What is a raked hand? (at Virgin)

mileni4uk

Virgin have all those tournaments with raked hands requirements. There is a 10k tournament for which you need to have 1500 raked hands. I calculated my hands played on my account statement and I have about 1400-1500 for this month, but when I register on the 10k tourney it says I have 748 raked hands, so I assume it something different than just a hand played. Couldn't find any info on the Virgin site. Any idea?

Re: What is a raked hand? (at Virgin) For the 10k tourney all hands must be at stakes of 0.05/0.10 or higher and you must have contributed to the pot. All hands that you see a flop in at 0.05/0.10 are raked at least 1 cent. At higher stakes not all hands are raked it depends how much is in the pot before rake kicks in. Micro stakes players get the bum end of the deal everywere. We pay a higher % of rake and are unlikely to generate enough to recieve any rakeback. I'm not bitter and as long as we keep Brian in cigars it's noble work we are doing:eyes