** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The Nissan Open

The top two in the outright market, Woods and Singh are at single figures but have not got a victory here between them. Would like to go with Charlie Howell III outright but not too sure he can repeat last year's heroics. So going for a match bet this week Freddy Couples to beat Jerry Kelly 9/10 Bet&Win Boom Boom has missed just one cut here in the last 20 years has won it twice and has had 11 top ten finishes Jerry Kelly on the other hand in his 7 visits has 2 top tens and missed the cut 3 times. There is not a lot to choose between them on this year's form, but I feel that as Couples is a difficult player to catch right, you will have more chance backing him in a tournament in which he has performed consistently well.

Re: The Nissan Open Am also looking to oppose Vijay Singh in a match bet. There has got to be a reason why a guy who plays 30+ events per year has only played here 3 times. Does any one know of any odds comparison sites that list the bookies match bets? I used to use the one on tour-tips, but as that included the head to head records, the list has gone with trhe stats becoming subscription only.

Guest Yer Man

nissan open Difficult tournament to call. On current form the best of the single figure odds has to be Mike Weir. Think you are right to oppose Vijay he is showing signs of burn out. Looking for someone who is long enough off tee and hits greens in regulation and have come up with Stephen Ames at 100/1 Paddy Power will have a bit of each way. Just dont fancy the top men good few surprise results over the years check out www.golfweb.com, even Fred Funk managed a 2nd place last year. Will wait for Roon Yins assessment before doing any more each ways

Guest Ra1nmaker

Re: nissan open The Riviera Country Club is not a course that gives up easy scores (12, 8, 15, & 9 under for the winners last 4 years). I agree with YER MAN this course has some holes which will suit the long hitters. With the 1st reachable in two a quick eagle and one of them could blast off to a good round. BUT I think the Four par 3’s (3 of them stinkers) hold the key to this course. So hey again agreeing with YER MAN, S Ames, is a player who loves the par 3’s and could give you a good run. Personally, if pushed, (I prefer 72 hole group bets, or match bets) I’d take a look at Chad Campbell. 66/1 at Hills. He hits the greens in regulation, not bad at the par 3’s and played well last year (8th). My Bets Tourney Match bet: Campbell to beat F Jackobson 3pts @ 2.06 (Betfair) Tourney Match bet: Weir to beat Singh 3pts @ 2.35 (Betfair) 1st Rd S Ames to beat J Rose (+6) @ HiLo

Guest Yer Man

nissan Chad Campbell was on my shortlist, this is the first course this year that really suits his game. Did not go with him cause he is not firing on all cylinders this year. Jacobsen can shoot some low numbers but I think his driving will be found out over 72 holes. Weir ref above good bet. I dont really bet on first round match ups. I prefer the second rouns were you can assess complete mismatches were the favourite is about 8/13, people looking to improve to make cut usually better than 5/4 up against players who have gone well in first round , and the players who dont have a chance of making cut and are probably not trying. Also you can look up the first round cards see if someone has been unlucky on a few holes double bogeys etc and hope the same does not happen second round. Still looking for a bet on top five place will have look today

Guest Yer Man

nissan open Wish I had took my own advice Re: Mike Weir cannot believe the run I am on at the minute. Cant back a winner and all my ew or place bets have about ten winners and PP reduces the odds by 1/3 rd . Will take a good look at the match play this week.

Guest ROON YIN

Re: nissan open i know how you feel yer man i was down in wales all week watching more embaressment and didnt bother with the golf ive touted weir all season saying he was ready to peak in time for the masters