Poor Bet Amount?

moddi1

I showed this to my friend and he said i played this poorly? any advice? Pokerstars Game #43041171231: Hold'em No Limit ($2/$4 USD) - 2010/04/22 15:36:57 ET Table 'Zelima' 6-max Seat #1 is the button Seat 1: pobolero ($943 in chips) Seat 2: FastEddie267 ($400 in chips) Seat 3: hope floatz ($400 in chips) Seat 4: Shaitan87 ($521.45 in chips) Seat 5: ModzillaPL ($460.40 in chips) Seat 6: LK_Revolt ($482.60 in chips) FastEddie267: posts small blind $2 hope floatz: posts big blind $4 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to ModzillaPL [Qd Ks] Shaitan87: folds ModzillaPL: raises $6.75 to $10.75 LK_Revolt: calls $10.75 pobolero: folds FastEddie267: folds hope floatz: folds *** FLOP *** [Qh 5s 6h] ModzillaPL: checks LK_Revolt: bets $20 ModzillaPL: calls $20 *** TURN *** [Qh 5s 6h] [Qs] ModzillaPL: bets $4 LK_Revolt: raises $46 to $50 ModzillaPL: raises $138 to $188 LK_Revolt: raises $263.85 to $451.85 and is all-in ModzillaPL: calls $241.65 and is all-in Uncalled bet ($22.20) returned to LK_Revolt *** RIVER *** [Qh 5s 6h Qs] [Jd] *** SHOW DOWN *** ModzillaPL: shows [Qd Ks] (three of a kind, Queens) LK_Revolt: shows [Qc Jc] (a full house, Queens full of Jacks) LK_Revolt collected $923.80 from pot *** SUMMARY *** Total pot $926.80 | Rake $3 Board [Qh 5s 6h Qs Jd] Seat 1: pobolero (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 2: FastEddie267 (small blind) folded before Flop Seat 3: hope floatz (big blind) folded before Flop Seat 4: Shaitan87 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 5: ModzillaPL showed [Qd Ks] and lost with three of a kind, Queens Seat 6: LK_Revolt showed [Qc Jc] and won ($923.80) with a full house, Queens full of Jacks

Re: Poor Bet Amount? On the turn If i bet $4 into a pot of $50 .. im pretty much indicating to him im drawing.. as if i have 2 hearts... and i bet $4 because i want him to reraise me.. and BAM he did.. fking unlucky i think.. thought i played that well.... or you agree with my friend.. and i played this poorly

Re: Poor Bet Amount? Bet the flop - bet the turn - get all the money in - lose. You're right betting small on the turn looks weak which is good to induce the bluff. However, the reason people don't do it is because if you 3bet the turn it's then 100% certain you have at least 1 queen or a full house so you'll mostly only get the money in bad unless you've coolered the opponent with a slightly bigger hand. It's very hard in general to get people to totally air bluff in these spots so basically you're looking to get value from worse hands and there's a ton out there so just bet the life out of it and hope they level themselves into calling with worse.

Re: Poor Bet Amount? Thanks for your reply Nade. Since we both had 3 Queens, if bet 3/4 the pot.. he is still going to call or atleast reraise me? or maybe instead of raising to 188.. i should have just shoved all in so he wasnt so pot committed?

Re: Poor Bet Amount? He has position on you so he might choose to raise you only on the river, but he might still decide to raise on the turn if he decides that a good portion of your range includes flush and straight draws, though you would probably have played a flush draw more aggressively. It's also important to know what villain thinks of you but it seems to me like all the money was going in anyway.