Haydock 21st May

7.30 Haydock Dont often bet in 3yr old race and especially not stakes races but I have heard that Red Gulch is working extremely well at home, and although not a strong maiden it was good enough for an AW maiden and did win impressively, and form has taken plenty of boosts at a lower level. 1pt win red gulch 85/40 vc

Re: Haydock 21st May Christopher Wren 8.30 Haydock I really fancied this horse recently at Epsom when we were there on the PL race day. I backed it at 12's on course and in the last ten mins or so before the off the horse got really well backed into around 13-2. That was a 9f race off a rating of 75 with Robert Winston on board. Goes off 75 again tonight but over 1m2f and now has 5lb claimer Kieren Fox on board. Formline reads 3-11-3-1-11. The 1st time it was 11th it stumbled at the start losing any chance of winning and raced at the back of the field. The two times it was 3rd it just looks to have been outpaced and possibly in need of further yet it did win over 1m on good to soft ground and was staying on at the end of that race. Last time out it is hard to tell if it didn't like the ground or just didn't take to the track at Epsom. It travelled well for a long way and raced quite prominently, I was hopeful of an effort but it just faded away as they came down the hill, never really travelling at that point and was then crowded out and eased for the final furlong, finishing 2nd last but I felt that was not a true reflection of the horses ability and give it another chance tonight off what I feel is a massive price at 18-1. I think the course will suit more, the step up in trip will suit and the 5lb claim is another plus, it won well off a 69 rating. Some of the field don't look very good so with 9 runners and the race paying 3 places I would advise taking the 18-1 each way with VCBet. 5pts EW Christopher Wren 18-1 VC Bet

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.