Chester - 22/5/10

Monkton Vale 5.45 Chester I backed Judiciary in the last at York last Friday and it was well supported on course. I was worried when I saw Monkton Vale battling to the line and it only got beaten a neck but showed a real genuine attitude on very firm ground and over a trip of 1m4f. Slightly shorter trip today but should not be a problem. Raced off 72, was beaten by a horse rated 78 and a horse rated 80 was last, up 4lb to 76 today but only 4lb off the top two rated horses and one of those has been running on the all weather. I'll see what the odds are tomorrow before deciding if or how to bet in this race but this is the initial choice. Fahey in fine form and hard to ignore at the moment too.

Re: Chester - 22/5/10 3.25 Chester Brae Hill looks certain to go well today having run a credible fourth last time out. However, one further back in the field that day, INVINCIBLE FORCE, makes more appeal. He went off at a ferocious pace last time and understandably his stamina gave way close home, but I think he is worth another chance here as he goes well at the track and ran promisingly at Thirsk on his penultimate start. 16/1 b365, EW

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.