Ten To Follow - Flat 2010 - The winner is ...........

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ten To Follow - Flat 2010

I agree and can't understand why she isn't. I kept looking for her, thinking I didn't know the alphabet. Anyone remember the days when you picked all ten horses yourself, completely your own choice with no restrictions ? (competition was in Pacemaker magazine).
Ah yes, remember it well. Used to do the 10 to follow in the Pacemaker. Had list featured in one, think it was Miesque's year. Still got some copies from the 80's.

Re: Ten To Follow - Flat 2010

Canford cliffs Kirklees Lessons in humility Main aim Mastery Special duty St Nicholas Abbey Steinbeck Xtension You'll be mine very hard again this year
changed my mind Music show instead of You'll be mine is that ok:ok

Re: Ten To Follow - Flat 2010 1191 - Sariska 1220 - Tartan Bearer 1156 - Our Jonathan 1107 - Jan Vermeer 1051 - Crowded House 1100 - High Standing 1209 - St Nicholas Abbey 1183 - Rip Van Winkle 1085 - Gan Amhras 1106 - J J The Jet Plane Good Luck Guy's :ok

Re: Ten To Follow - Flat 2010 - ENTRY CLOSES MIDDAY SATURDAY 1ST MAY!!

1018 Ask 1037 Canford Cliffs 1055 Dar Re Mi 1068 Elusive Pimpernel 1073 Fame And Glory 1092 Goldicova 1158 Paco Boy 1183 Rip Van Winkle 1198 Seta 1209 St Nicholas Abbey Plumped for Seta in the end. Will probably either wish I stayed with Music Show, or left the 1000 out altogether. Think Rumoush is the better filly. Backed both MS and R, so suppose I'll be a winner if any of those 3 are successful. Watch Special Duty win eased down now.;) Oh I am a pessimist.:sad

Re: Ten To Follow - Flat 2010 - ENTRY CLOSES MIDDAY SATURDAY 1ST MAY!! I got a PM earlier from Samba Sampa/Anita Kokinme but have not had chance to post it in here as I had to pick Fallon up from a kids party. Here is his entry: Goldikova Music Show Canford Cliffs Amour Propre Jan Vermeer Age Of Aquarius Rip Van Winkle Rumoush Workforce Paco Boy Diamond - late but I'll still accept it as none have run yet, no worries. :ok I'll get them all in a spreadsheet tonight.

Re: Ten To Follow - Flat 2010 - ENTRY CLOSES MIDDAY SATURDAY 1ST MAY!! Makfi is not in the competition Bowles. Does not say much for the Racing Post reducing the numbers. All it needs now is for Rumoush to win the 1000 and they've got the double up. Seemed to me writing up the list was done in a hurry. Far too many horses starting with "A", not enough towards the end of the alphabet. :unsure

Makfi is not in the competition Bowles. Does not say much for the Racing Post reducing the numbers. All it needs now is for Rumoush to win the 1000 and they've got the double up. Seemed to me writing up the list was done in a hurry. Far too many horses starting with "A", not enough towards the end of the alphabet. :unsure
lots of horses begin with A though Ginge and not many begin with WXYZ Oh well, so no one got the winner in the overall comp, thats good but quite a few will pick up 12pts for the 2nd place, id DT had won, the comp may have been over!

Re: Ten To Follow - Flat 2010 - ENTRY CLOSES MIDDAY SATURDAY 1ST MAY!! Key horses are missing every year and for the jumps too. How can they leave out Rite Of Passage when Dermond Weld said the horse is going for Group races on the flat now? The one who compiles the list is probably someone, who knows a lot about the sport, but I'd have a better list there and I'm sure most of us will compile a better one.

Re: Ten To Follow - Flat 2010 - ENTRY CLOSES MIDDAY SATURDAY 1ST MAY!! :lol It's the letters like "R" for Rumoush I was talking about, not the Z and X.;) Surprising they still have horses like Rainbow View and Orpen Grey in the competition, as they are unlikely to be seen over here again. The internet had Glass Harmonium down as Bin Suroor and Starspangledbanner as still Aussie trained.

I got a PM earlier from Samba Sampa/Anita Kokinme but have not had chance to post it in here as I had to pick Fallon up from a kids party. Here is his entry: Goldikova Music Show Canford Cliffs Amour Propre Jan Vermeer Age Of Aquarius Rip Van Winkle Rumoush Workforce Paco Boy Diamond - late but I'll still accept it as none have run yet, no worries. :ok I'll get them all in a spreadsheet tonight.
Anita picked Rumoush who isn't on the list, silly cow :sad Can I replace her with Seta as neither have run yet? Glad Ms. K's gone, useless she was!!!

