Punchestown - Friday 22nd April

Re: Punchestown - Friday 22nd April 17:30 - Dunguib @ 7/2 Coral (bog) One run where perhaps the race didn't suit doesn't make this a bad horse, looked anything but that when landing the bumpers and putting a good run leading up to Cheltenham, mixing it with the big boys today but this horse was being tipped up for the Champion Hurdle at Cheltenham so don't think this race should be a problem, has a good turn of foot and if race is run to suit should put in a strong run.

Re: Punchestown - Friday 22nd April Hi guys, Im having to go out and possibly won't be back til about 2pm ish (depending how quick the hospital appointment goes). Will post up my selections now, and prices taken and update with reasoning when I get back if thats ok... If not, then feel free to remove my selections and I will repost them again later. All bet365 and BOG 420 - Rock Diplomat 1pt EW @ 14/1 455 - Askthemaster 0.5pts EW @ 16/1 & Otay Kawn 1pt EW @ 12/1 530 - Hurricane Fly 3 pts WIN @ 10/3. Voler La Vedette 1pt EW @ 9/1, Thousand Stars 0/5pts EW @ 28/1 605 - Duke of Lucca 2pts WIN @ 9/2 640 - Arvika Liggenonnaire 4pts WIN @ 5/2 710 - High Benefit 2pts WIN @ 3/1 745 - Frisco Depot 1pt EW @ 6/1 Will definitely be back before first race for reasoning, but if anyone feels I am in breach of rules, then feel free to remove. Regards

Re: Punchestown - Friday 22nd April

Hi guys, Im having to go out and possibly won't be back til about 2pm ish (depending how quick the hospital appointment goes). Will post up my selections now, and prices taken and update with reasoning when I get back if thats ok... If not, then feel free to remove my selections and I will repost them again later. All bet365 and BOG 420 - Rock Diplomat 1pt EW @ 14/1 455 - Askthemaster 0.5pts EW @ 16/1 & Otay Kawn 1pt EW @ 12/1 530 - Hurricane Fly 3 pts WIN @ 10/3. Voler La Vedette 1pt EW @ 9/1, Thousand Stars 0/5pts EW @ 28/1 605 - Duke of Lucca 2pts WIN @ 9/2 640 - Arvika Liggenonnaire 4pts WIN @ 5/2 710 - High Benefit 2pts WIN @ 3/1 745 - Frisco Depot 1pt EW @ 6/1 Will definitely be back before first race for reasoning, but if anyone feels I am in breach of rules, then feel free to remove. Regards
I think we understand with hospital appointments etc and its not like you are trying to pull a fast one and take the piss by posting without reasoning. No problem as it is, I'll leave the post as it is, just quote it and add the reasoning when you get back. Hope the appointment goes ok. :ok

Re: Punchestown - Friday 22nd April I like three horses today. The 4th Avrika Legionaire is not value for me at 2/1, but should win too. Have taken the follwing bets. Hurricane Fly 7/2, reasons in the bbotd thread. Otay Kawn will like the ground and off a very low weight can run a good race. 16/1 worth a bet as well. Fionnegas would have been 3rd in the Albert Bartlett bar an unlucky unseat when running into the fallen Restless Harry. Drop back in trip and better ground should see him go close and at 13/2 VC is my final bet for today. All e/w.

Fionnegas would have been 3rd in the Albert Bartlett bar an unlucky unseat when running into the fallen Restless Harry
Or, it would have been a well beaten 4th if Harry wasnt hampered at the last?;) 455 Punch: Kangaroo Court 8/1 (lads bog) Favourite of mine and definitely havnt seen the best of this horse, very progressive last season and switching to fences hasnt exactly gone to plan this time round. Fell at the first last week when fancied and now sent here to gain some compensation, if his jumping can hold up he can win this, if it doesnt he wont get round so going for the win bet. 605 Reve De Sivola 5/2 (general) One of the best novices for me this season, second to Tell Massini, beat Restless Harry and second to Peddlars Cross were all cracking efforts and I have him a couple of pounds ahead of Fionnegas and Duke Of Lucca, price not that generous at the moment, expect a slight drift nearer off time.

Or' date=' it would have been a well beaten 4th if Harry wasnt hampered at the last?;)[/quote'] Yea, but he already fell while Fionnegas ran into him, because jockey didn't react quickly. Main thing here is drop back in trip and better ground, not that the eventual 3rd was anything great.

