Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April

Thinking tomorrow............ Baghdatis vs Chela.......will check Baghy 2-0 and handicap to see if any value. Chela was horrible against Lorenzi so Baghy should take care of him. His serving was awful....Lorenzi only took 4/18 break points and the Italian is a clay courter with soft shots. Baghy should kill him. Will see if any value there. Lopez vs Berrer.....Lacko had enough chances to down Berrer. Lopez is one of my least favourite players though. Not sure about this one. I can see Lopez winning, conditions not great for Berrer. Nadia vs Hantuchova........edge for Petrova. Hantuchova never does well in Miami. 4-1 h2h in favour of Petrova with her wins coming on hard. Both were relatively comfortable in first round bar slight choke at the end of the set.
Completely agree on Baghdatis vs Chela. It all depends on the handicap, as the odds will be very skinny on Baghdatis outright. Not sure about Lopez-Berrer. It's a game I'd leave alone. Two lefties, need to see how they get on against the same sex, if you get my drift. Berrer was poor yesterday but he pulled through.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April just watched JOHN ISNER wt a dreadful perfrmnce, won bth of his set on tie breaks, didnt break RUSSEL once if it wasnt for the 29 aces he got he wud ave been finished in 2 sets im shocked at isner, bt none the less iv backed him 8 times and all 8 hes come a winner, not going to back him in the next round thats for sure loll

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Robredo almost ruined my multi. The guy was cruising a set and choked at 2-0 up to lose the 2nd 3rd set he was 0-3 down. Managed to get back on serve but then lost his serve straight away. Managed to claw it back to 4-4 with Marchenko serving. That game at 4-4 in the 3rd must have lasted at least 15 minutes, many many times it went to deuce but Robredo broke and had a comfortable service game to win the set 6-4 and the match winning me 400 for my 5-1 multi Cool story bro :lol

Robredo almost ruined my multi. The guy was cruising a set and choked at 2-0 up to lose the 2nd 3rd set he was 0-3 down. Managed to get back on serve but then lost his serve straight away. Managed to claw it back to 4-4 with Marchenko serving. That game at 4-4 in the 3rd must have lasted at least 15 minutes, many many times it went to deuce but Robredo broke and had a comfortable service game to win the set 6-4 and the match winning me 400 for my 5-1 multi Cool story bro :lol
poor stuff from illya,had picked him to win this and went to sleep.when i saw the score i thought "expected" but when i read this...guess his mighty serve couldn't last that crucial game:cow

