Hold'em Manager newbie question

slapdash

Re: Hold'em Manager newbie question

What tables are you playing? Might be worth ignoring the default HUD and downloading this one - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=4166
Thanks. I'm playing almost only MTTs and STTs, and have found several suggested set-ups. At the moment I'm just playing around with HEM and figuring out what it can do and what stats I'd find useful. I seem to remember you installed the beta version to get Boss coverage? Did you notice any drawbacks compared to the "official" release? I'm not playing much on Boss at the moment, so it probably wouldn't be worth trying the beta if it might screw up anything else.

Re: Hold'em Manager newbie question Another question: I often play on a small-screen laptop, and have slightly overlapping windows if I multi-table. On sites that allow it, I often move my seat for viewing convenience, but if I do this, the HUD doesn't seem to follow me. I don't suppose anybody knows if it's possible to make it do so?

Another question: I often play on a small-screen laptop, and have slightly overlapping windows if I multi-table. On sites that allow it, I often move my seat for viewing convenience, but if I do this, the HUD doesn't seem to follow me. I don't suppose anybody knows if it's possible to make it do so?
You can define your preferred seating in HEM - HUD Options / Seating Preferences :ok The HUD will then follow you.

You can define your preferred seating in HEM - HUD Options / Seating Preferences :ok The HUD will then follow you.
I don't think that works if I'm playing two Stars tables (say) and want to be at the left in one and at the right in the other?

Thanks. I'm playing almost only MTTs and STTs, and have found several suggested set-ups. At the moment I'm just playing around with HEM and figuring out what it can do and what stats I'd find useful. I seem to remember you installed the beta version to get Boss coverage? Did you notice any drawbacks compared to the "official" release? I'm not playing much on Boss at the moment, so it probably wouldn't be worth trying the beta if it might screw up anything else.
The BETAs are generally pretty stable - they also fix a lot of issues (and are essential when sites update their hand configuration files) - I'd generally recommend that you always go with the latest BETA. The official versions are usually massively out of date. The HUD works inconsistently with Boss tournaments - a lot of tournaments in Boss use the same Window Title - in this case, HEM cannot differentiate the windows and puts all the HUD in one of the windows.

I don't think that works if I'm playing two Stars tables (say) and want to be at the left in one and at the right in the other?
Ah - I never realised you could do that on Stars (or anywhere) :loon Sorry - cant help with that then.

I'd generally recommend that you always go with the latest BETA.
Thanks, I'll do that.
Ah - I never realised you could do that on Stars (or anywhere) :loon Sorry - cant help with that then.
For maximal self-imposed confusion, try playing a table where you have to remember that everybody's HUD stats are three places to the left! :tongue2