Anita picked Rumoush who isn't on the list, silly cow :sad Can I replace her with Seta as neither have run yet? Glad Ms. K's gone, useless she was!!!
Yes, no worries. :ok

Re: Ten To Follow - Flat 2010 - ENTRY CLOSES MIDDAY SATURDAY 1ST MAY!! Thats the 1st big winner in the bag:nana, only saw it from a distance in the bookies after football, thought that Special Duty was going to go past and win by a 1L at least, i was surprised to see the final result!

Thats the 1st big winner in the bag:nana' date=' only saw it from a distance in the bookies after football, thought that Special Duty was going to go past and win by a 1L at least, i was surprised to see the final result![/quote'] I checked earlier, about 4 or 5 of you had that 1000 guineas winner, nice 25pts bonus for you. :ok

:lol It's the letters like "R" for Rumoush I was talking about, not the Z and X.;) Surprising they still have horses like Rainbow View and Orpen Grey in the competition, as they are unlikely to be seen over here again. The internet had Glass Harmonium down as Bin Suroor and Starspangledbanner as still Aussie trained.
Also all De Kocks runners are we likely to see many of them this year??

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Ten To Follow - Flat 2010 - ENTRY CLOSES MIDDAY SATURDAY 1ST MAY!! 1.mileni4uk Penitent Elusive Pimpernel St Nicholas Abbey Goldikova Rip Van Winkle Paco Boy 25 Kite Wood Special Duty 75 Fleeting Spirit Sariska 20 Total 120 2.skipperbenji Age Of Aquarius Ask Awzaan Fame And Glory 15 Rip Van Winkle Sariska 20 Special Duty 75 St Nicholas Abbey Steinbeck Timepiece Total 110 3.StuSimmy Alainmaar Alfred Nobel Arcano Buccellati Finjaan Lovelace Music Show Paco Boy 25 Special Duty 75 Taajub Total 100 4.Rebel St Nicholas Abbey Elusive Pimpernel Special Duty 75 Seta Music Show Steinbeck Siyouni Rosanara Awzaan Fame And Glory 15 Total 90 5.Lucky-15 St Nicholas Abbey Elusive Pimpernal Seta Special Duty 75 Chabal Timepiece Ask Hibaayeb Knot in Wood Tranquil Tiger Total 75 5.bowles10 Canford cliffs Kirklees Lessons in humility Main aim Mastery Special duty 75 St Nicholas Abbey Steinbeck Xtension Music Show Total 75 5.pete10 St Nicholas Abbey Borderlescott Harbinger 15 Strawberrydaiquiri 15 Sariska 20 Puff Rip Van Winkle Roman Empress Paco Boy 25 Viscount Nelson Total 75 8.chris34 Canford Cliffs Darley Sun Dar Re Mi Ialysos Paco Boy 25 Spanish Moon Strawberrydaiquiri 15 Xtension Rip Van Winkle Fame and Glory 15 Total 55 9.RB Borderlescott Canford Cliffs Elusive Pimpernel Fame and Glory 15 Goldikova Kingsgate Native Paco Boy 25 Pollenator Rip Van Winkle St. Nicholas Abbey Total 45 10.Gingertipster Ask Canford Cliffs Dar Re Mi Elusive Pimpernel Fame And Glory 15 Goldicova Paco Boy 25 Rip Van Winkle Seta St Nicholas Abbey Total 40 11.James West AKMAL JJ THE JET PLANE PACO BOY 25 PALAVICINI TARTAN BEARER RIP VAN WINKLE TAX FREE BORDER PATROL DICK TURPIN 12 ELUSIVE PIMPERNEL Total 37 12.diamond1924 Arcano Askar tau Canford Cliffs Darley Sun Fame and Glory 15 Elusive Pimpernel Seta Sariska 20 St Nicholas Abbey Rayeni Total 35 13.Samba Sampa Goldikova Music Show Canford Cliffs Amour Propre Jan Vermeer Age Of Aquarius Rip Van Winkle Rumoush Workforce Paco Boy 25 Total 25 13.AK1979 Geordieland Ask Zacinto Patkai Benbaun Paco Boy 25 Sir Nicholas Abbey Hibaayeb Mamlook(not on list) Knot in Wood Total 25 13.ksportz Borderlescott Crime Scene Frozen Fire Mister Manannan Paco Boy 25 Pollenator Pressing Rip Van Winkle St. Nicholas Abbey Shaweel Total 25 13.alexmac Fencing Master St Nicholas Abbey Music Show Elusive Pimpernel Timepiece Rip Van Winkel Dar Re Mi Paco Boy 25 Goldikova Borderlescott Total 25 13.goosemand Awzaan Borderlescott Cavalryman Darley Sun Dar Re Mi Goldikova Music Show Paco Boy 25 Pollenator St Nicolas Abbey Total 25 18.philss_99 Sariska 20 Tartan Bearer Our Jonathan Jan Vermeer Crowded House High Standing St Nicholas Abbey Rip Van Winkle Gan Amhras J J The Jet Plane Total 20 18.mowgli77 Ask Crystal Capella Dar Re Mi Fencing Master Goldikova Music Show Rip Van Winkle Sariska 20 St Nicholas Abbey Steinbeck Total 20 20.Jonesy Knows St Nicholas Abbey Jan Vermeer Steinbeck Fame And Glory 15 Rip Van Winkle Awzaan Dar Re Mi High Heeled Rayeni Timepiece Total 15 21.Lars Al Zir Alainmaar 10 Elusive Pimpernel Father Time Laaheb Lillie Langtry Overdose Seta St Nicholas Abbey Workforce Total 10 21.runadrum Alainmaar 10 Awzaan Fleeting Spirit Goldikova Habaayib Lady Darshaan Mawatheeq Music Show Overdose St Nicholas Abbey Total 10 23.BH Midday St Nicholas Abbey Timepiece Awzaan Rip Van Winkle Jan Vermeer Steinbeck Fencing Master Ask Delegator 23.fintron borderlescott al zir awzaan firebet fencing master darley sun whispering gallery st nicholas abbey rip van winkle seta 23.kevsul Askar Tau Geordieland Goldikova Tranquil Tiger Elusive Pimpernel St Nicholas Abbey Hibaayed Pollenator Rip Van Winkle Borderslescott I've got 2 on 135. That's 2 1000gns decided in the steward's room to the same horse.

