Newbury Saturday 15th May

14:00 Newbury I really like the chances of Red Merlin in this race who progressed really well as a 4 year old last year. Notched up 3 wins in 2009 which all came over 12 furlongs in handicap company. He won at Chester (dead-heat), Goodwood and Haydock and also placed at Windsor and Kepton during 2009. His only unplaced run was his last run which was at York when he was upped to a trip of 14 furlongs which may not have suited him. Tackles a trip of just over 13 furlongs today which may be better suited to him and I expect him to run a very solid race in the step up to listed level for the first time. Robinson has been riding very well since coming back from injury and has won on the horse before so he will know what the horse is all about. This is a very tight affair so I will be playing small stakes only on the horse to win. 0.5pts win Red Merlin @ 6/1 (Bet365 - BOG)

Re: Newbury Saturday 15th May 15:40 Newbury One bet that STRIKES me in this race is Striking Spirit (see what I done there haha) who has done all his winning over this 6 furlong trip. Has won at York, Ascot and Haydock and they have all been on GF ground which looks set to be today's ground conditions. Was 2nd on his reappearance over the minimum trip at Musselburgh where he was beaten by a head, was running on strongly that day but was just held. The step back up to his preferred trip today will definately be welcomed and he should strip fitter for this race. He is only 2lbs higher than his last win and the 2nd LTO was off today's mark of 95 so he has shown signs that he can win off this mark. Due to the four places on offer I will be having a dabble each way. 0.5pts E/W Striking Spirit @ 6/1 (Bet365 - BOG)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.