PokerStars Sunday Million – 2 Million Guaranteed this Sunday (31 Jan)

averick

Piles of money will be up for grabs this Sunday at PokerStars! PokerStars has increased the Sunday Million prizepool to $2 million! This Sunday, January 31 at 16:30 ET, you can be battling it out for your share of $2,000,000. In addition to the massive $2 million prizepool, PokerStars has guaranteed that the first place finisher will receive at least $500,000. The Sunday Million is the premier major tournament, consistently awarding hundreds of thousands to the top finishers.
Ok my main point wasn't to promote this tournament, if you play on Stars you would probably already know about this anyway. Seems like the guarantee was raised by Stars in conjunction with the VIP Store promotion, does anyone think this is a good time to take a shot the Sunday Million? Reasons: 1. Ticket on sale at 10000 FPPs = $160 USD (25.6% discount) 2. Will be VIP Store sale attract a large group of less experienced tournament players? (Or not, since if they can afford to buy the ticket at 10000 FPPs, they shouldn't be that lousy) 3. Relatively deep tournament structure I'm not really a tourney player but took a few shots at the $5.5-$11 buy-ins (including rebuys) and did ok (6% ROI) in the sense that I didn't end up in the red. Variance dictates that I will probably finish out of the money more often than not, but I was thinking whether this was a good time to try out the Sunday Million due to the lower price and hopefully softer field. Opinions?

Re: PokerStars Sunday Million – 2 Million Guaranteed this Sunday (31 Jan) the field is soooooo much bigger, if i was taking a shot at it, as strange as it may sound, it would need to be for fun, you will either get a table of satelite entries or pros :) and you would need to run well for sure, you cant force it, but building a stack can = higher variance, i gave it it a miss...

Re: PokerStars Sunday Million – 2 Million Guaranteed this Sunday (31 Jan) Kind of looked like the 1/4 million to me with the 19k entrants, so decided to go for it. Yup a few good players on my table which is a good experience but it would be better if I dominated their stacks instead of the other way round:lol Was hovering in the top 400 till a mistake left me with just abit over the average stack, hopefully I'll still be in by the next hour!:hope

Re: PokerStars Sunday Million – 2 Million Guaranteed this Sunday (31 Jan) Tks slap :ok Finished 4591/19377, never really recovered from a preflop allin with AKs against JJ. Made the nut straight but he made a boat! Then shoved over an UTG raise with 88 and got isolated by a big stack on my left with AJo. J came on the flop and I never caught up. Good experience though, I learn something from every tournament, unfortunately its usually from my own mistakes and not from others. Now its back to cash!

Re: PokerStars Sunday Million – 2 Million Guaranteed this Sunday (31 Jan)

Just qualified for the Sunday Warm Up through a $14 satellite' date=' anyone ever played it before? How many runners are there normally? Well excited![/quote'] Usually about 5000-6000 runners, I think. You start with 10,000 chips, and there are 15 minute blind levels. But it's not really quite as deep-stacked as it appears, as the blinds start at 25/50. Good luck. :hope

Re: PokerStars Sunday Million – 2 Million Guaranteed this Sunday (31 Jan)

Usually about 5000-6000 runners, I think. You start with 10,000 chips, and there are 15 minute blind levels. But it's not really quite as deep-stacked as it appears, as the blinds start at 25/50. Good luck. :hope
Cheers, will be a good experience whatever happens.

Re: PokerStars Sunday Million – 2 Million Guaranteed this Sunday (31 Jan) Went on a bad run and prefer the poker atm. Will be back during the flat season. This is getting ridiculous now, all in with a9, get called by aj. Flop comes 29j, turn a 9, river a 9. I live to fight another day. Anyone wana watch im benners12345 on stars.