Kelso Thurs 18th Feb

bowles10

Re: Kelso Thurs 18th Feb only looking at the 8 runner handicap hurdle over 2m 2f 2.10 Kelso Sotovik Has been tried over various distances from 16f through to 25f. Hasnt won over this short distance since 2005 so not expecting much having to lump round 11st 12lb on heavy ground. Has ran here twice before finishing 5th and fell at the 1st last time. Pillar of Hercules Hasnt ran since September and best on faster ground, so cant see the horse figuring in this race. Appears to stay a minimum 2m also, so the extra 2f may be a struggle. Tchikita Very inexperienced compared with the others, just 2 runs under rules in this country. Finished 3rd both times, wears a tongue strap for the 1st time and trainer in reasonable form although well backed Quick will could only finish 5th today. Has ran at the course before over this distance so no worries there. Bobs Dream Won twice in November including at this track over 1f shorter. Both were chases and Harry Haynes rode both times. This time he is on Tchikita for trainer Ewart. Gilies takes over the mount claiming 3lb. Pulled up on poor ground last time & has now had a break which may suit. Did win 1st time up this season so the break may not be a problem. Has to make its chase rating count over hurdles to make the frame. Nonotreally Hasnt ran for 326 days after 2 runs last season after 3 years out. Has 3 runs at the track previously and possibly needs better ground anyway. Ormello Normally runs at Perth and has a chase rating of 122, so could take advantage here of a much lower hurdles rating of 100. Would prefer faster ground as heavy/soft ground form reads 744420. Midnite blews Possibly prefers faster ground as soft/heavy reads 732035 and both wins are on faster ground. Both wins were in the summer months which again is a negative in these conditions. was a sprinter on the flat, so also a bit doubtful about the trip. Daniels Dream 10years old, 22 runs, 1 place seems to say it all, down to a rating of 63 now so running off 16lb higher than it should be in this race. No chance. Tissue for me is Bobs Dream 35% (15/8) Tchikita 27% (2.7/1) Ormella 18% (5.6/1) Midnite blews 7% (13/1) Sotovik 7% (13/1) Nonotreally 3% (33/1) Pillar of hercules 2% (49/1) Daniels Dream 1% (99/1) For me, Bobs Dream could be decent value tomorrow if i can get above the 2/1 mark, hoping to get 3/1

Re: Kelso Thurs 18th Feb 2 runners i've got in the 'long term' note book, both superbly bred specimen from Jamie Ewart's stable. BISHOPS HEIR, Full brother to Turbo Linn - possibly up against it after a 90 day break and penalised, Checklow should be interesting for HowardJ, Hollins too. MOCHA, Half sister to Azertyuiop, and by Mansonnien who is sire for Golden Silver, Taranis, Millenium Royal, J'vole and Rock Noir amongst others. Ran no sort of race on debut last time, very carefully handled, this is a big beautiful looking horse who should improve considerably on that rather modest debut but will depend how much Mr. Ewart has wound her up,I got the impression we were about 10% lto. Jim Goldie's Miss Abbey must also be fancied to follow up her debut win though. Could be a decent day for the Ewart stable, with Classic Cut and Tchikita also having good chances.

Re: Kelso Thurs 18th Feb 3.20 Kelso Quwetwo - realistically this looks a two horse race between this one and Zaynar, unbeaten in five and as short as 9/2 for the Champion Hurdle. On the face of it, he is impossible to oppose, however every horse has a chance and I beleive Quetwo to be the value call in the race. He disappointed in the Ballymore when last seen but will appreciate this drop back in trip and could get the run of the race. On slow ground it is possible to slip the field, something he managed to do a couple of times last seeason when hacking up in novice hurdles. There may be more to come from this one, yard had been out of fom but returned to winners enclosurre yesterday. 10/1 Bet 365.

Re: Kelso Thurs 18th Feb

Quwetwo is supposed to be a real chaser in the making but Howardj has been unable to get him racing so far over fences this season so far. This hurdle race probably no more than a tune up in hope of a novice chase in the spring.
Yeah, Ive seen he is entered in the Arkle too. Probably isnt going to get enough experience under his belt to make an impact there but has gone well fresh in the past when with Sue Smith - hacked up by 17 lengths in a Newcastle bumper on reapp last year. This a different kettle of fish but likelihood is the bet can be traded out in running anyway, so it is low risk even if it seems daft on paper.

Re: Kelso Thurs 18th Feb Certainly a horse I'm interested in Wayne, I'll be watching with interest just to see how fit he strips for this one, I remember reading a quote a few weeks ago that he was ready to win as soon as an opportunity was found. We've had a few fallers already today so certainly anything possible. Needless to say, I didn't get my bet on in time with bishops heir :)

Re: Kelso Thurs 18th Feb

3.20 Kelso Quwetwo - realistically this looks a two horse race between this one and Zaynar, unbeaten in five and as short as 9/2 for the Champion Hurdle. On the face of it, he is impossible to oppose, however every horse has a chance and I beleive Quetwo to be the value call in the race. He disappointed in the Ballymore when last seen but will appreciate this drop back in trip and could get the run of the race. On slow ground it is possible to slip the field, something he managed to do a couple of times last seeason when hacking up in novice hurdles. There may be more to come from this one, yard had been out of fom but returned to winners enclosurre yesterday. 10/1 Bet 365.
Fantastic stuff fintron :nana

Re: Kelso Thurs 18th Feb you're either mad or lucky Wayne! :notworthy :clap superb bit of judgement, Quwetwo is gonna be worth following next year for sure, HJ said he's going novice chasing next year now, missed the boat with the Arkle this year. Get on now? My antepost on Go Native is looking decent now, has contracted a bit today after this result...