Redcar 8th June

3.35 Redcar Kiwi bay shaped well in the spring mile handicap at start of season and then again on second start of season, never got on terms over an inadequet 7f, step back upto a mile should suit much better and a return to form handicapper has finally dropped him 2lb to give him a chance and doesnt looked handicapped out of things! Will also appreciate any overnight rain. 0.5pt e/w kiwi bay 8/1 Bet365

Re: Redcar 8th June 15:35 Redcar This may not come as a surprise that I am going for a Mark Johnston horse and I really can't seem to catch him right at the minute so hopefully today is the day I do. I think Karaka Jack looks like having a fantastic chance in this race. He will be facing his elders after competing in three handicaps for 3 year olds but he gets an 11lb allowance due to this which makes him extremely well weighted in my opinion. He will be running off 8-13 when he is a 90 rated horse. Has only had two runs over the mile trip and has been fairly well beaten on both occasions but this does not bother me due to the talent he has opposed. Firstly on his penultimate start at Sandown he was beaten almost 3 lengths in 2nd place to Fallen Idol who has since followed up at listed level and is now rated 104 (was rated 89 in the race at Sandown). The 4th place that day Red Badge has also ran at listed level in his only race since where he managed a creditable 2nd place and is now rated 100. Karaka Jack finished 1 and a half lengths in front of him that day off just 2lbs lower. This now takes me to his last race which was a very hot handicap at Newmarket. He was beaten 7 lengths that day but the winner Oasis Dancer has run in the group 1 Irish 2000 guineas since and is rated 102. Balducci in 2nd place went on to win his next race in handicap company off a mark of 84 and is now rated 96 due to the manor of his victory that day and will surely be running at listed or group level in his next appearance. Finally Hypnotized who was 4th was 2nd in a nice handicap at Goodwood since and is now rated 91. The others who finished around him have yet to race since. So as you can see this horse has run in some good company and should find things a lot easier here especially with the drop down in grade although there is undoubtedly still some class in this race. He is still lightly raced and I feel he is definately still progressing and fancy him to land this handicap at a reasonably nice price. At the very least I would be hoping for a place and although this may seem a strange time to raise the stakes, I am pretty confident in this one and feels it warrants the extra staking. 2pts E/W Karaka Jack @ 6/1 (Bet365 - BOG)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.