Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - BMW Championship 8-12 Sep

Following on from the European Tour thread, I'll open one up for those events across the pond on the PGA Tour. Should be a very interesting year as we have the Tiger factor; will he play? If so, how will his head be? Again, I'll update the thread with the appropriate events as they come, the first one starting on 7th Jan with the champions event in Hawaii. To begin with though, I'm having a bet on the money list market, but taking out the Woods & Mickleson factors in search of the win. S.O'Hair to win PGA Tour Money List w/o Woods & Mickleson, 2pts EW @ 14/1 Skybet (1/4 odds, 1-2-3) Still only 27 years old, this kid is a fantastic up & coming golfer who I expect to be firmly established in the World's top 10 by the end of 2010. Made the cut in 18 of his 23 contested events, winning just the once but with 9 Top 10's. Moved up to 15 in the world too and is set to improve that as O'Hair is such a consistent player. What he needs is to convert those Top 10's into victories and then this 14/1 price will look massive. Effectively finished 4th in this last year, but was small change off 2nd. Stricker took the market easily but it was a freak year for him and one I expect he'll struggle to repeat, whilst O'Hair is only going one way. Again the 3 that finished above him had more than 1 tour win so that heavily contributes to the final total. Finished the season very strongly with T8-4-3-1-T62-T5 in his last 6 starts. That will have set him up nicely for 2010. For me, O'Hair is the one golfer in the US that you can be really confident about having a good season so at 14/1 to top the money without the big 2, I'm happy to tie up my money for the year. Worst case scenario here, I expect an EW return which will still pay 7/2.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Hi guys, Happy days this year with sky sports getting the rights to the PGA, nothin against setanta but they made a right mess of last year for me. Have always been a small stake man in the golf, somethin to keep me interested, I am looking forward to seeing how rory mc ilroy does this year in america especially with no tiger for the forseable future. Have been following his progress since he was a young lad, a tremendous talent. Also looking for a big year from graham mc dowell this year to step into the limelight with a bang. Could be a great year for the Irish this year with three of the twelve making up the Ryder Cup, These two and obviously Harrington who i wouldn't rule out for another major this year with a bit of luck.Anyway enough rabitting on about the start of the season. Time to take a pick in this weeks event..... R. Sabbatini e/w at 40 to 1. A very hard tournament to predict obviously with it being tye start of the season and all, but he did have a good World Cup which wasn't that long ago. This course is a par 73 and is 7400 yards long anyone looking to win it must be long off the tee. Bermuda grass on the green and he has a good record on this course all be it from 2001 when he came 2nd, He did play it in 2007 when he finished tied 13th. worth a punt to keep the interest up.Also like the look of Ogilvy but gone with the value in sabbatini. May have a small punt on him too e/w. Best of luck everyone.:loon

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Good luck TFM:ok Looking forward to this tournament of 2009 winners. Ogilvy comes here as defending champion, 2nd fav behind Steve Stricker. I will be taking 2 on the outright market and follow it up with some more match bets in running. The 2 for me are: R.Goosen to win SBS Championship, 2pts EW @ 14/1 Bet365 (1/4 odds 1-2-3-4) Here at the SBS, we have not seen an American winner since 2001 so I had to take an overseas player amongst my outrights. For me, Retief stands out a mile. Probaby the reason that overseas players do so well is the fact they keep their hand in over the winter and Goosen has been doing well. Has played well in 2 tournaments in SA finishing well in the mix (leading one going into the final round) and clearly likes this time of year. Won the Africa Open this time last year whilst he has gone well in each of his previous 4 visits. Course form is always a bonus and his finishes have been 13-4-4-14, with excellent scoring of -57 for those 4 appearances. This is a course where low scores are the norm, so the fact he was 2nd on the eagles per round