Snooker: World Championships 2010

The final event of the season gets underway in just under a weeks time at Sheffield sponsored by Betfred who are standout on most prices. Outright odds (best prices): R.O'Sullivan 4/1 Betfred J.Higgins 11/2 Betfred M.Selby 17/2 Betfred Ding 9/1 Stan James N.Robertson 12/1 Betfred S.Murphy 14/1 Boylesports S.Maguire 16/1 365 M.Williams 16/1 Betfred M.Allen 20/1 Betfred 33/1 bar Opening matches:

Saturday 17 April 2010Player 1 Player 2BPP
maximize.gifHiggins, J v Hawkins, B (10:00 BST) 1.2 5.55 101.35 %
maximize.gifAllen, M v Ford, T (10:00 BST) 1.29 4.33 100.60 %
maximize.gifPerry, J v Holt, M (14:30 BST) 1.69 2.37 101.28 %
maximize.gifHendry, S v Anda, Z (14:30 BST) 1.3 4.33 100.00 %
maximize.gifSelby, M v Doherty, K (19:00 BST) 1.37 3.75 99.66 %
Sunday 18 April 2010Player 1 Player 2BPP
maximize.gifFu, M v Gould, M (10:00 BST) 1.48 3 100.90 %
maximize.gifCarter, A v Cope, J (14:30 BST) 1.73 2.26 102.05 %
Monday 19 April 2010Player 1 Player 2BPP
maximize.gifWilliams, M v Campbell, M (10:00 BST) 1.18 5.5 102.93 %
maximize.gifO'Sullivan, R v Wenbo, L (14:30 BST) 1.25 5.2 99.23 %
maximize.gifKing, M v Davis, S (19:00 BST) 1.53 2.87 100.00 %
Tuesday 20 April 2010Player 1 Player 2BPP
maximize.gifDing, Junhui v Pettman, S (10:00 BST) 1.14 7 102.01 %
maximize.gifDay, R v Davis, M (10:00 BST) 1.36 3.75 100.00 %
maximize.gifRobertson, N v O'Brien, F (14:30 BST) 1.2 5 103.33 %
maximize.gifEbdon, P v Dott, G (19:00 BST) 1.72 2.25 102.34 %
Wednesday 21 April 2010Player 1 Player 2BPP
maximize.gifMaguire, S v Lee, S (14:30 BST) 1.34 4.1 99.02 %
maximize.gifMurphy, S v Greene, G (19:00 BST) 1.24 6 97.31 %

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: World Championships 2010 Posts from other thread......

You can get 14/1 on Murphy at Betfair, quite a difference. ;) Here is the 1st Round draw with the Championship running from 17th April - 3rd May, if anyone knows the bracket for the draw it would be helpful. :ok I love the World Championships and will have more to say closer to the time but as usual, much will depend on which Ronnie turns up to play this year because if he can stay motivated and find the form we all know he's capable of it's difficult to look past him - but if the "I don't care so much" Ronnie turns up he could be sent on his bike in the 1st round because Liang Wenbo has the potential to make it uncomfortable, not the best draw for Ronnie in R1. John Higgins, he just know's how to prepare for the two week's and is most likely to stay consistent throughout because his game is made for the long session's required, never easy to beat. My early pick outside of Ronnie is Mark Selby, more experienced and getting better and better, will be full of confidence still after that epic Masters final back in January and well worth an early punt at 9/1 you can get on Betfair. :hope
Just had a quick glance at the markets on Paddy Power (so dont know if there is a bigger price elsewhere) and Mark Allen looks decent value at 3.25 to win his quarter. His biggest challenger looks to be Maguire, who im not fully convinced by when it comes to winning matches comfortably that he is expected to win. However, Allen has shown over the past year or so that he can mix it with anyone and it wont be long before he wins one of the bigger tournaments.
For me, Ronnie has it all do from his draw. First up in Liang Wenbo then probably followed by in form Mark Williams, if he gets through that, he then has a quater-final against probably Mark Selby so there are reasons to oppose at 4/1. 3pts e/w J.Higgins to win World Championships @ 11/2 Betfred (2, 1/2) We all know how good John is in the longer format, winning this title three times, two out of last three. The draw has been kind to him, with Barry Hawkins up first followed by either Mark King or Steve Davis. It starts getting interesting for John in the quaters bar any major upset in the first two matches, he'll likely face Neil Robertson who I really rate as a player, on his day can beat anyone. To win the World Championships you're going to have to beat players like this and of course Higgins is more than capable. If he reaches the Semi's not sure who he'll meet, I think the 2nd quater is quite a tight one with Ding, Carter, Murphy & Cope. My main reason for taking this bet is it looks a breeze to the Quater-finals, he holds a good record here recently and I'm sure still hungry for more success. 1pt e/w R.Day to win World Championships @ 40/1 Paddy Power (2, 1/2) 2pts R.Day to win 3rd Quater @ 5/1 Betfred I don't particulary rate Ryan Day as one of the best so a bit surprising I'm taking him for the outright, he is however ranked 6th best in the world for what its worth. I think the draw has been fairly kind, first up in Mark Davis who he ought to be getting past, then it starts to get a bit tricky with a likely 2nd round match v Mark Allen who I really rate but Day is double his price. If he can get past Allen, then he'll probably be facing Maguire who I think as times is questionable, Maguire would be strong favourite, but I wouldn't want to be taking him. Of course, we'd be on at 5/1 to beat him for the quater bet, so we'd have the value. If he can get past them Quaters then who knows, we'd be on at nice prices anyway. Basically I think there is a good chance he'll get through rounds one and two, therefore giving us value for the remaining rounds should he keep getting through.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.