Runadrum

Fintron

AK1979

Mileni4uk

Bowles10

Alainmaar

Al Zir

Ask

Elusive Pimpernel

Canford Cliffs

Awzaan

Awzaan

Benbaun

Fleeting Spirit

Kirklees

Fleeting Spirit

Borderlescott

Geordieland

Goldikova

Lessons In Humility

Goldikova

Darley Sun

Hibaayeb

Kite Wood

Main Aim

Habaayib

Fencing Master

Knot In Wood

Paco Boy

Mastery

Lady Darshaan

Firebet

Mamlook

Penitent

Music Show

Mawatheeq

Rip Van Winkle

Paco Boy

Rip Van Winkle

Special Duty

Music Show

Seta

Patkai

Sariska

St Nicholas Abbey

Overdose

St Nicholas Abbey

St Nicholas Abbey

Special Duty

Steinbeck

St Nicholas Abbey

Whispering Gallery

Zacinto

St Nicholas Abbey

Xtension

Bonus 1

Bonus 1

Bonus 1

Bonus 1

Bonus 1

Bonus 2

Bonus 2

Bonus 2

Bonus 2

Bonus 2

Total

Total

Total

Total

Total

StuSimmy

Rebel

James West

Mowgli77

BH

Alainmaar

Awzaan

Akmal

Ask

Ask

Alfred Nobel

Elusive Pimpernel

Border Patrol

Crystal Capella

Awzaan

Arcano

Fame and Glory

Dick Turpin

Dar Re Mi

Delegator

Buccelaati

Music Show

Elusive Pimpernel

Fencing Master

Fencing Master

Finjaan

Rosanara

JJ The Jet Plane

Goldikova

Jan Vermeer

Lovelace

Seta

Paco Boy

Music Show

Midday

Music Show

Siyouni

Palavicini

Rip Van Winkle

Rip Van Winkle

Paco Boy

Special Duty

Rip Van Winkle

Sariska

St Nicholas Abbey

Special Duty

St Nicholas Abbey

Tartan Bearer

St Nicholas Abbey

Steinbeck

Taajub

Steinbeck

Tax Free

Steinbeck

Timepiece

Bonus 1

Bonus 1

Bonus 1

Bonus 1

Bonus 1

Bonus 2

Bonus 2

Bonus 2

Bonus 2

Bonus 2

Total

Total

Total

Total

Total

Jonesy Knows

Skipperbenji

RB

Ksportz

Lucky-15

Awzaan

Age Of Aquarius

Borderlescott

Borderlescott

Ask

Dar Re Mi

Ask

Canford Cliffs

Crime Scene

Chabal

Fame and Glory

Awzaan

Elusive Pimpernel

Frozen Fire

Elusive Pimpernel

High Heeled

Fame and Glory

Fame and Glory

Mister Manannan

Hibaayeb

Jan Vermeer

Rip Van Winkle

Goldikova

Paco Boy

Knot In Wood

Rayeni

Sariska

Kingsgate Native

Pollenator

Seta

Rip Van Winkle

Special Duty

Paco Boy

Pressing

Special Duty

St Nicholas Abbey

St Nicholas Abbey

Pollenator

Rip Van Winkle

St Nicholas Abbey

Steinbeck

Steinbeck

Rip Van Winkle

Shaweel

Timepiece

Timepiece

Timepiece