stats and 11th on scoring average is a bonus. He's also solid on the greens and is one of the better putters within 6' so is likely to keep bogeys to a minimum. All things considered in this small field and with only 1 previous winner of this competing (Ogilvy), I'll take the Goose at EW odds of 14/1. N.Watney to win SBS Championship, 1pt EW @ 20/1 Betfred (1/4 odds 1-2-3-4) I've done my overseas player, so here's my American. I really like Nick Watney and this week could finally be the week he brings home the bacon for me. Has been keeping his eye in over the winter with 3 Top 10's so no issues over form or fitness. On this course, 3 things stand out to me; you need to be able to play the wind, drive a long way and be good around the greens. Watney ticks all the boxes. He can play the wind well, and did well here on his only other appearance in 2008 finishing 5th on -14. He ranked on the 2009 driving distance stats so can certainly hit it a long way, and is solid around the greens, 11th on scrambling stats and pretty solid too with the short stick. Scores well finishing 8th in total eagles in 2009, and 2nd on Par 5 birdie conversion. Again, lots in his favour and, with his current form, a worthwhile EW bet at 20/1.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Zach Johnson ew @ 14/1 In my research, I found that in the last 5years+ (cant remember how far back off the top of head), all the winners finished top 3 in their number of putts during the week. Last year Johnson finished 5th in putting average in this tournament. It's also said that big driving is important to do well on the par 5s, however, Zach won the Masters playing a green in 3 strategy and relying on his putting on the difficult greens to do well. A short hitter, he makes up for this with his iron play and short game - 2nd in all around rankings in 2009, 3rd in GIR % from 200+ yards, 11th in proximity to the hole and 4th in the scoring average. Finished T6 here last year and this is his 4th visit here so knows the course. Additionally the changes in the club head rules will probably help him due to his accurate play. Showed that he can use them in the Chevron Challenge finishing 5th for his 10th top 10 finish of 2009 and I fully expect him to pick up where he left off last season. GL :hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Well, we are getting into full swing now so here's my first round bets at the SBS. I'll post up a couple of match bets shortly but first I'm taking a couple of big prices for 1st round leader: J.Kelly to be SBS Championship 1st round leader, 1pt EW @ 35/1 Skybet (1/4 odds 1-2-3-4) Has just the 1 start here, back in 2003, and scored a superb 65 in Round 1. If he can repeat that 7 years on, this will look a very big price. Jerry Kelly is a player that also gets in the groove quickly early in the season & early in the tournament. No stranger to low scoring, finished 9th on the PGA Tour scoring average. In the last 9 seasons, his first round of the season (mainly at the Sony Open in Hawaii) have seen him record scores of 67-67-69-68-74-68-65-66. Take out the 74 and this bet looks overpriced on those stats alone. Add to that he won the Shark Shootout with Steve Stricker less than a month ago and I'm happy to take this bet. N.Green to be SBS Championship 1st round leader, 1pt EW @ 66/1 Skybet (1/4 odds, 1-2-3-4) A speculative bet but, at the price, well worth a small interest. Nathan Green has been keeping his swing going by competing back home in Australia although not really set the world on fire in 2 events there. However, the fact he comes here in shape and his general early season record give him a real chance at being up there tomorrow night. Plays for the first time here but plenty have come & played well first time up in the first round, notably Watney 2 year ago. I've looked at Green's 1st round performances in January in the last 4 seasons and, interestingly, he's never recorded a score more than 70, the scores being 66-69-68-68-68-67-70-69-70-67. If he can get in and amongst those numbers, there's every chance he'll be up in the Top 4 with it paying over 16/1 for the place.