Six+1 races left, are you still in the hunt?

Well I was pretty down in the dumps last night, despite stumbling on a couple of Kempton winners. No one likes to lose at Cheltenham, I liken it to your football team being bottom of the league at Christmas or being ill on your birthday. I saw myself as 1-2 at the half-way stage. However all my bigger bets were on the last two days so I was hopeful of a turnaround, or turning a small loss into a disastrous one! Had the Jewson down to three runners last night, Rivaliste, Kings Forest and Copper Bleu. But I wasn't totally happen with going three-handed. On my final run though I starting worrying that Copper Bleu may not get home, after ten minutes for study I convinced myself he is a two-miler. I scrubbed him, and went big each-way on Rivaliste. Turning for home I was happy that I'd made the right decision, a couple of furlongs later I felt sick. Next up was the Pertemps, my biggest bet of the week (at that point). A decent each-way bet on Ainama and a saver of Alfie Sherrin. I was just about to call Ainama home (2/1 in-running and 1/2 in-running for a place on the turn) when his challenge just petered out. Short of a run? Didn't get home? Not sure why he went from hero to zero in the space of a furlong. Although I played ante-post in the Ryanair (Barbers Shop), the race ended up as one of the trappiest of the week, I was hopeful rather than confident. Barbers Shop run a stinker. Was starting to think this wasn't my year. Was on Powestations ante-post each-way at 33/1, and each-way at 16/1 in the w/o market. I went in again at 40/1 each-way again this morning, and 20/1 each-way w/o. AND went in place-only at 7.2 on Betfair. Eggs basket an' all that. Only BB travelled better and turning for home it was lovely to know I was placed at least. This was Powerstations fourth consecutive placing at the Festival, quite an achievment. Backed three win-each in the Plate. Thankfully one of those was Great Endevour and I was screaming him home as he started to tread water after the last. An added bonus was I picked the righrt one of the three for the PL tipping contest too. The tide had definitely turned. Ended up with an each-way 5th in the last with Katchaturiun. Unfortunately most of my personal money was on the 1-2-3-4 on Betfair. Clawed my way in front with one day to go. With regards to days it's 2-2 between the enemy and I going into the final day. So, how are you doing now? Improved? Gone further in front? Can your week be salvaged tomorrow?

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.