Southwell 6th June

15:50 - Celtic Step @ 5/1 Stan James (bog) I thought Celtic Step was nailed on to win a race in 2009 but it didn't quite happen, he has dropped right down the handicap now and at the current price of 6/1 I think he is a good bet. He has previous form on fibresand running a close 2nd over the mile in a seller two runs ago. He actually has some fair form in handicap races, he was poor lto which luckily I missed but I think we'll see a better performence today.

Re: Southwell 6th June 3.50 Southwell Extremely weak even for the grade and Business class must have a chance, his only worthwhile form is on the fibresand for Dandy Nicholls when he won a mile handicap here in sept off a mark of 57, runs off 60 today but useful apprentice takes off 5lb and also wearing first time cheekpieces! 0.25pt e/w business class 8/1 hills 4.20 Southwell Tomintoul Star was a horse I tipped up several times over the winter he clearly goes well round here but has been extremely frustrating, he doesnt shape as ungenuine he just seems to keep bouncing into 1 or 2 too good, handicapper giving him a chance considering his consistency now running off same mark from his best effort over CD when runner up by a neck! 0.5pt win tomintoul star 4/1 pp 4.50 Southwell Wide open low grade handicap, and if there was a horse that often runs above his mark but finds 1 or 2 good it has to be Louisiade becaming a little frustrating over the winter with several good placed efforts on both surfaces, not won for several years but plenty of promise recently and still remains extremely well handicapped if catching anything like his old spark! 0.25pt e/w louisiade 7/1 sj

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.