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Onto the first round 2 ball bets, and there are 2 of them: N.Green to beat T.Matteson (1st round 2-balls), 3pts @ 7/5 Skybet For reasons posted earlier, I like the look of Nathan Green here. Has just recently competed in 2 events in Australia and generally opens his PGA Tour well, recording scores totalling -9 for his opening rounds on the tour in the last 4 seasons. Compare that with Troy Matteson who admittedly won his last start, The Frys.com Open, but that was back in October and even then he opened with a +2 72! In his opening round on the tour in the last 4 seasons, he has been +2. As the outsider of the 2, I'm pretty happy to take the Aussie here. R.Sabbatini to beat M.Kuchar (1st round 2-balls), 4pts @ 6/5 SportingBet Rory has played 4 times here with his best session a 2nd place, whilst Kuchar has only been the once finishing down in 25th. Sabbatini is also much longer off the tee which could intimidate his opponent and has a better birdie conversion rate on the Par 5's, which I consider key on a long course featuring 4 of them. Kuchar has never been the quickest out of the blocks, missing the cut on 3 of his last 4 opening tournaments, whilst Sabbatini hasn't missed one and has been -10 in his scoring during that period. Again, I'm on the outsider and will take the South African to come home in front here.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Geoff Ogilvy @10.00 EW (1/4 odds 1,2,3,4) William Hill Became the 3rd start to finish winner of this event joining Vijay Singh & Ernie Els since this event moved to this course in 1999. Ogilvy destroyed the field last year in this event by 6 shots and he is the only previous winner in the field here. Ogilvy always starts the season off strong and he ended last season with some decent finishes after a mid season slump when finishing 4th in The Dubai World Championship in Nov 09. Sean O'Hair @13.00 EW (1/4 odds 1,2,3,4) William Hill Experience here at this course will be vital and O'Hair used his 1st experience here to improve to a very respectable 4th place finish here last year when he recorded a superb final round 65. He finished last season off with a very decent 5th place finish in The Chevron World Challenge. I expect now for him to be a real live contender here. :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Good luck with your bets lads:ok Didn't think i would be backing anything this week, and tbh looking at the field for the Africa open gave me a bit of a sore head. Anyway after a bit of though since the start of the week, i have decided to have one rather speculative punt on Martin Laird in the ROTW market @ 22/1 which i think is a bit of value. Only 9 runners make up this market, and for me the young Scot who's based in America is certainly not without a chance this in it. Not only is his game improving year on year, but so is his confidence and in the second half of last season he played some of the best golf of his career incuding his maiden tour win in Vegas. This is now Lairds 3rd year on the main tour and although he has started extremely poorly each season, there are a few reasons why that may not be the case this year. First of all he is without doubt a much improved player, from not only the start of 2008, but from the start of last season also, and perhaps just as important, is that with some big money tournament invites coming up and a 2 year tour exemption, for the first time in his career the massive pressure of retaining his tour card is off. This is a massive weight of a Laird's shoulders, and we might see a more relaxed golfer continue where he left off from last season and hopefully start the season with a bang this time. Going to try and catch as much of the first day or two as i can with a view to perhaps getting involved in the odd 2ball over the weekend. TOP ROTW Martin Laird @ 22/1 EW (1/5 ODDS 3 PLACES) PADDY POWER

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan I think Stricker is a cert for at least the each-way money so I'll have him at 8/1 Beaten in a playoff on he's only visit 2 years ago. Still think its astonishing he won a tournament last year on -20 but got par on 1st round! That's how good he ism I don't really like backing defending champs in a tournament plus Ogilivy has recently in last few months started very slow in big tournaments then goes on a birdie spree too late in the day but if he starts good today I may be tempted as he's one of the best iron players/putters in the business when he's in form Goosen has been one heck of a dodgy front runner in 09 I agree Zack Johnson looks good hornet, very consistant iron play & putting