Milen' date=' as everybody knows, you are my hero (for now) ;) - but I've got a nagging suspicion you love Willie as much as RB does!!
Every yardstick is running a career best this week. Whatever the oposition, all mentioned have every chance and would quite possibly place if they won't win. Yard had so much troubles with coughing and weather, I think they have peaked at the right time. And I can gamble a little as well after winning quite a bit on Planet Of Sound :ok

Re: Punchestown - Friday 22nd April 5.30 Dunguib Lay TBP A few factors have going against this horse today, Firstly I can't see why he can be considered to take on the experienced horses when there has always been questions with regards to his jumping it shall need to have drastically improved. There is also the ground maybe being to quick. Dunguib Lay TBP 2.12 Betfair

Hi guys, Im having to go out and possibly won't be back til about 2pm ish (depending how quick the hospital appointment goes). Will post up my selections now, and prices taken and update with reasoning when I get back if thats ok... If not, then feel free to remove my selections and I will repost them again later. All bet365 and BOG 420 - Rock Diplomat 1pt EW @ 14/1 455 - Askthemaster 0.5pts EW @ 16/1 & Otay Kawn 1pt EW @ 12/1 530 - Hurricane Fly 3 pts WIN @ 10/3. Voler La Vedette 1pt EW @ 9/1, Thousand Stars 0/5pts EW @ 28/1 605 - Duke of Lucca 2pts WIN @ 9/2 640 - Arvika Liggenonnaire 4pts WIN @ 5/2 710 - High Benefit 2pts WIN @ 3/1 745 - Frisco Depot 1pt EW @ 6/1 Will definitely be back before first race for reasoning, but if anyone feels I am in breach of rules, then feel free to remove. Regards
Sorry guys, just back. Will post others in next post, just need to get this one done. 420 - Rock Diplomat 1pt EW @ 14/1 Ground far from perfect, but he does act on the ground, with a 4th place here off 7lbs higher on good ground. Loves it round Punchestown, unseated rider LTO here, but has numbers of 1443 round here, so we know he likes the track. Not without a chance.

All bet365 and BOG 455 - Askthemaster 0.5pts EW @ 16/1 & Otay Kawn 1pt EW @ 12/1 530 - Hurricane Fly 3 pts WIN @ 10/3. Voler La Vedette 1pt EW @ 9/1, Thousand Stars 0/5pts EW @ 28/1 605 - Duke of Lucca 2pts WIN @ 9/2 640 - Arvika Liggenonnaire 4pts WIN @ 5/2 710 - High Benefit 2pts WIN @ 3/1 745 - Frisco Depot 1pt EW @ 6/1
455 AsktheMaster 0.5pts EW @ 16/1 & Otay Kawn 1pt EW @ 12/1 Askthemaster has every chance of going close here at a very decent price. Won his first chase at the 5th time of asking, befor unseating rider next time out, when seemingly going ok. Runs well after some time off and has been off the track since december after a very good 5th in the Paddy power chase when he just didnt stay the distance. Weight carried and trip look ideal for me, for a big run today. Otay Kawn is the most interesting of the Mullins trio in the race for me here, due to the fact that he is the only one who will truly appreciate the drying ground, the others will prefer soft. Taking the chance that this dual hurdles winner can jump a clear round though, and I believe that chance is factored into the price, and happy to take the chance he will jump fine and go close. Very nice light weight. 530 Hurricane Fly 3pts WIN @ 10/3, Voler La Vedette 1pt EW @ 9/1, Thousand Stars 0/5pts EW @ 28/1 Hurricane Fly has to be respected, purely because at this stage of the season Willie should just be thinking about packing it up for the season and having another go next season. However, he has chosen to run his "star" hurdler here, as said to me earlier in the week, HF has to walk the walk eventually and I believe that despite the time off, today has to be the day for him doing just that. Ground will be fine and he should have a nice pace to come off come the end of the race. I do have at least one outsider I fancy to challenge though. Voler La Vedette, plenty chances taken here, but the 9/1 taken seems big (may be bigger now? havent checked, or had time to check). That run behind Quevega in the mares hurdle not looking too bad now, considering she didn't stay the trip. Will love this drop back in trip here, and shouldn't be too inconvenienced by the ground. Slammed Go Native earlier in season, and I expect her to be able to beat most of these today, and if she runs her own race, won't be far off. Thousand Stars, I have backed purely out of interest. Very very interesting entry into the race. Has some 5 stone to find, and even with Katie Walsh on board, it is unlikelyhe will find it, but if he can get close to the front group with 4 fourlongs to go, then he is a very good battler and could well spring a bit of a surprise.

Re: Punchestown - Friday 22nd April 6.05 Premier Victory place Paddy 9.50 In Cheltenham and Aintry made very bad mistakes at the second part of the race, which broke the balance. Now if get a clear jumping i am sure will be a place contender. On Irish soil the horse is 7 times placer from 8 hurdles starts :) 5 lbs lighter then the others.