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Quite a few matches catch my eye today... Fernando Gonzalez vs Yen-Hsun Lu Gonzalez -3.5 games AH at 1.847 (Pinnacle) Can't see past the Chilean here to be honest. Lu had an almighty battle with Fabio Fognini in R1 in a match he could've easily lost. The Korean struggled on his serve and Gonzalez will take advantage of any slack play. They met two years ago and Lu took a set off Gonzalez but I feel Lu is a shadow of the player he was in 2008, when he beat Andy Murray at the Olympics. Gonzalez is coming on to the hardcourts after a slight absence (did some fundraising work for Haiti last week) but I fully expect him to hit the ground running here. His beastly forehand will be too much for Lu. Bet strength: 7/10 Marcos Baghdatis vs Juan Ignacio Chela Baghdatis -4.5 games AH at 1.855 (Pinnacle) Touched upon this yesterday regarding how poorly Chela is playing at the minute. Even though the Argentine leads the H2H 2-1, those two wins were back in 2005 when Chela was in his pomp. Now, he struggles to beat even guys like Paolo Lorenzi. Baghdatis is a far different level and a player who is high in form and confidence. His win over Roger Federer will have given him belief he can make inroads into tournaments. As it's a big handicap, I wouldn't recommend going hell for leather, but he's worth a play. I can see a 6-2 6-2 kind of scoreline Bet strength: 5/10 Thiemo de Bakker vs Tomas Berdych Berdych -4 games AH at 1.971 (Pinnacle) Berdych's on fire at the moment on the hard courts. He blew away Viktor Troicki and Fernando Verdasco in Indian Wells and has all the weapons to completely dominate opponents on this surface. De Bakker's a player who is fairly limited in terms of ability. He's definitely more comfortably on the clay and that's why I think he might struggle here. The Czech has a history of beinf fairly ropey mentally against lower ranked players but in the last few weeks I've seen him really start to focus. De Bakker pushed aside Rajeev Ram routinely in R1 but Berdych's ten times better than the American. Bet strength: 5/10 Santiago Giraldo vs Mikhail Youzhny Giraldo +4 games AH at 1.87 (Pinnacle) Not convinced Giraldo should be quite as big on the handicap. Youzhny may be playing well (got to the final of Dubai) but there are questions over his fitness and never seems to really batter players in matches. His serve can be brittle and that's where Giraldo may have a chance. The Colombian is in the best form of his career at present, reaching the Sunrise Challenger final last week and performing impressively on the slower hard courts all season. They met last year in Cincinnatti qualifying and Giraldo took it to a final set tie-break. Both players have kicked on since then. Youzhny won't have it all his own way here. Bet strength: 4/10 Stanislas Wawrinka vs Kevin Anderson Over 22.5 games AH at 2.01 (Pinnacle) This is Wawrinka's first match back on tour for a while after the birth of his child (I believe that's why he's been off for so long, no reports of injury). The Swiss is far better on the clay and he has a tricky R2 opponent in Anderson, who has a big serve and has come through the quallies with ease. That'll allow him to keep this relatively close. Wawrinka has way more ability but he has a knack of making hard work of lower ranked opponents. The line is fairly low for an overs with a big server on board so I think it's worth a small risk here. Bet strength: 3/10 I also thought about Philipp Petzschner, who is 2.10 generally to beat Janko Tipsarevic, but I still have concerns over the German on a slower hard court, especially against a tough adversary like Tipsarevic. If anyone wants to persuade me though, I may bite :lol Good luck :ok

Sport Tennis
Event Yanina Wickmayer vs. Petra Martic
Selection Martic
Strength 10/10
Date 27/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.93 (Back)
Reasoning These two players have played already this season at Paris where Petra Martic was the winner in the end. Then both players impressed a lot and it was not about Wickmayer's erorrs as about Martic's really great tennis. So, bookies offer again these high odds on Martic while this game could be again just one very closed. Martic is still a underrated player as she didn't had enough time to prove her real level, Wickmayer is on a better rating position right now and there are no doubts that she is the favourite for this one as she possess more experience but it is only about experience as from the class point of view the difference is really not meaningful here. Both players look in good form in this tournament and I can't see any advantage or disadvantage from this point of view, the only and the most important fact here is that Martic can compete from the class point of view against Wickmayer and not only, she has proved that many times already, so IMO her chacnes should much higher than these odds suggest. Martic already won against Wickmayer recently, so she should go with confidence for this one. Good Luck!

just watched JOHN ISNER wt a dreadful perfrmnce, won bth of his set on tie breaks, didnt break RUSSEL once if it wasnt for the 29 aces he got he wud ave been finished in 2 sets im shocked at isner, bt none the less iv backed him 8 times and all 8 hes come a winner, not going to back him in the next round thats for sure loll
Had Isner aswell mate. He was horrible, Russell had bettter stats in nearly every department. But his tie-break record is great...it's no coincidence imo, guy has great mental strength. He's basically Karlovic with better groundstrokes and mental strength.

