Lay Of The Day - Saturday 5th June

Re: Lay Of The Day - Saturday 5th June 1:40 Epsom - Verdant - Place Lay I don't think he justifies being favorite here and I don't think he'll win. Dr Zhivago was ahead of him last time and I think he'll be ahead of time again and I don't give DZ much of a hope! Could well fly in but well underpriced in my opinion.

Re: Lay Of The Day - Saturday 5th June 2.05 muss hypnosis - 1 pt lay - decent effort lto but this race is quie good as a consolation race for those missing out on the scottish cup. i think lost in paris could ruffle him up and a couple closers could swoop.

Re: Lay Of The Day - Saturday 5th June 4.00 Epsom Jan Vermeer 1pt lay Sorry but just cant have this guy no matter what price he drifts out too, he is clearly second string attack since St Nick hasnt made it, money usually rushes in for an Obrien horse if they are confident but market certainly suggest he isnt quite up there the whole race looks a wide open affair and I am quite sweet on Fallons mount Al Zir!

Re: Lay Of The Day - Saturday 5th June 230 Wor: Hampton Court Place Lay Only two places and Hampton Court will have to find something on his debut over fences, made enough errors over hurdles to make me think he will struggle here to get involved, gets backed quite often so has some abilty.

Re: Lay Of The Day - Saturday 5th June Epsom 4.00 - Workforce - lay Can't see this one winning - don't think he'll be suited by firmish ground (he reportedly has a soft ground action, high knees or whatever the sign is...........:unsure)...........and that probably means he won't handle the downhill sections very well either Might well come into his own later in the season on flatter tracks with good or softer ground, but don't reckon today will be his day.

Re: Lay Of The Day - Saturday 5th June Jan Vermeer 4.00 Epsom - LAY This horse had not been mentioned as potential Derby winner and O'Brien only had St Nicholas on his mind. This steps in as a replacement and has won well and only beaten what was put in front of it but this looks like a wide open race and any of about 5-6 horses could win this race. Hard to know how much others have come on for seasonal debuts and would rather have backed Cape Blanco than this if it was still in the race. I think there might be a big priced shock today so willing to lay this for the competition.

Re: Lay Of The Day - Saturday 5th June 2.30 Worcester LAY: Factotum Returns from a six month lay-off to make his chasing debut here having been pulled up on final start over hurdles in November. Could be vulnerable if not fully wound up for this and the race could be run to suit main rival Cullahill who jumps well and has had a recent run.

Re: Lay Of The Day - Saturday 5th June FACTOTUM 2.30 Worcester. Place Lay. Better class than his rivals, but chasing is a different ball game to hurdling, so with needing to show fitness after a break and with the ground a little faster than ideal, it wouldn't be a surprise to see a below par effort today. Value is in the place market at around 2/5.

Re: Lay Of The Day - Saturday 5th June 5.25 Musselburgh - Engulf (LAY) Horse is clear favourite because a) he is making his handicap debut and b) he has the best turf form. At his current lay odds of about 2.4, if we can find 2 serious challengers then we have all we need for a long-term profitable lay. Amenable has certainly not been disgraced recently on the turf and he has won on the fibresand last year. Jeannie Galloway is another danger to the hot favourite - improved all last season as a two year old, finished with a couple of wins, and will be more focused for her season debut three weeks ago. Yet another one that could be made a case for is Master Leon - done all his winning on the all-weather but fully entitled to go close on his turf debut of the season. In addition, none of the other runners are truly hopeless cases, and they all have bits and pieces of form, and as they are young and still growing, any one of them can show a massive ability boost at any time. At just 2.40 to lay, Engulf simply has too much competition to be that low in the market.