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan I agree Stricker has a very good each way chance Cosmetic. However he played this tournament in 2002 at this course and finished 25th on -1 (291). When he finished 2nd here in 2008 he carded -18 (274) so a massive improvement from his 1st try here. I also like Ogilvy he has been here 3 times and improved his overall score each time, especially last year: 2006: 13th +6 (298) / 2007: 19th +1 (293) / 2009: 1st -24 (268) Good Luck for the tournament! :hope

I think Stricker is a cert for at least the each-way money so I'll have him at 8/1 Beaten in a playoff on he's only visit 2 years ago. Still think its astonishing he won a tournament last year on -20 but got par on 1st round! That's how good he ism I don't really like backing defending champs in a tournament plus Ogilivy has recently in last few months started very slow in big tournaments then goes on a birdie spree too late in the day but if he starts good today I may be tempted as he's one of the best iron players/putters in the business when he's in form Goosen has been one heck of a dodgy front runner in 09 I agree Zack Johnson looks good hornet, very consistant iron play & putting

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan One two ball for me which I think is a nice price. I won't be taking any outrights this tournament. M.Laird to beat M.Bradley @ 1.90 Betfair (£374 to BACK) Martin Laird finished the season strongly last year winning a tournament in October, his made the cut in last six tournaments andthe young scotsmen should improve for experience into his 3rd year, Bradley has been around for a long time but I expect the young gun to play a better round.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Really liking the idea of 1 thread for the whole season Russ. Great idea. 2 pts ew S ames to win SBS Championship @ 16/1 Bet 365 (1/4 1-4) I waited a long time for Stephen Ames to win last year, and he eventually got off the mark very late on in the 2009 season. That Childrens Miracle victory was his only success in a dissapointing year, but the positive is that he was playing with the new grooves, thus giving him an advantage over many of the field this week. His record in Kapalua isnt half bad either, with a playoff defeat in 08 and a share of the lead after 1 round in 2007. He is a golfer in form, and I think he can go close this week. 2 pts ew D Johnson to win SBS Championship @ 20/1 Bet 365 (1/4 1-4) The Kapalua course is notorious for the wide, forgiving fairways and the long holes. Exactly what Dustin Johnson requires. A very strong early season player, Dustin Johnson always starts off quickly, and it only took him until February last year to get his first victory. Although, in only 1 round here, he could only muster an 11th place finish, I expect this course to suit him perfectly, and I think he can mount a challenge this week. 4 pts win S O Hair to win SBS Championship @ 14/1 Stan James (Enhanced win-only) As Russ has already eluded to, Sean O Hair is one of the up and coming monsters on the PGA tour, and it is hard to see him not having a good year. When you combine that future outlook with his performance here back in 2009 (4th), it is easy to see why he is one of the market leaders. Like Johnson, O Hair is strong early season, and if he can reproduce the form he showed in the Fed Ex playoffs in 09, he should go close.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan 2 pts ew J Kelly to be 1st round Leader in SBS Championship @ 35/1 Skybet (1/4 1-4) I dont think there is too much to add to what Russ has already alluded too. Likewise, I spotted his nack for putting in a great early round throughout the season, and those stats regarding his success in his first round of the season are impossible to ignore at 35/1. Jerry Kelly is a golfer I like, can hit the ball well, and with distance. He also had a great first round here in his only previous start back in 2003.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Thought I'd try and break this field down a bit better to enable us to find some value bets as this is only a small 28 runner field with 4 places at 1/4 odds for places and a host of other bets like ew 4 places for 1st round leader and also the match bets. Course form: Steve Stricker 8/1 Favourite Played here twice before 25th in 2002 (291) & 2nd in 2008 (274) Best Opening round 71 in 2002. Geoff Ogilvy 9/1 Played here 3 times before 2006 13th (298), 2007 19th (293) & last year Won (268) Best Opening round 67 last year. Zach Johnson 11/1 Played here 3 times before 2005 23rd (286), 2008 20th (287) & last year he finished 6th (277) Best Opening round last year 71. Sean O'Hair 12/1 Played here twice before 2006 27th (318) & last year he finished 4th (275) Best Opening round last year 69. Retief Goosen 14/1 Played here 4 times however last time was in 2005. 