Wolverhampton - Sun 17th Jan

4.10 Wolverhampton A decent sprint on the all-weather for a Sunday afternoon and although Nickel Silver comes into the race in great form I think the presence of Glamorous Spirit, stepped up sharply in grade having been running in plating races of late, will hinder him. Ebraam will benefit from Declan Cannon's 5 lb claimer but his running style changes like the wind so he is hard to predict, so I am siding with Matsunosuke in the hope Scobie Coogan's gelding is nearing his best again. 12 months ago he embarked upon a steep curve of progession, capped off with a listed level win at Lingfield in February. Realistic winning opportunities for him since have inevitably been limited due to his lofty handicap mark but without winning he has started to edge back down to a mark off which he can be competitive. Last time out was the first time he has looked like winning for a while, finishing less than a length back in third at this track, and although this is a step back in trip, 9 of his 13 career wins have come over 5f so it doesn't concern me. 3/1 Bet 365, 4 pts win.

Re: Wolverhampton - Sun 17th Jan 4.10 Wolverhampton Decent looking handicap for a sunday afternoon on the all weather. Ebraam is a fustrating sort having been running in claimers before finishing to second to the useful jaconet in a listed event at lingfield, then got beat back in a claimer on unbelievable terms with that run against jaconet taken into account.but then bounced back again in a hot handicap only being beaten a head by Imprimis Tagula and then ran too bad to be true last week in the super 7 handicap and is certainly one to watch if bouncing back but his inconsistency puts me off for now aswell as the trip being perhaps a little sharp for him now. Smart yard are in brilliant form and Nickel silver didnt lose anything in defeat to the well handicapped Rebel Duke at southwell, but he is perhaps the way the track rode at Southwell did him some favors and a career best is needed today and will be tough. That leaves me with Matsunosuke who appeared to be back to something of his best last time out after a short break going down by just 3/4l to Imprimis Tagula, up a 1lb for that effort but still remains well handicapped on aw form last year when starting a hatrick off this mark and next win off 109 in handicaps and then a short head win over Duff in a listed event. Culhane booked again and a brilliant draw in stall 2. The other that interests me is Peak District for a superbly in form yard who I have a lot of respect form and thats Kevin Ryan, he was 3rd over CD 3 days ago behind Rocket Rob, he had a better draw and his effort came all to late and never got to the front pair but he clearly looked one to follow. Runs off same mark today and last win came off this mark over this trip at lingfield and has held much hotter company than this over his years and although draw hasnt been over kind again if in the same mood a big run can be expected. 1pt win matsunosuke 3/1 bet365 0.5pt e/w peak district 11/2 pp

Re: Wolverhampton - Sun 17th Jan 16:10 Wolverhampton Popular race this in which I will be siding with Ebraam who I am going to put my faith back in. I backed him on his penultimate start when he was 2nd by a head to an impressive Imprimis Tagula who notched up 8 wins in 2009. He finished 1/2 a length in front of Matsunosuke in that raceand he is the early favourite for the race. Races off 4lbs better terms today so I fancy him to hold that form. I think the trip LTO at Lingfield was too far and he was slowly away so I am going to discount that. Hasn't won off a mark this high but Declan Cannon takes off a vital 5lbs and he has been on cracking form lately so I definately rate his chances higher with him on board. 0.5pt E/W Ebraam @ 9/1 (Bet 365 - BOG)

Re: Wolverhampton - Sun 17th Jan Wolverhampton 14:30 - Wanchai Whisper (win) @ 10/11 Betfred I'll take another David Evans horse here, been in good nick in handicaps and should take the beating in this, C&D winner previously in a selling race, has a good all round record and looks set to win again.

Re: Wolverhampton - Sun 17th Jan TERMINATE 3.05 has had 5 races over C&D all in class 6 races with 14252,so has been placed 3/5 times,had good form at start of last year so hope he can start good again this year.33/1 ew BARBIROLLI 3.05 has a decent C&D record with 336153 with the 5 in a class 5 race,put in a good effort lto.8/1 ew IVORY SILK 4.10 is 132 over C&D all in lower class races 4 and 3,was 2nd lto over C&D in a class 3 race,has put in some good runs lately.12/1 ew CANADIAN DANEHILL 4.10 has been placed 10/15 over C&D so has a good record,so could squeeze another place today.16/1 ew

Re: Wolverhampton - Sun 17th Jan 3.05 Wolverhampton A rather awful line up for a typical apprentice race, many of these trying trip for first time, well out of form and a few still maidens including the one Ive gone for Law of the Jungle, he is ridden by a useful apprentice and has slowly been improving with every run since coming over from ireland only beaten 2 lengths last time out in testing conditions at Southwell in blinkers, cheekpieces are refitted today after showing a little more restraint under them on penlutimate start over this course over a shorter trip! 0.5pt e/w law of the jungle 5/1 hills 4.40 Wolverhampton I am willing to give Fareham Tow one last chance, coming round the bend last week at kempton he looked to be travelling very well and looked a massive threat but then didnt knuckle down, he is now starting to get a reputation of being ungenuine. He runs off a 2lb lower mark today and his only form worth talking about was over this CD in a maiden when 3rd, he is clearly a tricky ride BUT probert has a very good reputation with these sorts and at 16/1 is a tad over priced in my opinion! 0.25pt e/w fareham town 16/1 sj

Re: Wolverhampton - Sun 17th Jan 3:05 Wolverhampton: Spring Hawk 2pts win 1pt place 16/1 Stan James Spring Hawk is lightly raced and could be interesting stepped up in distance here. On his last run at Wolverhampton Spring Hawk was up against it at the weights. On bare form, he is reasonably well in here and would not have to improve much to take a hand if staying the extra half mile. Kieren Fox looks a good booking and has a profitable record in apprentice races. In recent times Irish trainers have done well on their British raids at the all weather.

Re: Wolverhampton - Sun 17th Jan Wolverhampton 4.40. Had a tip through the trainer for NOVILLERO currently at 5/2 but attracting support.Dont usually post "a bloke down the pub" kind of tips,but met this bloke in the pub:unsure and he was very enthusiastic about the horses chances,the money was down last time,it fell out of the stalls and got hampered twice. Good luck if you choose to follow drunk man in pub system.:ok

Re: Wolverhampton - Sun 17th Jan Earlsmedic-Matsunosuke is solid fav but i'm going with Earlmedic,if he take early lead then its become very difficult for others,and jockey Andrea on board with his good 3lb cliam,last time he run a very goog race but now on 5f everthing is on right place,so i'm expecting a good run from him.

Re: Wolverhampton - Sun 17th Jan 3.40 C7 to get stuck into. KIRSTY'S LAD is the 5/1F not overly keen on the price but has been threatening to win again. Goes well here and slightly shorter trip should be fine. A big danger will be Irish trained to weight KINGS JESTER 9/1 who is the only runner today for a trainer that does very well on the AW over here. A bit on each for the win and will also throw in HI SPEC for comi fc and tri cast for pennies.

Re: Wolverhampton - Sun 17th Jan Cheers ted!! well done yourself with kings jester, used to be a decent horse winning a good race at longchamp finally got back to it in class 7 lol!! Well done fin too, couldnt believe the price neither even went out as far as 5/1 and I did go in again!!

Re: Wolverhampton - Sun 17th Jan Ted's hittin one of his purple patches :clap well done Chris too, like you say, great price on the suke. If I'd been keeping tabs on the market I'd have gone in again at 5/1, thought he'd go off 2/1 today with such a strong pace likely.