Best Bet Of The Day - Sat 20th Feb

StuSimmy

14:45 Ascot I think Beshaber will prefer another race so my choice lands with Tasheba who ran a good 2nd in a Grade2 race over course and distance LTO so he should have a great chance of landing the spoils down in class, especially over a course and distance where his form reads 12. Has been raised 4lbs for that run but he has won a Listed race off a mark 12lbs lower but with David Bass taking off 7lbs once again he should be in contention. He is the least exposed horse in the race at just 5 years old and with only 18 runs to date so he is definately open to more progress. Has won 3 from 8 and placed in another 3 races over hurdles including a win over course and distance last year, also acts on any going. Henderson has a 30% strike rate at the track with on B J Curley having a better record at the track, he does saddle up Zabeel Palace but I feel the going will be against him. Consigliere is another main danger. 1pt win Tasheba @ 10/1 (Bet365 - BOG)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sat 20th Feb 2.50 Lingfield INDIAN SKIPPER is a horse I have been waiting very patiently for, on each of his last four runs I have noted him not having things to suit, yet the trainer has continued to keep him on the go in the races available, meaning he's raced on inproper surfaces and over inadequate trips. These are the extracts from my racing analyses:

29th January, Kempton Indian Skipper failed to beat a runner on his last run at Kempton but he showed much more promise here. Having been settled at the back of the field he travelled on the outside as the runners swung for home, and he picked up nicely in the straight, grinding down all bar the smart winner. Given the winner had the run of the race, in a contest run 2.2 seconds below standard, this was a very credible effort from off the pace. He is only 2 lbs higher than a recent win at Kempton over seven furlongs, and a return to that trip would seem a logical move next time out.
However, he was again sent out over 6f on his next start.....
31st January, Kempton Indian Skipper broke slowly from the gates but with the race run at such a modest speed was still able to recover his position. As they approached the half-way point in the race Billy Cray niggled his mount along and he made headway to move alongside the winner in the straight as the pace quickened. He was tapped for toe by the leading pair but is holding his form well and a return to a strongly run seven furlongs should see him gain compensation in the months to come.
Again, the trainer persisted with the horse at sprint distances...
8th February, Kempton The runner up Indian Skipper was closing fast on the line and is another horse holding his form very well. A sedate gallop didnt play to his strengths when a staying on second behind Bajan Tryst two runs ago and on his last start he was again inconvenienced with the way the race was run. He had to be niggled along to keep up with the pace here but made eyecatching headway inside the final two furlongs and again shaped as if a return to six furlongs was warranted. This was the strongest hint he has offered for some time that he has the toe to make a sprinter, so a strongly run six furlongs should see him in a favourable light next time out, as would a return to seven furlongs.
The yard were obviously impressed with that effort and infact dropped him back in trip for his last run, but at Southwell, he appeared less effective on the slow ground.
10th February, Southwell Indian Skipper raced at the back of this field, albeit not too far off the leaders, but his recent form had suggested he would find this trip plenty sharp enough, and that proved to be the case. He raced on the nearside rail before drifting towards the centre of the track in search of quicker ground inside the final furlong, but he was beaten by that point and this goes down as a disappointing effort. He had been in good form coming into this race and a return to polytrack and a step up in trip should see him in a better light next time out.
I have no concerns that his last effort was his poorest for some time, it was the sharpest trip he has encountered and it was on a surface on which he didnt totally appear at ease. Stepped up markedly in trip I think he can go well here. There doesnt appear to be much pace on and it will not be a truly run mile. Bearing in mind he has been crying out for a strongly run seven, he looks worth chancing at the huge odds. Indian Skipper, 25/1 William Hill, 0.5 pt EW.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.