laying more than one horse

Hi guys "newbie" here Firstly my apologies if this should be in another forum. I've been having a little play with Betfair over the past few days and have been trying out a few ideas but one has come to my mind which seems to good to be true so to speak. Is it possible to lay more than one horse in a race and still come out with a profit? I know that if I were to lay say 3 horses on Betfair from the same race and all 3 fail to win i'd make a profit, however, if I were to lay 3 horses but one were to win would I still make a profit on the other 2 or does the winning horse wipe out the other 2? Sorry I hope my question makes some sort of sense and once again sorry if this is in the wrong area.

Re: laying more than one horse

Hi guys "newbie" here Firstly my apologies if this should be in another forum. I've been having a little play with Betfair over the past few days and have been trying out a few ideas but one has come to my mind which seems to good to be true so to speak. Is it possible to lay more than one horse in a race and still come out with a profit? I know that if I were to lay say 3 horses on Betfair from the same race and all 3 fail to win i'd make a profit, however, if I were to lay 3 horses but one were to win would I still make a profit on the other 2 or does the winning horse wipe out the other 2? Sorry I hope my question makes some sort of sense and once again sorry if this is in the wrong area.
Depends on the prices laid and the stakes you took. Say you laid... Billy Sollocks £100 at 6/4 Mary Hinge £100 at 3/1 Wig Bank £100 at 5/1 If Billy Sollocks wins you still win £50.