2005 13th (280), 2004 4th (277), 2003 4th (270) & 2002 14th (284) Best Opening round 69 in 2002. Kenny Perry 14/1 Played here 4 times before. 2002 3rd (275), 2004 15th (287), 2006 19th (302) & last year 6th (277) Best Opening round he achieved same score of 68 in 2002 & last year! Nick Watney 16/1 Played here 1 time before in 2008 5th (278) Best Opening round 68 in 2008. Stephen Ames 16/1 Played here 3 times before. 2005 19th (283), 2007 11th (287) & 2008 3rd (275) Best Opening round 69 in 2007. Dustin Johnson 18/1 Played here 1 time. Last Year 11th (279) Best Opening round 72 last year. Paul Casey 20/1 Never played here before! Lucas Glover 20/1 Played here 1 time before. 2006 6th (291) Best Opening round 74 in 2006. Stewart Cink 20/1 Played here 3 times before. 2001 12th (281), 2005 5th (274) & last year 24th (286) Best Opening round 68 in 2005. Angel Cabrera 20/1 Played here 1 time before. 2008 15th (282) Best Opening round 70 in 2008. Rory Sabbatini 25/1 Played here 4 times before. 2001 2nd (275), 2004 25th (291), 2007 13th (288) & 2008 17th (284) Best Opening round 69 in 2001. Y E Yang 25/1 Never played here before! Ryan Moore 25/1 Never played here before! Matt Kuchar 33/1 Played here 1 time before. 2003 25th (281) Best Opening round 70 in 2003. Pat Perez 33/1 Never played here before! Jerry Kelly 33/1 Played here 1 time before. 2003 10th (272) Best Opening round 65 in 2003. Troy Matteson 40/1 Played here 1 time before. 2007 11th (287) Best Opening round 73 in 2007. Brian Gay 45/1 Played here 1 time before. Last year 18th (283) Best Opening round 72 last year. Heath Slocum 50/1 Played here twice before. 2005 23rd (286) & 2006 23rd (309) Best Opening round 69 in 2005. Nathan Green 50/1 Never played here before! Bo Van Pelt 50/1 Never played here before! John Rollins 66/1 Played here twice before. 2003 29th (282) & 2007 25th (295) Best Opening round 72 in 2003. Martin Laird 66/1 Never played here before! Mark Wilson 80/1 Played here 1 time before. 2008 27th (291) Best Opening round 74 in 2008. Michael Bradley 150/1 Played here 1 time before. 1999 30th (301) Best Opening round 71 in 1999. Predictions: 1st Round Leader Picks (all bookmakers go 1/4 odds 1,2,3,4 places): Retief Goosen EW @15.00 William Hill His opening round scores here: 02 69 / 03 70 / 04 70 & 05 71. Geoff Ogilvy EW @13.00 Paddypower Led the field a merry dance last year here with an opening 67. Jerry Kelly EW @29.00 Paddypower Only played here one time before in 2003 but opened with a 65! Kenny Perry EW @17.00 William Hill Has hit 2 opening rounds here of 68 - last year and in 2002 out of 4 visits. I hope to be back with some match bets before they start at 18:50. :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan

Onto the first round 2 ball bets, and there are 2 of them: N.Green to beat T.Matteson (1st round 2-balls), 3pts @ 7/5 Skybet For reasons posted earlier, I like the look of Nathan Green here. Has just recently competed in 2 events in Australia and generally opens his PGA Tour well, recording scores totalling -9 for his opening rounds on the tour in the last 4 seasons. Compare that with Troy Matteson who admittedly won his last start, The Frys.com Open, but that was back in October and even then he opened with a +2 72! In his opening round on the tour in the last 4 seasons, he has been +2. As the outsider of the 2, I'm pretty happy to take the Aussie here. R.Sabbatini to beat M.Kuchar (1st round 2-balls), 4pts @ 6/5 SportingBet Rory has played 4 times here with his best session a 2nd place, whilst Kuchar has only been the once finishing down in 25th. Sabbatini is also much longer off the tee which could intimidate his opponent and has a better birdie conversion rate on the Par 5's, which I consider key on a long course featuring 4 of them. Kuchar has never been the quickest out of the blocks, missing the cut on 3 of his last 4 opening tournaments, whilst Sabbatini hasn't missed one and has been -10 in his scoring during that period. Again, I'm on the outsider and will take the South African to come home in front here.