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April igor sisjling to beat jan minar at 4-6 paddypower 2 points! sijsling is a player with a lot of potential and has been in decent form of late! last week he got to the final of an f4 in britian (indoors like this week) he beat the likes of lemke,cpkovic and bautista before losing to andrej martin in a final set breaker! he also got to second round of the atp event in rotterdam coming through qualifying and beating zverev before losing 7-6,6-2 to soderling which is no disgrace! his losses of late have generally been against the higher class of challenger players (mahut and bogdanovic) though he did have a poor start to the season! i'm actually most impressed with his results this week......he beat muller,kamke and bubka in straight sets(WAsa steal to beat bubka in particular at 4-6)! he has a big serve and solid strokes and is mentally quite strong and his game is perfectly suited to indoors!! minar on the other hand has been around a long time now and he's never really threatened to take his game to the next level!! this week he looks to be in very good form comfortably beating nielson,deheart and bautista so i am a bit weary of those results......however those playerrs aren't quite as good as muller or kamke who sijsling beat!! minar can't have just become a class player overnight......he has posted losses to sirianni,brown,yang,lammer,jouan and roger-vasselin this year already and silsling is a step up from all those guys except maybe roger-vasselin!!i fancy a confident sijsling to prove his potential and class in this one!

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April simone bollelli to beat blaz kavcic at 8-11 paddypowers 1 point!! i feel its finally time to back bollelli again after whats been a horrible run of results for him in 2010 so far!! he's just has a nightmare losing to players he never should be losing to (menendez,recourdec) as well as not winning any match on the atp circuit! however,this week he seems to have re-gained his mojo! he's beaten the dangerous and pwerful zemlja, the in form trevisan in a tight one and most impressively blaz kavcic who's also been in good form!! i like the fact that he had to battle through some of these matches which shows a re-newed form of mental strength and motivation.....these guys are pretty decent challenger players!! at his best,most motivated and confident bolleli is a force to be reckoned with and a pretty good match player.....he's beating the likes of davydenko,berdych,mathieu and gonzalez and he has bags of talent....his one-handed backhand is a lovely shot when he's on form.......though that was the shot he was struggling most with when i saw him against recourdec! however, his results this week have been very encouraging and pere riba i feel is a bit over-rated anyway! he hammered niemenen yesterday but i would strongly believe that had more to do with niemenen feeling fatigue or having an off-day than riba playing incrtedible tennis.....niemenen has after all played a lot of matches recently! riba has posted losses to the likes of ouahab, machado, haase and recourdec aswell and he is no world beater!! if bolleli can continue on with his improvement.....he's simply a class above riba and should be good enough to win this one!

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventIlhan - Monaco
SelectionIlhan (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date27/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.75 (Lay)
ReasoningIlhan had lucky draw so far and his luck just run out.Monaco is in good form from the beginning of the season and I don't believe he will lose to Ilhan.He had good tournament at Indian Wells where he lose against winner Ljubicic.Monaco should be too much for Ilhan.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventFalla - Melzer
SelectionFalla (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date27/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.95 (Lay)
ReasoningI will go with in form player in this one.Melzer for quite some time plays great tennis and I just can't see him losing against Falla who barely even wins any matches on ATP level and if he does it's against poor opponents.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventBartoli - Dulko
SelectionDulko (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date27/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.50 (Lay)
ReasoningBartoli is leading comfortably against Dulko 3:0 and Dulko never won a set against Marion.Today should be similiar as Marion seems to be in rather good form.She will overpower Dulko and I just don't see any other outcome in this match...

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Pretty crap card today. Only thing I liked in Miami was Baghdatis/Chela under 20.5 games or -4.5 but won't bother. Might follow Smeg on Bolelli over Riba. Riba is a level below Bolelli and has little power or weapons. I agree that Nieminen must have been tired after last week as he is much better than Riba. Obviously Bolelli's form has been terrible but some decent results this week, challenger in Italy....stage looks set for him to win

