Newcastle 5th June (Eve)

20:05 George Adamson is a massive danger, especially as it won a similar event in fairly easy fashion after finding trouble (albeit over a slightly longer trip) and for my concerns with the trip (I think it's a little too sharp for him) I will look over in favour of Tilos Gem. Has struggled in handicap company, his only success coming in Maiden company. However, that was on fast ground at Bath where it ran an easy winner. The ground is one of my principle reasons for selection. In the four times it has faced Good to Firm or Firm ground, it has won once, placed twice and the other occasion was on his first run (in a hot Ascot maiden). The two placed efforts came off a mark 7lbs higher than today, and in better company. Not impossible for that form to return and is a viable alternative to the likely favourite. Forecasted price of 6/1 21:05 Pretty unoriginal choice but find it difficult to see Liberty Lady being beaten off top-weight. Raised 7lbs for a very impressive Lingfield success over the minimum trip. Had shown bits and pieces of ability in his 6 runs so that might be a doubt (may be a bit hit or miss) but the Lingfield run was a class above anything seen by any other pieces of form by any other runners in this race. Avrilo, who Liberty Lady beat by 3 lengths has won since and this boost to the form makes the selection even more confident. My main danger would Commance Raider, but I have doubts about it's starting and will oppose. Currently trading at 3.65 on Betfair, an excellent price. Will post bookmakers prices I get tomorrow.:ok

Re: Newcastle 5th June (Eve) 7.05 Newcastle Ruth Carr has her string in fantastic form right now and Imperial Djay scored narrowly last time out when wearing down the run away front runner and well handicapped Glenriddin, up just 3lb for that and is probably worth more than that as the rest of the field were well held. 1pt win imperial djay 3/1 sj

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.