Monets Garden

bowles10

on a raceless day, i just thought worth paying respect to an unsung hero i know Mowgli has always backed it but i just watched the C4 race and what a performance Its deffo horses for courses with these types as the horse loves Ascot and Aintree Aintree 4 from 7 Ascot 2 from 4 Ayr 3 from 3 Carlisle 3 from 3 Forget cheltenham, the horse isnt suited by it, hence why it only ran at 2 festivals An unsung hero in my eyes who should be recognised as one of the best chasers in the last 10 years :clap

Re: Monets Garden :notworthy I agree mate. He is one who I always look out for aswell. I have backed him a few times too. Unfortunately, when I had my largest bet on him it was at The Festival and needless to say, my money went west... Still, I really like his style, he is a class act and one of the best jumpers around in my opinion. Hopefully he can bag a few more races before a happy and well deserved retirement.

Re: Monets Garden His 2nd in the Arkle, suggested he acted at Cheltenham, although probably better suited elsewhere. For me, more important is space in between his runs, always has been. He needs to be fresh. 60-day break or more 1111111127611 (the 2 was to Kauto Star) Less than 60-day break 21552121614134616 (4/6 wins were at 11/10 or shorter) His poor Cheltenham record was maybe a combination of the two.

Re: Monets Garden Yes, the Cheltenham second in the Arkle was a close second to Voy Por Ustedes. With Alan King's 5 year old getting a massive (unfair) weight for age allowance. These days the wfa is nowhere near as much. So you could say he was the moral winner. Heard Monet's is sometimes not the best traveller, when travelling a good distance to the course. Sometimes not eating up before the race (overnight). the fact he is wintering in Newmarket was a bonus yesterday. Though why he should go well at Ascot is a mystery. As Billy says, more to do with being fresh than anything else. Remember the Arkle very well, I had a very big bet (for me) on Monet's at a double figure price ante-post. Lucky also had a smaller bet on Voy Por. Shame he isn't in the Ryanair. The emotional lass is Nicky Richards daughter.

Re: Monets Garden I just dont think Cheltenham suits the horse to be honest. Interesting about the break in between races though, hadnt taken that into consideration. If kauto hadnt been around, perhaps it could have won a king george ? as perhaps would have been aimed there more often than its sole appearance in 2006 when 6th

Re: Monets Garden

on a raceless day, i just thought worth paying respect to an unsung hero i know Mowgli has always backed it but i just watched the C4 race and what a performance Its deffo horses for courses with these types as the horse loves Ascot and Aintree Aintree 4 from 7 Ascot 2 from 4 Ayr 3 from 3 Carlisle 3 from 3 Forget cheltenham, the horse isnt suited by it, hence why it only ran at 2 festivals An unsung hero in my eyes who should be recognised as one of the best chasers in the last 10 years :clap
The horse is top class and underrated, often written off due to a poor previous run. I didn't have a bet yesterday, was out Friday night and then up early and out for footy and a concert yesterday, did not even look through the cards or runners index. Checked results on way to the M.E.N arena and saw Monets Garden had won, bloody gutted. :wall
His 2nd in the Arkle, suggested he acted at Cheltenham, although probably better suited elsewhere. For me, more important is space in between his runs, always has been. He needs to be fresh. 60-day break or more 1111111127611 (the 2 was to Kauto Star) Less than 60-day break 21552121614134616 (4/6 wins were at 11/10 or shorter) His poor Cheltenham record was maybe a combination of the two.
The break between races was something I picked up on from reading Nick Mordin's stuff, not just with Monets Garden but something to note with all horses. Some seem better when turned out quickly, some need that rest. Billy, how did you split form between 60 day break etc, did you do it just by going through form or run some kind of programme?

Re: Monets Garden

The break between races was something I picked up on from reading Nick Mordin's stuff, not just with Monets Garden but something to note with all horses. Some seem better when turned out quickly, some need that rest. Billy, how did you split form between 60 day break etc, did you do it just by going through form or run some kind of programme?
It's something I look at quite a lot, more so over jumps. Track type, left/right handed, fresh. When looking at a horse's form on sportinglife.com you can highlight runs after a 60-day break. It's helpful for a quick glance but it's all they do. Anything else I have to look through the form. It can take a while but worth it when you see a pattern. Taranis is a recent one that springs to mind, think he is 11111111 after an 5-week break, he of course won at a big price last month FTO after 2-years. Sentry Duty is another, all his hurdle wins have come on the back of the 6-week break. A well domcumented one is The Sawyer, who is 81161111 in the month of January. There is still plenty of work to do with regards to studying obviously but if you know horse's optimum condtions it can unearth some jewells. :ok

Re: Monets Garden Probably the first horse I ever liked when I was starting three years ago. Remember the picture of this beautiful grey on the Racing Post website. Never really managed to get him right though. The same with Kauto Star. Only back them when they lose. Wonder why they've never tried the Betfair Chase. Haydock would suit him, but he has never run there.