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April stephane robert plus 5.5 games against marin cilic 4-6 bet365 2 points! stephane robert has really brought his game to a new level in 2010! his best result coming in his ascent to the final of the tier one event in south africa beating david ferrer in the semi-final in a very impressive display of shot-making! he found the in-form lefty lopez a little too tricky in the final but none-the-less it was a great showing from him!! he went on to confirm that form in a clay court challenger in tanger where he comfortably beat the field which was pretty high quality for challenger standards..... kavcic and dolgopolov were amongst his conquests! cilic on the other hand has shown patchy form since his excellent aussie open runand victory in the zagreb open.....i almost suspect like a lot of the other top players that he doesnt want to peak too soon and is saving his best tennis for the summer when it really matters! he has recently posted losses to melzer,isner and perhaps most worryingly garcia-lopez last week in indian wells (lost the second set 6-0)! he's probably due to hit some form soon but i still feel that robert is being a bit under-rated here and that 5.5 games is a big handicap against an opponent in suspect form who is also renowned for his lulls in concentrations......cilic does tend to play his fair share of loose games....can be quite streaky! maybe even for this reason it might be better to back the over 19.5 games at 8-11 with bet365 in case cilic wins 7-6,6-1 or 6-2.6-7,6-3! either way i think they are both good bets and i have backed both! good luck!!

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Also took Bellucci at 4/6 to beat Rochus tomorrow.......explain later.Seems a resonable price, Bellucci is a better player and Djokovic was serving terribly yesterday versus Rochus.... many df's, poor % on first and second.

Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Radwanska - Ivanovic
Selection Ivanovic (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 27/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.80 (Lay)
Reasoning Odds in this are not so great but Radwanska should win this.Ivanovic is in crap form.She is saying that she feels better and plays better but I just don't believe that.Radwanska is on a rise and her form is really good.Maybe with problems but in the end Radwanska should prevail.

Sport Tennis
Event Thiemo de Bakker vs. Tomas Berdych
Selection Thiemo de Bakker
Strength 10/10
Date 27/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 4.64 (Back)
Reasoning Well, from the class point of view the difference between these two players is not so huge, I don't try to overrate Thiemo de Bakker but I have to say without doubts that he is really a talented player. Tomas Berydych possess a more powerful forehand and serve, he can hit more aces and nice winners from the baseline and I think that certain these are the qualities that makes overall a better player and favourite before this game. But, speaking about the stability of the czech man, well here I have to say that he surely is not the stable man, the player who can keep his concentration too great. Berdych is a talented player, no doubts but his lack of stability have been proved many times to be a real problem and to be rated against Thiemo de Bakker, a player who can make just very closed as he possess enough talent for that I think is too exaggerated. Thiemo de Bakker is another new talent in the world of tennis who is underrated at the moment, his game style can be anytime dangerous for anyone as he can play stable from the baseline, a very important factor. All in all, de Bakker is clear underrated in this one with these just too high odds, Berdych is not the player who deserve to be favourite in such games when the opponent possess enough quality to make it just a tough match. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Roger Federer vs. Nicolas Lapentti
Selection Lapentti (+6) GH (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 28/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.99 (Back)
Reasoning Roger Federer will play his first game here at Miami after he was eliminated by Marcos Baghdatis at Indian Wells. Well, at Indian Wells I have to mentionate that he didn't showed too much stability in his play and overall he didn't played his best tennis there. What to expect from Federer's side here at Miami is very difficult to be said, but certain is that he didn't impressed recently and also that he will play just his first game here, so he could not get accustomed right from the start with the new conditions. Speaking about the opponent, well here I have to say that Nicolas Lapentti is just underrated in this one and not only, he has been underrated recently in other games and that most because of his four defeats in a row right from the start of the new season 2010, but here I have to mentionate that all those four defeats were against difficult opponents. Lapentti is a player with a lot of experience and qualities, he is not playing the same stable tennis like in the past but that can't change his talent, his class level which can compete against top players. Lapentti is the top player from the past and playing against Federer you need certain experience and class for to be able to be competitive. All in all, Federer will play just his first game here and he is the type of player who do not try to pressure right from the start and even too much later, Lapentti is the player who can hold stable his serve, he can play very well at the net and can end many points without chances for the opponent, also lets not forget that here is hard, so IMO this line handicap is obviously just too high. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Virginie Razzano vs. Samantha Stosur
Selection Razzano
Strength 10/10
Date 28/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.77 (Back)
Reasoning Samantha Stosur didn't started too convincing this tournament while Virginie Razzano proved exactly vice versa, at least that was the first impression after the first games here at Miami. But besides this aspect of the recent form there is another point of view which is even more important and here I speak about the difference in class between Stosur and Razzano. Well, here I have to mentionate that besides serve and forehand Stosur purely is not over Razzano's level, from the baseline play the french player should be without any doubts confident and able to dominate the rallies. Also Stosur is the player who is playing attacking style and it case that she lacks the accuracy in her shots the unforced errors will surely appear. Razzano is playing a attacking tennis too, but her baseline play is more stable than Stosur's ones and that can anytime be just dangerous. Razzano is underrated at the moment because she lacked the good results recently while Stosur looked much better from this point of view, otherwise we surely wouldn't have these great odds today on the french player. Stosur was the better player recently as she has registered better results and there are no doubts about that, but certain here at Miami is a different situation as Razzano is playing another level of tennis and that change the things. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Ferrer to beat Karlovic @ 4/6 (10/10 : Big stake) All Karlovic has in his favour here is his serve. He served alot of aces against Gimeno-Traver in the last round but still struggled to come through in 3 and Traver made some bp's on Ivo's serve. Courts are not the fastest which can favour Ferrer....he is 14-7 at Miami with 2 semi's in the past. Karlovic is 3-6 in Miami. Ferrer has hit some form...reaching 2 finals on clay winning one, won 2 DC ties aswell before a tired display against Blake at IW(Blake was had a super match in all fairness). He came through against Llodra in rd 1 comfortably....he'll be able to outplay Ivo off the ground, should move him around, hopefully serves well and I see Ferrer winning this one. GL!

