Sandown - 27/5/10 *Free to watch on Racing UK*

Re: Sandown - 27/5/10 *Free to watch on Racing UK* Sandown 7.10 (27/5/10) Had a good luck through this race and the ones I got rid of as simply not good enough are Balkan Knight, Eradicate, Furmigadelaguista, Akmal and Montaff. Opinion Poll's form on good to firm is poor and the trainer has stated on numerous occasions it needs good or softer ground, currently 5/2 and for me should be nearer 5/1 as I don't think it will act on firm ground. Darley Sun would have a form chance but the stable is 1-22, Dettori prefers this to Sabotage and if fit will have a chance but may need the run, look out for trainer quotes or interviews before the race. Illustrious Blue seemed like a decent listed/group 3 horse but nothing special and vulnerable to anything with potential but stepping it up to 2m could see improvement. I can't see it being good enough against the 2 Godolphin horses and the Stoute horse but 8-1 is a fair price. Sabotage has won over 2m and on good to firm ground. Was also 2nd to Claremont over a shorter trip recently on good to firm ground. Some of its other form is nothing special. Rated 110 and has a chance here. Finally Saptapadi is from the Stoute yard, he does well with his older horses and with his stayers and this is related to Patkai. Lightly raced, 4 career races, only one as a 2 year old and open to a lot of improvement and has a win already this season when winning easily at odds on at Doncaster when eased down in a 1m4f race. The form that interests me is the 5th to Golden Sword at Chester in May 2009. That horse went on to run 5th in the Derby behind Sea The Stars and Fame and Glory and was then 2nd in the Irish Derby. Saptapadi was only beaten around 5l that day in May and is now older and more experienced with plenty of potential. Officially rated 100 but could be much better than that. Suggested Bets: 15pts Saptapadi 5-1 PaddyPower (BOG) 5pts Sabotage 6-1 Stan James (BOG) Sandown 7.45 (27/5/10) This race doesn't look the best on paper and it will be hard to see past Glass Harmonium or Sri Putra in this race. Sri Putra has a Group 2 win in France but was then well beaten in a Group 3 and destroyed in a Group 1 race. It's form of beating Tranquil Tiger by 1 length last time out looks ok for this level but nothing more than that. Glass Harmonium was not beaten by far in the Dante last year, it won its next race, a listed contest over 10f on good to firm and did not get a clear run when 2nd to Steele Tango in a Group 3 race. It won last time out but was reportedly in need of the run and beat Redwood by a head (that one poor since). This is rated 114 while Sri Putra is rated 111 but I feel this one has the potential to be at least 4-5lb better than this rating. Ryan Moore is leading jockey here and Stoute is joint top trainer (from less races) and boasts a 24% strike rate. I can see Glass Harmonium taking this race and moving on to Group 2 level at least. Suggested Bet: 20pts WIN - Glass Harmonium 9-4 Bet365 (BOG) Sandown 8.20 (27/5/10) I tipped No Hubris on Saturday when it was due to carry top weight in a valuable handicap but it missed that race and came here instead. It looks to have a chance and is a decent price at 15-2, whether it is value or not will depend on just how good Fallen Idol really is. That one is priced up on potential but I don't want to take around 6-5 on a horse that has won a maiden and a handicap in style. It could be a bit special but I'm not taking 6-5 to find out. Both Fallen Idol and No Hubris are course and distance winners and No Hubris won here last time out when probably in need of a run but still got up to win over 1m on good ground for Jamie Spencer. He takes the ride again and the horse battled well for him last time out, I liked its attitude as I felt it was getting beaten but it dug in and just found something extra. Big Audio is an obvious danger for Godolphin but stable are out of form and it is 1st time visored, which for me could be a negative. No Hubris was well beaten in a Group 2 race but was also injured shortly after and there is no disgrace in the form as it was beaten by Canford Cliffs and Xtension. I've marked this as progressive and worth following, it was only a class 3 race it won last time and needs to improve again to take this but has potential to do so. A possible danger at a bigger price is Greyfriarschorista from the Mark Johnstone stable, absolutely hacked up in handicaps by wide margins, 2nd in a listed race and then 2nd last in the Guineas. 12-1 looks big to me. Suggested Bets: 10pts No Hubris 15-2 PaddyPower (BOG) 5pts Greyfriarschorista 12-1 PaddyPower (BOG) Also advise doubles and a treble on Saptapadi, Glass Harmonium and No Hubris

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.