All bet365 and BOG 605 - Duke of Lucca 2pts WIN @ 9/2 640 - Arvika Liggenonnaire 4pts WIN @ 5/2
605 - Duke of Lucca 2pts WIN @ 9/2 High class animal who really could be anything if continuing in the direction he is going. Career form figures read 211012, with the 0 on ground that was clearly far too soft and unsuitable for him. Won a nice race two starts ago, when beating Pistolet Noir, who since ran with great credit when finishing 3rd in a listed handicap behind Sir Harry Ormesher. On his last start he finished very close to the top class Peddlers Cross, and the suggestion is he may not face anything quite so good today. Distance looks perfect, as does the ground. 640 - Arvika Ligeonnaire - 4pts WIN @ 5/2 Very hard to ignore him, as he ran very well lto at Cheltenham, when seemingly given no chance whatsoever, which was reflectedin his price. Would prefer cut in the ground, but as proven LTO, he will act on better ground too, and if close by with 3 or 4 furlongs left, then I believe he has a good enough turn of foot, tokick on and win what doesn't look the greatest contest in the world. Pretty sound jumper on the whole too, and stable on fire.

710 - High Benefit 2pts WIN @ 3/1 745 - Frisco Depot 1pt EW @ 6/1
710 High Benefit 2pts WIN @ 3/1 Reckoned to be a potentially high class animal from the Alan King yard, who scored readily on debut at Haydock. Looked that day like she could improve still for better ground, and gets that today. Despite the fact that Kings yard has been out of form pretty much the entire season, it is unusual for him to saddle a horse in a bumper at this festival, and as such has to be respected. Form of her win isn't anything special thus far, but is better than the form of anything else in the race. If King is going to go places with this animal, he really needs her to win here. Expecting a big run. 745 Frisco Depot 1pt EW @ 6/1 Thought long and hard about Alle Garde, following the form of the Mullins yard, but the form of his 2nd on debut isn't really working out too well at all. The form of the selection's 2nd on debut however, has worked out very well. 1st in the race Caduceus, was a previous winner, has won subsequently and run 2nd behind Arvika Ligeonnaire, the 3rd has placed twice since, the 4th has won twice and placed since, and the 6th and 13th have also both placed in decent company since. He will appreciate the good ground, having run on gd/y on debut, and looked like he could improve for better ground. Should be good enough to go close to winning this race.

GWON THE FLY!!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy
It's game on for CH 2011. I doubt the winner will be different from the 1st 2 this year and the Fly. The rest are miles away from them. Just fingers crossed they all get there :hope

Milen' date=' as everybody knows, you are my hero (for now) ;) - but I've got a nagging suspicion you love Willie as much as RB does!!
Your custom name isn't by accident, my friend ;) P.S. Had a nibble on Avrika as well. How could I resist after a banker bet on Hurricane :loon

Re: Punchestown - Friday 22nd April That hurdle race was the only one from Punchestown I was interested in seeing and I missed it. Was Hurricane Fly impressive then? I'll catch highlights later on but I had this in my 10 to follow and think Mileni is right when he touts it as potential Champion Hurdle winner. Dunguib was a lay all day long on good ground - best form reads heavy and soft etc.

Re: Punchestown - Friday 22nd April Personal figures +19.13 points for the day, added to the +14.13 from days 1-3, leaves me +33.26pts overall for the festival so far. Delighted with that, considering the season behind me. :D Looking forward to tomorrow, as I won't stake anywhere near that, so have guaranteed an overall profit for this years festival. :ok

That hurdle race was the only one from Punchestown I was interested in seeing and I missed it. Was Hurricane Fly impressive then? I'll catch highlights later on but I had this in my 10 to follow and think Mileni is right when he touts it as potential Champion Hurdle winner. Dunguib was a lay all day long on good ground - best form reads heavy and soft etc.
Really impressive mate, travelled like a dreammped the hurdles quickly and fluently. Solwhit kicked for home, and stole a few lengths, Townend didnt panic, let The Fly get to within 2 lengths and then unleashed the horse. He absolutely flew, Solwhit fought back, and then Hurricane Fly found another gear close home and moved past. Fantastic race. One to really take out the race though was Thousand Stars!!!! What a run!!!

That hurdle race was the only one from Punchestown I was interested in seeing and I missed it. Was Hurricane Fly impressive then? I'll catch highlights later on but I had this in my 10 to follow and think Mileni is right when he touts it as potential Champion Hurdle winner. Dunguib was a lay all day long on good ground - best form reads heavy and soft etc.
I don't think I was far off with my antepost bet, just didn't have luck with his injury. Gonna be quite interesting next year. Just hoping they all get there. Binocular might not be that convincing if the ground is good to soft and not so quick as this year. We definitely have a race.