I really fancy these two picks too, did a small double on them, obviously goin to go sabbatini as i have him backed outright and i defenitly think theres a lot more to Nathan's game than Troys, If ya recall i think alot of the big names were missing for the tournament he won so don't really rate his chances too big this week. I hope i haven't put the kiss of death on myself by sayin that but he is a notoriously slow sarter. BRING IT ON:cheers PS. Nothin nicer than lookin at the beautiful weather in Hawaii compared to the shite we're gettin in Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!!:rollin

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan 2 outrights for me to give me interest for a year ! 5 pts ew S O Hair to win PGA Money list w/o Woods & Mickelson @ 12/1 Skybet (1/4 1-3) Having finished 5th on last years money list, and still improving, I feel 12/1 without the big 2 is an absolute gem of a price. Effectively paying 5 places if Tiger and Phil finish in the top 5 of the money list. Although he only got 1 win to his name last year, he did manage a very respectable 9 top 10's out of 23 events, and managed to finish in the top 10 in 50% of the tournaments he made the cut in. As stated, he is an improving player, and I think he is definitely capable of improving on his 5th placed finish of last year. 1.5 pts ew H Mahan to win PGA Money list w/o Woods & Mickelson @ 18/1 Skybet (1/4 1-3) Having made his Ryder Cup debut, Hunter Mahan is now (IMO) established as one of the top US golfers on the tour. You cant disguise the fact that by his own standards, he had a very dissapointing 2009, with only 1 2nd place finish to his name. He also only managed 6 top 10's out of 25 PGA tour tournaments. However, I know for sure that this guy has a tonne of ability. His accuracy is one of the best parts of his game, and with the possible absence of Woods, maybe this will be Hunters year.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan 1st round 2 balls (draw No Bet) Stephen Ames v Paul Casey - Pick: Ames @1.75 William Hill ***** Casey has no course knowledge and comes here after a very troublesome injury year. Ames has played here before 3 times and on his most recent visit he finished 3rd in 2008. His knowledge should be far superior here than Casey. Stewart Cink v Mark Wilson - Pick: Cink @1.65 William Hill ***** Again course knowledge should be vital here with Wilson only ever having played here once before in 2008 and was well down the field then. Cink has played this event here 3 times before with his best place finish of 5th in 2005 where he scored an opening 68, Angel Cabrera v YE Yang - Pick: Cabrera @1.80 Paddypower ***** Yang has no knowledge of this course having never played here. Cabrera played here in 2008 and opened with a decent 70. Retief Goosen v Lucas Glover - Pick: Goosen @1.67 Paddypower ***** Goosen has some amazing opening round stats here whereas Glover has one visit here to learn from where he opened with a 74. Goosen's 4 tries here would have beaten that score each time! Nick Watney v Dustin Johnson - Pick: Watney @1.80 Paddypower***** They both have 1 visit experience here hwoever Watney's was the most impressive back in 2008 where he finished 5th and opened with a 68. Johnson has a huge drive but here he'll need to be straight and that is a problem with his game because he can very wayward at times and that will be his downfall here on this course. Kenny Perry v Heath Slocum - Pick: Perry @1.57 William Hill ***** Slocum last played here in 2006 however he does have a decent opening round score of 69 in 2005. Perry has played here 4 times before and finished a decent 6th here last year. He also has a decent opening round score of 68 which he has achieved twice before - last year and in 2002. :hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan I'll have a dabble on a 2009 first-time Major winner who continued to play well after winning the US Open......he also won the Grand Slam Tourney (4 major winners) at the tail end of the year his confidence has to be sky high these days!:ok Lucas Glover @ 25/1 Each Way with Blue Square (first 4 pays quarter the odds) I'll also be having him at 13/10 to beat Goosen in tonights opening round. (Stan James Good luck folks!:hope TQM

N.Green to be SBS Championship 1st round leader' date= 1pt EW @ 66/1 Skybet (1/4 odds, 1-2-3-4) A speculative bet but, at the price, well worth a small interest. Nathan Green has been keeping his swing going by competing back home in Australia although not really set the world on fire in 2 events there. However, the fact he comes here in shape and his general early season record give him a real chance at being up there tomorrow night. Plays for the first time here but plenty have come & played well first time up in the first round, notably Watney 2 year ago. I've looked at Green's 1st round performances in January in the last 4 seasons and, interestingly, he's never recorded a score more than 70, the scores being 66-69-68-68-68-67-70-69-70-67. If he can get in and amongst those numbers, there's every chance he'll be up in the Top 4 with it paying over 16/1 for the place.
