Nottingham 7th April

1.50 Nottingham Crystal feather shaped well for a long way in a 10f amateur handicap at doncaster last week drop back in trip and a run under her belt she should shape better and certainly gave the idea she could handle conditions. 0.25pt e/w crystal feather 3.50 Nottingham Opinion Poll looks a little bit above most of these not only on rating but also potential ability having landed a valuable handicap on last start last year over 12f step up in 14f didnt ought to cause much trouble and will apreciate the cut in the ground and Detori has ridden him a couple of times. 1pt win opinion poll 7/4 pp 4.20 Nottingham Blue Spinnaker found himself on a tasty mark at Doncaster last week and was well backed and won with ease and a 6lb penalty doesnt look hard to overcome and is still well in on old form and will love the soft ground available today and the penalty is offset by useful claimer everything looks to fall right. 1pt win blue spinnaker

Re: Nottingham 7th April 3.50 This is going to revolve around the trip and who can step up to 14f from middle distance. On soft ground, we are potentially swaying towards a horse that can get even further. Drill Sargent has been highly tried during its career running in decent class races but when running over further than 1f, has figures of 360024. It has never won in this class but did win 1st time up as a 3yo. Halla San is an out and out stayer and has form over hurdles also, was 3rd in the Chester cup last seasn and no doubt will target that race again. Has won over 14f & 16f however not in this class nor on ground as soft. Raincoat actually won over 12f in a class 1 event in April 2 years ago meeting a rating of 109, has since changed stables and tried hurdling, would be a force on old flat form but shown nothing over hurdles for new connections and changed stables again now. Shipmaster did achieve a rating of 101 when winning at Ascot in Apr 08, the fact it hasnt ran for 700 days puts me off. Swingkeel is a 2m horse in my opinion but would need to improve about 12-15lbs from best winning mark to take this race. Tastahil ran 3rd over 2m behind Geordieland at Sandown last may and was then placed in a Grp 3 race at Newbury which proves stamina and goes well on a soft surface. Now 6yo, doesnt have to improve to beat these after posting a win off 105 last year. Carmac has no form listed and priced at 100/1, so not on my radar here. Montaff will like the ground and 5.5L behind Harbinger at Goodwood is good form but visor not on today after wearing it last 5 runs. Opinion Poll is only 4yo so improvement expected now with a step up in distance. Has won on heavy ground but i wonder if the 3lb is enough from Tastahil to beat it over a trip unknown. Deprtment could be worth a place at decent odds over a trip it is bred to stay. Moved up in class and trainers horses are normally well backed if fancied. Tastahil is my selection to bt Opinion Poll and Drill Sargent. Slight worry is the Trainer form as he often makes a flying start to the season. Dettori gets on well with Opinion Poll but for me it has to improve a great deal to beat Tastahil if it runs to normal form. The odds are n Opinion Poll's favour as its price is the only 1 shortening on the book, but 6/4 looks too short. Bets Tastahil 5pts win @ 11/4 Bet365 Drill Sargent 1pt win @ 5/1 Bet365 Take all 3 in a small straight tricast 0.5pts Opinion Poll Tastahil Drill Sargent

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.