St Nicholas Abbey

St Nicholas Abbey

Tranquil Tiger

Bonus 1

Bonus 1

Bonus 1

Bonus 1

Bonus 1

Bonus 2

Bonus 2

Bonus 2

Bonus 2

Bonus 2

Total

Total

Total

Total

Total

Alexmac

Chris34

Kevsul

Lars

Goosemand

Borderlescott

Canford Cliffs

Askar Tau

Al Zir

Awzaan

Dar Re Mi

Dar Re Mi

Borderlescott

Alainmaar

Borderlescott

Elusive Pimpernel

Darley Sun

Elusive Pimpernel

Elusive Pimpernel

Cavalryman

Fencing Master

Fame and Glory

Geordieland

Father Time

Dar Re Mi

Goldikova

Ialysos

Goldikova

Laaheb

Darley Sun

Music Show

Paco Boy

Hibaayeb

Lillie Langtry

Goldikova

Paco Boy

Rip Van Winkle

Pollenator

Overdose

Music Show

Rip Van Winkle

Spanish Moon

Rip Van Winkle

Seta

Paco Boy

St Nicholas Abbey

Strawberrydaiquiri

St Nicholas Abbey

St Nicholas Abbey

Pollenator

Timepiece

Xtension

Tranquil Tiger

Workforce

St Nicholas Abbey

Bonus 1

Bonus 1

Bonus 1

Bonus 1

Bonus 1

Bonus 2

Bonus 2

Bonus 2

Bonus 2

Bonus 2

Total

Total

Total

Total

Total

Phils99

Pete10

Gingertipster

Diamond1924

Samba Sampa

Crowded House

Borderlescott

Ask

Arcano

Age Of Aquarius

Gan Amhras

Harbinger

Canford Cliffs

Askar Tau

Armour Propre

High Standing

Paco Boy

Dar Re Mi

Canford Cliffs

Canford Cliffs

Jan Vermeer

Puff

Elusive Pimpernel

Darley Sun

Goldikova

JJ The Jet Plane

Rip Van Winkle

Fame and Glory

Elusive Pimpernel

Jan Vermeer

Our Jonathan

Roman Empress

Goldikova

Fame and Glory

Music Show

Rip Van Winkle

Sariska

Paco Boy

Rayeni

Paco Boy

Sariska

St Nicholas Abbey

Rip Van Winkle

Sariska

Rip Van Winkle

St Nicholas Abbey

Strawberrydaiquiri

Seta

Seta

Seta

Tartan Bearer

Viscount Nelson

St Nicholas Abbey

St Nicholas Abbey

Workforce

Bonus 1

Bonus 1

Bonus 1

Bonus 1

Bonus 1

Bonus 2

Bonus 2

Bonus 2

Bonus 2

Bonus 2

Total

Total

Total

Total

Total

Not much point in a leaderboard at the moment, scores are updated as of today and includes Special Duty's win from yesterday. I'm starting to regret not picking Paco Boy. :wall More group races this weekend and expect a few more O'Brien horses to score some valuable points over the weekend. Thanks for the update Bloggie, you should have signed up earlier and joined in with us. :ok