thinking of going aintree for the national.

id like to know anyone else's opinions on the best strategy for avoiding illuminous orange women and young males off their face on rat poison which has been sold to them as cocaine. what are the best enclosures to go in in terms of being able to get as close as possible to the fences and also to be able to get a good view of the winning line and such like? i've been looking on the official aintree website and the tatts are going for £40 but im more inclined to look at the other stands where the tickets are more like 75-80. in the more expensive grandstands is it a lot easier to get served at the bar and what are the prices like? thanks for your help on this. :cheers

Re: thinking of going aintree for the national. I've been twice and I wouldn't go again on Grand National Day. Went in the Tatts first time, takes absolutely ages to get a drink, ages to queue for food, massive queue for a piss and there were some temporary toilets/portakabins that were about a foot deep in piss, you literally had to wade through it and the toilets were on a slope so it all ran out the door, bloody awful. Also takes ages to get a bet as you are stood behind the stag do's and hen do's getting their 50p each way on and getting the wrong horse etc. Nightmare of a day. Also went in the John Smiths stand or whatever its called down the side of the course. I think you only see horses pass you once and that is in the National itself, cheap enclosure, full of chavs and orange women and most have no interest in there in racing, get as pissed as you can as quick as you can. Bloody freezing too and usually have some kind of marquee up full of Irish bands playing folk music etc. Tatts are just before the winning post but you are stood on stone terracing and the view is poor because it is so busy. If you have a few quid extra go in the next stand that overlooks the winning post, you'll avoid the idiots and have a decent view. Hope you have a good day out. :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.