KEY RACE: Victor Chandler Chase Sat 23rd January 2010 - Ascot - Winner Twist Magic

Re: KEY RACE: Victor Chandler Chase Sat 23rd January 2010 - Ascot not sure how many will line up but could be a cracker

HorseAgeWtTrainerJockeyORNagMeBet
Cornas (NZ) 8- Nick Williams nag.gif SP SP 10/1
Fix The Rib (IRE) 7- G L Moore nag.gif SP SP 16/1
Forpadydeplasterer (IRE) 8- Thomas Cooper nag.gif SP SP SP
Free World (FR) 6- P F Nicholls nag.gif SP SP 14/1
Kinkeel (IRE) 11- A W Carroll nag.gif SP SP 500/1
Lennon (IRE) 10- J Howard Johnson nag.gif SP SP 66/1
Lord Henry (IRE) 11- P J Hobbs nag.gif SP SP 33/1
Oh Crick (FR) 7- A King nag.gif SP SP 20/1
Oiseau de Nuit (FR) 8- C L Tizzard nag.gif SP SP 66/1
Petit Robin (FR) 7- N J Henderson nag.gif SP SP 2/1
Santa's Son (IRE) 10- J Howard Johnson nag.gif SP SP SP
Twist Magic (FR) 8- P F Nicholls nag.gif SP SP 5/4
Well Chief (GER) 11- D E Pipe nag.gif SP SP 9/2

Re: KEY RACE: Victor Chandler Chase Sat 23rd January 2010 - Ascot Fix the rib seems very nice value at 21 (VC). Loves Ascot track and may run well on soft or good ground. Will be interesting if Jamie Moore will be on board. Both seems to find great chemistry in front of the bunch (the tandem is unbeaten on chases). GL Moore stable is in modest form with a lot of places last two weeks. Twist Magic already beaten here 2 years ago, when was in amazing shape current season. Well chief prefered Newbery for warm up track before festival (just saw winner in 2005, thought never been here... :). Good ground may suits better for him Petit Robin - a constant fighter with nice chances. Last year second far away from Master Minded and the other guys weren't such a quality as this year.

Re: KEY RACE: Victor Chandler Chase Sat 23rd January 2010 - Ascot The Victor Chandler Chase is a Grade 1 National Hunt chase in Great Britain which is open to horses aged five-years-old or above. It is run at Ascot over a distance of 2 miles and 1 furlong (3,420 metres), and during its running there are thirteen fences to be jumped. The race is scheduled to take place each year in January. The event has been sponsored throughout its history by the famous bookmaker and current chairman of >Victor Chandler International, >Victor Chandler. It is presently registered as the Clarence House Chase, but it is usually referred to by its sponsored title. The first running was planned to have taken place in 1987. However, it was abandoned that year due to frost, and also the following year because of fog. Originally it was a handicap race, and its distance was set at 2 miles (3,219 metres). In 2005 and 2006, while its usual home was closed for redevelopment, the event was temporarily switched to alternative venues. Upon returning to Ascot the race's regular distance was extended by a furlong. In 2007 it was promoted to Grade 1 status, and it ceased to be run as a handicap.

Re: KEY RACE: Victor Chandler Chase Sat 23rd January 2010 - Ascot

Wouldn't go too much into the Trends Bowles ' date=' Being changed to a non-handicap only 2 years ago kind of makes the past results deceptive imo.[/quote'] yep not going to bother anyway for same reason however interested in the distance profile to see if i can see anything there there may be another trends race for saturday :ok

My selection was Fix the rib' date=' but has just been pulled out and leaves a field of just 7 now and taken the proven front runner out so be interesting now and just becomes a watching race for me now![/quote'] Leaves Twist Magic to dictate again so the goalposts move again. Not sure i want to bet in this race but i would favour Petit Robin in the contest. I am not expecting anything to surprise in this race although will be watching Oh Crick to see how it performs again. If there was a 3rd place i might have considered that one for a place.

He did win very well disappointment has to be Petite who jumped awfully once making first mistake!
he got round, but jumped too often out to his left wont be too concerned about it as Cheltenham is left handed anyway but i think the ground affected it today as it can when you jump, Henderson said beforehand this was as soft as they could go with the horse so i would expect on better ground a better showing:ok

he got round, but jumped too often out to his left wont be too concerned about it as Cheltenham is left handed anyway but i think the ground affected it today as it can when you jump, Henderson said beforehand this was as soft as they could go with the horse so i would expect on better ground a better showing:ok
Cheers bowles very new to the jumping game so will keep that in mind :ok!!

Leaves Twist Magic to dictate again so the goalposts move again. Not sure i want to bet in this race but i would favour Petit Robin in the contest. I am not expecting anything to surprise in this race although will be watching Oh Crick to see how it performs again. If there was a 3rd place i might have considered that one for a place.
well 1-2-3 but not in the order i really wanted Result below i_rresult.gif Ascot 14:40 - Result Victor Chandler Chase (grade 1) £105000 added, 5yo plus, 2m 1f, Class 1, £59146 penalty, 7 ran Going: Soft Race Report » i_time.gif Winning Time: 4m 15.8s

Pos.Dist.HorseWtJockeyTrainerAgeSP
1 Twist Magic (FR) 11-7 R Walsh P F Nicholls 811/8 f
led to after 1st, tracked leader, led again after 3rd, made rest, ridden 2 out, 8 lengths clear last, stayed on well opened 5/4 touched 6/4 £3600-£2400 £3000-£2000 (x2) £1500-£1000 (x8) £1200-£800 (x4) £900-£600 £600-£400 (x8) £5500-£4000 £1000-£800 (x2) £550-£400
2 12Petit Robin (FR) 11-7 A P McCoy N J Henderson 715/8
tracked leaders, joined winner 7th, bliundered 9th, ridden and outpaced 2 out, 8 lenghts down and no impression when hit last opened 9/4 £1800-£800 £920-£460 £800-£400
3 1Oh Crick (FR) 11-7 W Hutchinson A King 716/1
held up, outpaced 3 out, soon ridden, kept on under pressure from next, never troubled leaders opened 20/1
4 6Well Chief (GER) 11-7 T J Murphy D Pipe 116/1
held up, outpaced 3 out, soon ridden and no impression, 4th and beaten when hit last touched 13/2 £6500-£1000 £4000-£600
5 7Cornas (NZ) 11-7 D Jacob Nick Williams 87/1
chased leaders, outpaced 3 out, weakened next opened 9/1
6 ¾Lennon (IRE) 11-7 Denis O'regan J Howard Johnson 1040/1
tended to jump left, led after 1st, headed after 3rd, chased winner, lost place 6th, weakened from 3 out opened 50/1
7 distKinkeel (IRE) 11-7 E Dehdashti A W Carroll 11200/1
in rear, struggling 6th, soon tailed off touched 150/1
Non-Runners
NRFix The Rib (IRE) 11-7 P Hide G L Moore 7