Placepot players

I have a keen intrest in the placepot bet as it can get you involved in a days racing card for just the cost of a few quid, however it can be so frustrating when 9/10 times you can hit 5 and then the dividend goes and pays a fortune !!! I am at the point where i think i need a couple of hints and tips as it has been so long since i have hit the 6 . . . Am i the only person that enjoys this bet ? Am i wasting my money? (i apologise if i have put this thread in the wrong place, if so tell me where to go with it :ok ) Cheers Andy

Re: Placepot players You probably have put it in the wrong place but......;) It is a what I call a "fun bet", however there are plenty of serious players who make it their main type of bet.... I think the main problem people have is that they dont select enough runners in the final leg. Punters can start with the first race and then work their way through and by the time they reach legs 5 and 6 they end up selecting just one or two runners to keep the cost down. I personally think these are the legs you need to have the runners in, as it is now payday so to speak. I often banker the first two legs knowing that if I go out then I always have the fallback of a quadpot. Without knowing how many pounds you will tend to stake, have you considered reducing your unit stake to get more runners in?

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.