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Zvonareva x Bellucci Double @ 9/10 Zvonareva plays Errani...leads h2h 1-0 with an easy win on hard in 2009. Errani is a tricky player and is in decent form pushing Jankovic in IW and beating Kleybanova here in 2 sets. Zvonareva is one of my favourite women players....superb player with some mental frailties in matches. Should have too much for Errani here....better attack, defence and simply class above. Bellucci to beat Rochus. I don;t trust Rochus to back up his win over Djokovic here. Remember he lost to clay-courter Fognini at IW and Djokovic played a horrible match....loads of errors, crap serving....Bellucci is better on clay but improving on hard...beating Blake in rd1 is a great win for him...he has the bigger game here, stronger groundstrokes and better serve...Rochus can fight and covers the ground well but his serve is a big weakness. Safarova vs Azarenka Over 19.5 games @ 5/6 Looks a real low line here considering how good Safarova can be. I make Azarenka clear favourite but Lucie has a great game...admittedly better indoors as shown by her run to the Paris final this year beating Pennetta, Peer and Schiavone. She lost to Coin and Georges since which shows her problem...consistency. But good wins over Kanepi(poor form) and Martinez-Sanchez(great win against tricky player on form) here in Miami hopefuly boost confidence. Azarenka is worthy favourite having won here last year buta player with Lucie's shotmaking and forehand can cause problems here. 19.5 games is too low I think. GL!

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Profitable day yesterday with 3/5 up and the only the lowest staked selections losing. Three bets take my eye today... David Ferrer vs Ivo Karlovic Ferrer -2 games AH at 1.952 (Pinnacle) Odds of 1.67 are just a little too skinny for me, so I'm going to chance a decent handicap at more pallatable odds. IAmGooner has made a good case for Ferrer and there's no much else I can add. Karlovic is tailing off. He's 31 now and his career, although fruitful, is only going one way now. Ferrer's beaten him before and has the patience to deal with a big server and pick them off when the chance arises. This game will also be played in the afternoon heat - Karlovic struggled with that against a far weaker foe in Daniel Gimeno-Traver, so I can see Ferrer being even tougher. I expect Ferrer to pull through this one. Bet strength: 7/10 Tommy Robredo vs Benjamin Becker Robredo -3 games AH at 1.893 (Pinnacle) Robredo was poor in his last match against Marchenko but I still think this handicap is fairly generous against an average player in Becker. The German was trailing an injured Ivan Ljubicic before the Croat retired and he'll find life tough against an established Top 20 player in Robredo. Becker is fairly average apart from his big serve, and I can see Robredo being able to draw errors out of him. Robredo won the only meeting between these players on a hard court 6-2 6-1 and although I expect it to be closer, the Spaniard should prevail here. Bet strength: 6/10 Nicolas Almagro vs Jeremy Chardy Chardy at 2.30 (Boylesports) Chardy's had a rough time of late after a successful 2009. However, he's come into a bit form here and his wins over Mario Ancic and Sam Querrey have to be respected. The Frenchman can perform on a slower hard court and although Almagro should like these conditions too, I see Chardy as a man in better form. Almagro won the only meeting between these two on the clay in Roland Garros but it was tight and Chardy has improved greatly since then. I can see him going on a run here and worth a shot at decent odds to upset a player who at times can go walkabout mentally. Bet strength: 4/10 Good luck :ok

Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Clijsters - Peer
Selection Peer (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 28/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 4.00 (Lay)
Reasoning It's time for Kim to make a nice run in tournament.She surprisingly was out early in AO and Indian Wells.He played good first match against Kvitova losing only 2 games.She is far greater player than Peer.And we've all seen how Peer deals with top ten players last week in her match against Jankovic.Of course Clijsters is not in top 10 at the moment but come on...we all know she is top 10 player.Top 5 I would say even :p Peer is maybe not so bad but her only respectable wins were over Wozniacki and Pennetta this season.All the other ones were matches she was expected to win.Maybe she will put some fight but in the end Clijsters should be a winner in this one imo.

Sport Tennis
Event Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs. Philipp Kohlschreiber
Selection Kohlschreiber
Strength 10/10
Date 29/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.98 (Back)
Reasoning Jo-Wilfried Tsonga didn't impressed too much in 2010 if to compare with 2009 season and the same thing we can say about Philipp Kohlschreiber too. Anyway Tsonga looked better in 2010 as he has impressed at Australian Open while Kohlschreiber didn't looked at least in one tournament too great. But, despite this difference of success in 2010 between these two players where Tsonga surely looks just better, well I will say that Kohlschreiber started to play another tennis since Indian Wells and certain since his first game against Philipp Petzschner followed by a defeat against Novak Djokovic but have to mentionate that there were quality tennis from the german man. Kohlschreiber is very closed to Tsonga's level and from the class point of view I really can't see a meaningful difference, it all depends on form. On the other hand Tsonga did made a nice start here at Miami and the form is surely not an advantage for the german man, it is just all about the difference in class which is very balanced between these two players. All in all, Kohlschreiber strated to show some signs of a better tennis since Indian Wells and that change the things. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Going for another three in the tennis today... Marcos Baghdatis vs Marin Cilic Marin Cilic -1.5 games AH at 1.885 (Pinnacle) This is the first time these two have met and it should be a corker. I am, however, happy to veer towards Cilic here. As much as I like Baghdatis, I still feel he has flaws in his game. Movement can be an issue for the Cypriot and although he loves to find plenty of angles with his groundstrokes, he occasionally lacks the power of a Top 10 player. His serve is normally reliable but his second can be picked up and attacked, and that's where I fear for him. Cilic had a horrible result in Indian Wells last week against Guillermo Garcia-Lopez but I expect him to do much better here and really pick up the baton. His 6-1 6-3 crushing of Stephane Robert in the last round was impressive and he'll take confidence from that. His serve and backhand are huge weapons and his forehand has improved tremendously from last year. Baghdatis may have beaten Federer last week but his subsequent loss to Robredo - who was abysmal yesterday against Benni Becker - shows he has flaws. I have faith in Cilic to cover the handicap. Bet strength: 6/10 Stanislas Wawrinka vs Mikhail Youzhny Mikhail Youzhny -2 games AH at 1.885 (Pinnacle) The Russian was outstanding in his 6-0 6-1 defeat of Santiago Giraldo in R2 and he's really hitting a purple patch at present. He is playing really well on the hard courts and isn't too far away from a Top 10 berth. I can't see him breaking into that sphere again but I can see him having too much for Wawrinka. The Swiss leads the H2H 2-1 but the telling stat is that both his wins have come on clay. Wawrinka's handy on the hard courts but his best work comes on the red brick. He's also just back from at least a month off the Tour and I wonder if rustiness may come into play. The Swiss can throw in errors, especially with a weak second serve, and with Youzhny in such good form, he'll have to be playing at his best to match the Russian. It wouldn't surprise me if it goes to three sets and with all Youzhny bets, I'm expecting a few twists and turns, but he's in such good form at present, likes the surface and has beaten Wawrinka on a hard court before. I'll take him to do it again and cover the handicap. Bet strength: 5/10 Fernando Verdasco vs Jurgen Melzer Melzer +3.5 games AH at 1.862 (Pinnacle) Melzer is in the form of his life at the moment. He's serving well, his timing of shots is spot on and he's not letting the mental frailties creep into his game. This is a big test for him though. Verdasco's obviously a quality player and leads the H2H 3-1. I feel though that the Austrian will keep this one close. He only lost 6-4 7-6 to Andy Roddick at IW last week and won't lie down if the Spaniard gets his nose in front. His semi-final appearance in Dubai also proved that he's enjoying the hard courts. Verdasco was dreadful against Tomas Berdych last week and I can't see him being nearly as poor as that here. Even still, he can go off the boil at times and will give Melzer opportunities. I'm not confident enough to take Melzer outright but I like the +3.5 game handicap. Worth playing. Bet strength: 4/10 Good luck :ok

