Comments on racingpost results about Aeroplane

Now we all know aeroplane is a useful horse if difficult to win with and I dont think young Evans does him any favours (dont rate him much of a jockey these days) But this comment just made me laugh in results at racingpost:

Aeroplane is picking up a few quid for his connections by placing in these conditions events, but he remains hard to win with against decent opposition. His best chance of success will be if dropped back into a claimer where he´ll be in a position to win without coming off the bridle.
Why run him in a claimer and run the risk of losing him when he is running perfectably credible in condition and handicap races and picking up plenty of cash! I mean today he picked up just over £2000 for coming second today and since joining Evans yard he has picked up nearly £10,000 so what would be the point of running him in £1000 claimer???!!! Just seems a stupid thing to say in my opinion?

Re: Comments on racingpost results about Aeroplane If I was David Evans I go into a race mobhanded, deploy a pacemaking sprinter to spread eagle the field and then enable Aeroplane to be produced late Ballydolyle style. I am amazed he hasn't done this yet, nor old connections. The horse is clearly useful and could land a good conditions prize or maybe even a weak listed race. He is probably a bit too high for handicaps IMO, but connections are killing it by running it in muddling, small field races, with no genuine pace. Any old sprinter, out of form will do. It will serve a dual purpose - sharpen up the fitness of the sprinter and enable his to run poorly over an unsuitable trip, thus lowering his handicap mark, whilst giving aeroplane the best possible chance of winning. Like you Chris, I dont rate Richard Evans either. Paul Doe should be on but I suppose its the owners decision. Maybe they think his 5 lb claim will help. IMO a true pace would over compensate the few pounds Evans takes off, as its quesiotnable he's worth the full 5 lb anyway?

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.