Newbury Sat 27th March

The going is only going to get worse here so all distances will take some getting The 3m2f chase has caught my eye @ 2.45 DOM 'D'ORGEVAL is back with Nick Williams after a few years with David Pipe. It has decent form in class 1 and 2 races so my main priority was to see if it stays the 3m 2f distance on soft ground. It has raced 11 times on soft or heavy finishing 11723PP111P so 5 wins in 11 races really stands out for me. The wins were over 16f (x2), 19f (x2), 20f, 25f. Runs over further have resulted in figures of 7PP but interestingly enough 2 of these were 1st time up for the season and the other one was 2nd time up. Looking at its record the horse has won on its 3rd start (2004), 4th start (2005), 2nd start (2007) so i am not concerned by those figures at all as the horse always needs a run or 2 before winning. 4 of the horses wins came within 3-4 weeks of a recent run so the 3rd place round here over course and distance will have the horse spot on hopefully in this staying test. That day, the horse ran well to the 12th then made a few blunders under pressure so hopefully his jumping will stand up. The horse has never fallen in 35 races so again i am happy that he will get round. awaiting the prices....

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.