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Cilic - Baghdatis Both players qualified third round very easily. Odds of Cilic are really nice i think. He is better player than baghdatis. He has better serve.Also he has better forehand. Moreover his game is more consistant. Sometimes baghdatis makes too many unforced errors.This match is their first meeting. There can be a tie break in this match and cilic will have an advantage at tie-break. Cilic @1.77 ( pinnaclesports ) Strenght : 10 /10

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Jankovic - Stosur Jankovic beat stosur at indian wells very easily. At head to head Jankovic leads 3-0. Moreover she did not lose a set against stosur.I do not think this match will be different.Stosur lost two sets in this tournament ; one set against suarez navarro , one set against razzano.If Jankovic plays her average tennis , she can beat stosur.Also with her new coach , she is playing more aggressive which is good for her. Jankovic @1.57 ( stanjames ) Strenght : 10 / 10

Zvonareva x Bellucci Double @ 9/10 Safarova vs Azarenka Over 19.5 games @ 5/6 Ferrer to beat Karlovic @ 4/6 (10/10 : Big stake)
WIN LOSS WIN Good night overall. Had big bet on Ferrer....first set looked worrying, doing nothing on Ivo's serve until 6-5 in the tie-break and he hit a good return and forced the error. One break early in the second set and that was that.

Re: Tennis: Miami :22 March - 4 April Serra to win OVER 6.5 GAMES vs Federer @ Evens (Paddy Power) (10/10) All over this one. Federer in non-slams is not the all-conquering player.....he can typically struggle with motivation...he lost to Benneteau last year, lost to Baghdatis last week in IW, and played a pretty average match beating Lapentti 6-3 6-3 in the last round....his forehand tends to be less reliable, shanks alot of balls and relying on his serve to bail him out. Serra is a decent player, better than Lapentti now who did pretty well against Roger. He beat Massu and Montanes in previous rounds. He's taken sets off Berdych, Davydenko and Soderling this year but sometimes struggles when in a winning position against quality players. Anyway, don't need Serra to win....just have one good set and that should be enough to cover the line here. GL! Also like Youzhny to beat Wawrinka but it's too short now. Dunno what's up with the Cilic price.....he should be clear favourite against Baghdatis...I'm guessing Baghdatis beating Federer last week and Cilic losing to Garcia-Lopez has influenced that. I'm gonna look closer at this one first.