel Agger Germany: Philip Lahm, Bastian Schweinsteigger Australia: Jason Cullina, Marco Bresciano Spain: Xabi Alonso Some players that FM has suggested to me: Aleksandar Kolarov, Nenad Milijas (Serbia) Gonzalo Fierro (Chile) Taye Taiwo (Nigeria) Gokhan Inler, Reto Ziegler (Switzerland) Edgar Barreto (Paraguay) Any suggestions, or general comments of mockery are welcome :loon

Re: Jabulani Jubilee I already wrote several times what i think about that "ball", IMO you should re-consider your strategy cause i doubt you'll benefit from it. Most of the long shots goes wide, far over the bar cause Jabulani is too light. Same thing with free kicks and corners. Jabulani is too different from normal balls, and players need some time to get used to it. Yesterday we practiced with Jabulani in our local club, and you have to be very skilled technically to control it, not only when shooting from long range, but also when stopping it, passing etc. I'm a GK and it's true that ball is very hard to stop for keepers but it's harder to control it properly for strikers what makes job much easier for defenders. Anyway, wish you all the best but personally i doubt you can make some profit unless you get lucky. Cheers. :cheers

Re: Jabulani Jubilee From what I've seen so far I'm quite inclined to agree with you. My selections have barely had a shot, let alone come close to scoring. I'll stick it out til the end of the first round matches but if I still haven't had any success I'll shut this one down.

Re: Jabulani Jubilee Didn't wanted to discourage you mate, just wanted to help. And i think you should stick with it ESPECIALLY after first matches cause players are training with that ball and they will fully adapt on it in later rounds. Anyway, all the best. :hope