Haydock 20th May

3.25 Haydock 10 Runner handicap and a case can be made for every single runner and makes this tough and I am gonna take 3 all win only. Webbow run well in some fierce handicaps last season and again on reappearance when shaping well enough before meeting an awful passage in running and is worth a second job in this easiest task for some time for him on fast ground rather than soft. Jordaura clearly came on for the run when staying on very eye catchingly on 2nd start of the season off a 3lb lower mark, 3rd has boosted form having finished runner up on 2 attempts in better races off 2lb higher mark and 5th also ran out credible 2nd next time out in a better race, seems to go on any ground conditions so should be bang there. Kidlat looks overpriced at 10/1 having racked up a quick double on aw then solid turf effort next time out, probably disappointing effort can be put down to soft conditions, useful claimer takes 3lb off so looks hold a claim and at 10/1 a chance is taken on him bouncing back. 0.25pt win kidlat 10/1 bet365 0.25pt win webbow 5/1 bet365 0.25pt win jordaura 11/2 bet365

Re: Haydock 20th May 2.50 Oriental Cavalier Reopposes Hawaana here on same mark as LTO. Not won much but consistant and like the chances from lower draw. Not too hot on the others in the race and fancy him to take this. 3.25 Just Bond Like the look of Just Bond here. Same mark as LTO when second, and a win before that over CD. Same claimer who seems to do well, and horse has shown ability again back on turf after average showing on AW. Good low draw. Tight race but value lies here imo

Re: Haydock 20th May 2.50 Hawanna Win Looks a wide open race but fancy Hawanna to come on from his last run out at Nottingham at reverse the placings with Oriental Cavalier. 4.35 Haydock Ahlawy Win Won here last time out over slightly shorter trip. Has ground and field size that will suit and tends to come to prominence at this time of year and Michael Hills is an interesting jockey booking.

Re: Haydock 20th May 15:25 Haydock Very tight affair this and I feel many have strong claims. I was just going to leave the race alone as I literally couldn't split 3 of them up and weirdly enough it is the three that re-oppose over course and distance in the race that Just Bond won last month. He does really well at this course and beat Kidlat by half a length that day. Just Bond should give another good account here today but with a 5lb pull in the weights I feel Kidlat could potentially reverse the form despite the fact that Just Bond was idling in front that day and had to be pulled out for a run after being stuck in behind a few horses. My selection will appreciate todays quick ground (as it was here when he was 2nd over CD) and with a useful apprentice on board he is technically 1lb lower than that run and only 1lb higher than his last winning mark. Seems versatile tactic-wise but it could pay to be held up once again at this track with two front runners in Fastnet Storm and Transonic. 0.5pts E/W Kidlat @ 14/1 (VC Bet - BOG)

Re: Haydock 20th May CARNIVORE 3.25 Haydock. 0.5 points each way. Returns to the turf and I think that will suit him better than recently. Also drops down to a mark of 76, so if he can find his best, then he should be involved in the fight for the line. The price is around 20/1 and so looks the value call for today.

Re: Haydock 20th May 16:35 Haydock I really like the look of Mark Johnston's Spirit Is Needed here. He has progressed really well in all of his three runs to date and I expect him to improve further this year considering he is still lightly raced. He is the least exposed in the race and having already won over the distance he definately holds strong claims. His only win was in a maiden race at Leicester where he beat Tanfidh by 3 and a quarter lengths, Tanfidh was then a further 4 lengths clear of the field and has boosted the form by winning a maiden race and in handicap company since, she is now rated 86. Spirit Is Needed was then upped in trip to 14 furlongs LTO and was only beaten by a head, the rest of the field were a further 6 lengths behind and he has been raised 5lbs for that effort but in quick conditions and back down to a distance he has won it could see him back in the winners enclosure. This is his first run of the season so fitness is my only concern but I am taking it on trust that Johnston will have him ready for this race. 1.5pt win Spirit Is Needed @ 5/1 (Stan James - BOG)

Re: Haydock 20th May

16:35 Haydock I really like the look of Mark Johnston's Spirit Is Needed here. He has progressed really well in all of his three runs to date and I expect him to improve further this year considering he is still lightly raced. He is the least exposed in the race and having already won over the distance he definately holds strong claims. His only win was in a maiden race at Leicester where he beat Tanfidh by 3 and a quarter lengths, Tanfidh was then a further 4 lengths clear of the field and has boosted the form by winning a maiden race and in handicap company since, she is now rated 86. Spirit Is Needed was then upped in trip to 14 furlongs LTO and was only beaten by a head, the rest of the field were a further 6 lengths behind and he has been raised 5lbs for that effort but in quick conditions and back down to a distance he has won it could see him back in the winners enclosure. This is his first run of the season so fitness is my only concern but I am taking it on trust that Johnston will have him ready for this race. 1.5pt win Spirit Is Needed @ 5/1 (Stan James - BOG)
:nana:nana

Re: Haydock 20th May

Nice one Stu. Won well and one to keep an eye on NTO too
Cheers mate. Definately, I wonder if they will step him up in trip again as he was only narrowly beaten over 14 furlongs. Just depends how heavy the handicapper hits him as well.