Ladbrokes hatred!

This has probably been mentioned in total anger prior to me banging on about it now, but I'll say it anyway. I couldn't get on the internet to place a bet on the National on Saturday, so I popped to the local bookmaker (Ladbrokes). In 2009 I picked up Mon Mome on the Tote at about 151. On Saturday I went in there looking for something similar at a biggish price. I was pretty disgusted to find they had completely abandoned the Tote price section on their screens in favour of a "£10 bet pays" section. For example for Don't Push It "£10 bet pays £110" etc. It's annoying on so many levels, because anybody with half a brain should realise how much a £10 bet pays on a 10/1 horse, or 12/1, 14/1, 16/1 etc. And if (for whatever reason) somebody is in doubt, ask an employee. It's not like I can go up to an employee and say "excuse me, I need the exact Tote price for every single horse running in the Grand National." He would probably laugh his head off.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.