** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Strange (and false) Virgin virus alert

Dodger

I run AVG and Malwarebites and thus far, touch wood, have not had a bad virus on my PC (that couldn't be accounted for by allowing certain idiot fruits of my loin to use it!). Playing Virgin cash game this morning when AVG pops up and says it has detected a virus. Shoved it into the quarantine vault, finished the hand I was on and closed the software. Nothing else was running. Double scanned my PC...nothing. Checked the vault and found it was a file that was sent to my HH folder. Strange...so I sent it to AVG labs and got this reply...

AVG Research Lab has analyzed the file(s) you have sent from your AVG Virus Vault. Below you can find the results for each file. The final verdict on the file is either a correct detection or a false positive detection. Further information about the verdicts are available at our website: http://www.avg.com/faq-1184 "C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Local Settings\Application Data\Boss Media\Virgin Poker\history\111111\stats_GAME_THM.xml" - false alarm Best regards, AVG Customer Services AVG Technologies
So it was a false alarm...but I've never had one from any poker site and it was quite disconcerting when it happened...after all I thought somebody might have been trying to look at my cards! Now...I don't play much cash...usually just to qualify for raked hands game. Do those of you who play lots of cash games get this sort of thing quite often? Just can't get my head round why AVG flagged it up...unless there is something in the file name that is a part of a known virus. Confusing though :eyes.