Lay Of The Day - Thursday 20th May

1:50 Haydock - Speed Gene - Place Lay I know it's a tad controversial to place lay a Hannon newcomer but he is a debutant up against a few with decent first-time-out efforts here. West Leake Bridge is a worthy favourite, Colorado Gold built on his debut when 2nd lto and could well go really close here. A couple of other with experience and a few other interesting newcomers to me make Speed Gene a nice value place lay. If Hughes was on I'd swerve the lay, but McDonald isn't even the stable 2nd jockey 1pt place lay

Re: Lay Of The Day - Thursday 20th May 2.40 Southwell - San Fermin (LAY) Is favourite on debut, most likely because he is a Godolphin runner. I believe him to be a false favourite however with too many punters backing blindly because of the name value. Four other runners: George Benjamin, Prima de Vida, Conceptual Art and Wadi Wanderer have all had respectable outings on the fibresand recently and this experience should give their chances of taking this event a little boost. There are some minor niggling questions about the number of runs it has taken for George Benjamin in particular to break his maiden status. In summary, a debutant on the Southwell fibresand faces at least three credible opponents today, and as such, backing odds less than 3.0 are simply far too short.

Re: Lay Of The Day - Thursday 20th May 13:50 Haydock - West Leake Bridge Again purely based on value this is a lay for me. These types of races are always open and with newcomers it's impossible to predict how they will perform. Whilst it is a step down in class the horse is stepping up in distance and didn't finish strongly last time out.

Re: Lay Of The Day - Thursday 20th May 3.15 Southwell - Crystal Feather - win lay 2nd fave here but I don't think it will get the trip Has ran here twice here over shorter trips and been well beaten, so it's not provan that he handles the surface. It's probably a safe 'place lay' but I'm in such bad form that I'm grasping for pennies to try and get back in profit for the month, so I'm not risking a place lay

Re: Lay Of The Day - Thursday 20th May 445 Wetherby: Dawn Ride place lay This one won here last time quite easily but it was a very poor race and will find this tougher with the extra weight and I dont think the horse will like the firm ground. With two or three capable of a good run i'll risk the place lay.

Re: Lay Of The Day - Thursday 20th May MAQAASID 5.50 Sandown. Place Lay. Debutant and so could be anything, but expected to come on plenty for this run and so with hearing several others expected to get into the money, it looks worth opposing him in the place market at around 8/13, irrespective of the end result.

Re: Lay Of The Day - Thursday 20th May 6.00 Salisbury: Approve 1pt win lay Undoubtedly has shown the best form with solid 3rd in decent looking race LTO and deserves to be fave. However I just can't be having it at odds on when there are others with potential to improve for debut run and a couple of likely types that are unraced. Horse may hose in but at odds on, has to go down as a lay IMO.