New Year Betting Aims - 2010

fintron

OK, 2009 has nearly drawn to a close. It has been a fantastic year for Racing fans of both codes, not only have we seen Sea The Stars earn his place in the history books on turf we have seen Denman and Kauto Star also reduce grown men to tears and further enhance the reputation of two already popular horses. But from a personal point of view, what have you learned about yourself as a punter in 2009, and how will you act on that in 2010? What are your punting aims in 2010? There was a thread on this last year. I wanted to try dig it up to re-asses things twelve months on, but I couldn't find it so started this thread instead.

Re: New Year Betting Aims - 2010 I'll go first: 1) Try be more selective - cut down on the number of minimum stakes bets. I have done them in the past to avoid sods law of letting it go off unbacked and seeing it win, but the number of times that has actually happened means its probably best off me sticking to strong bets anyway! 2) Up stakes - I think my stakes have been too low at times. I have thought I'll have a little bit here, a little bit there, and that even if they lose, the betting bank can withstand losers. But in the end all those bitch bets can slowly erode profit. So I aim to be more agressive and risk more of my bank on each bet - but still within sensible limits. 3) Spend less time studying racing overall. This was my aim 12 months ago too but I never really cut back! But in the next year that will have to change, other things will become a priority and the number of bet free days will have to increase even if it means potentially passing up decent betting opportunities. 4) Spend more time studying each race. This one seems a bit contradictory with the last point but I hope that if I have say an hour to look at racing I will fully devote that into one or two races rather than three or four etc.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.