bad players and the deterioration of poker in last year

shogun25

i try to play poker when im on any of my sites or any stakes tourneys but im finding raising ,4 5, 6 times big blind, your getting called by donkeys with any 2 cards ,and their hitting more often than not ,its getting to stage where im having to go all in pre flop with optimum hands .and you end up looking like the donk,ill give it a few more months ,or until i find a site where people can play ,ild say betfair probably has highest standard of play ,pokerstars lowest ,dont know if any one else has noticed this ???

Re: bad players and the deterioration of poker in last year Just imagine how much money you'd all make if you only faced world class players with no leaks (or just intermediate players with small leaks) - rather than all these huge donkeys with massive leaks to their game!! :unsure

Re: bad players and the deterioration of poker in last year

Just imagine how much money you'd all make if you only faced world class players with no leaks (or just intermediate players with small leaks) - rather than all these huge donkeys with massive leaks to their game!! :unsure
thats not what i mean gaf it just gets a bit annoying especialy on stars the amount of donkeys that get lucky, i know you want to play donkeys but on stars they win to much

Re: bad players and the deterioration of poker in last year I'm with you Gaf. It's taken me some time but I love being done by 2 outers. I make a little note and I am fairly certain that in the long run that player is buying me beers! Of course I play almost exclusively cash so its a bit easier to do that. One of the reasons I don't play tourneys is that I cant handle playing for 4 hours and being donked by 95os after a 3x preflop raise. It used to send me on tilt and I'd blow money at cash. Now I just play cash and I find I really dont mind the bad beats.

I'm with you Gaf. It's taken me some time but I love being done by 2 outers. I make a little note and I am fairly certain that in the long run that player is buying me beers! Of course I play almost exclusively cash so its a bit easier to do that. One of the reasons I don't play tourneys is that I cant handle playing for 4 hours and being donked by 95os after a 3x preflop raise. It used to send me on tilt and I'd blow money at cash. Now I just play cash and I find I really dont mind the bad beats.
for me its just stars i agree you want them calling you with 9 5 off i will take the beat because next time i will win but at the moment stars is awful. some sessions you sit and know you just will not win and no its not fixed its just not for me at the moment

thats not what i mean gaf it just gets a bit annoying especialy on stars the amount of donkeys that get lucky' date=' i know you want to play donkeys but on stars they win to much[/quote'] I'm afraid Luck (good or bad) doesn't exist in poker. Those players making bad decision dont get lucky, they lose their money - there aren't lucky and profitable, bad players! They just dont exist. What you misinterpret as "luck" is just short term variance - it doesnt matter what happens in the short term, in this particular hand, or this particular tournament, or this particular day, this particular month, even this particular year - because ultimately the bad players will lose their money to the good players. The cards have no memory - because you are outdrawn once, it has no bearing on the likelihood of you being outdrawn again in the next hand(s) - the odds are consistant - you're as likely to win future hands after being outdrawn as you were before being outdrawn - the only way you are more likely to lose is if the emotional impact of the outdraw has impacted your game (tilt) - in which case you are no longer "getting unlucky", you are just playing badly (that's a general comment - not directed at anyone in particular). My general experiance (and expectation) is that dedicated poker sites/networks like Pokerstars and Full Tilt will have a significantly higher standard of play than sites where poker is a side offering such as Betfair, Ladbrokes, William Hill etc. That has been my previous experience, though I confess I havent played and contrasted these sites much recently.

I'm afraid Luck (good or bad) doesn't exist in poker. Those players making bad decision dont get lucky, they lose their money - there aren't lucky and profitable, bad players! They just dont exist. What you misinterpret as "luck" is just short term variance - it doesnt matter what happens in the short term, in this particular hand, or this particular tournament, or this particular day, this particular month, even this particular year - because ultimately the bad players will lose their money to the good players. The cards have no memory - because you are outdrawn once, it has no bearing on the likelihood of you being outdrawn again in the next hand(s) - the odds are consistant - you're as likely to win future hands after being outdrawn as you were before being outdrawn - the only way you are more likely to lose is if the emotional impact of the outdraw has impacted your game (tilt) - in which case you are no longer "getting unlucky", you are just playing badly (that's a general comment - not directed at anyone in particular). quote] gaf im not arguing about any of the above but there is luck in poker it may only be short term but there is definately good or bad luck poker is not a black and white science. you ask any pro player that goes deep in the main event they will need to get '' lucky'' on more than occasion you are definately a lot better player than me , i do it for fun not the money i am just saying that lately on stars i may go in a huge favourite and nearly always lose to a miracle river and its time not to play there for a while

I'm afraid Luck (good or bad) doesn't exist in poker.
I refer the right honourable gentleman to something he said in the 'Every Hand Revealed' thread for my betfair win last summer ;)
I'm not saying you were overly lucky - but everyone needs some "luck" to win a tourney) - it's good that you never got the money in behind - however your 65% shot holding up 3 times is quite a bit luckier than your 35% shot winning once.

Re: bad players and the deterioration of poker in last year :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Lies Lies lIes :tongue2 Seriously though, "luck" (Short term variance acting in your favour) is necessary to win an individual poker tournament, however luck doesnt exist when talking of your poker career, or whether you're a winning or losing player. If you're talking about players getting lucky against you, then the solution isn't to wear your lucky socks, it's to get out of the short run. Can I get away with that? :tongue2 Winning one hand/tournament doesn't make you a winning player. Losing 100 hands/100 tournaments doesn't make you a losing player. You just need to keep playing good poker, and you will prevail against bad players, regardless of how "lucky" they get against you. I think that's the crux of what I'm trying to get to.