Very unlucky with this one Russ. Thought you was going to have a share of the win pot mate. Solid place dosh though and his 2-ball win. Excellent start to the thread, TQM on the leader, Laird tied leader in the RoW market and Watney one off the lead as well as Spooner's 2-ball bet winning among other 2-ball winners. Good stuff all :clap:clap.

N.Green to be SBS Championship 1st round leader, 1pt EW @ 66/1 Skybet (1/4 odds, 1-2-3-4) A speculative bet but, at the price, well worth a small interest. Nathan Green has been keeping his swing going by competing back home in Australia although not really set the world on fire in 2 events there. However, the fact he comes here in shape and his general early season record give him a real chance at being up there tomorrow night. Plays for the first time here but plenty have come & played well first time up in the first round, notably Watney 2 year ago. I've looked at Green's 1st round performances in January in the last 4 seasons and, interestingly, he's never recorded a score more than 70, the scores being 66-69-68-68-68-67-70-69-70-67. If he can get in and amongst those numbers, there's every chance he'll be up in the Top 4 with it paying over 16/1 for the place.
Joint 2nd :clap

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Good start all, well done guys:clap For me, 2 winning bets from 4 in the first round including a placed 66/1 shot in the 1st round leader (share the 3 2nd places with 4 others, so just 60% of my stake). A case of what could have been but still very happy with the result, especially from just 2 picks. In the 2-balls, 1 from 2 but again a profit as the ones I took were odds against:ok After Day 1, I'm +6.7pts which I'd have gladly taken before the round started. In addition, I have Watney 1 off the lead (now trading at 8/1) with Goose 3 shots back. All to play for:ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan 3 WINNERS, 1 PUSH & 2 LOSERS. on to day 2 :ok Some great write ups in here Gents! :clap

1st round 2 balls (draw No Bet) Stephen Ames v Paul Casey - Pick: Ames @1.75 William Hill ***** :wall Casey has no course knowledge and comes here after a very troublesome injury year. Ames has played here before 3 times and on his most recent visit he finished 3rd in 2008. His knowledge should be far superior here than Casey. Stewart Cink v Mark Wilson - Pick: Cink @1.65 William Hill ***** :clap Again course knowledge should be vital here with Wilson only ever having played here once before in 2008 and was well down the field then. Cink has played this event here 3 times before with his best place finish of 5th in 2005 where he scored an opening 68, Angel Cabrera v YE Yang - Pick: Cabrera @1.80 Paddypower ***** :clap Yang has no knowledge of this course having never played here. Cabrera played here in 2008 and opened with a decent 70. Retief Goosen v Lucas Glover - Pick: Goosen @1.67 Paddypower *****:wall Goosen has some amazing opening round stats here whereas Glover has one visit here to learn from where he opened with a 74. Goosen's 4 tries here would have beaten that score each time! Nick Watney v Dustin Johnson - PUSH :) Pick: Watney @1.80 Paddypower***** They both have 1 visit experience here hwoever Watney's was the most impressive back in 2008 where he finished 5th and opened with a 68. Johnson has a huge drive but here he'll need to be straight and that is a problem with his game because he can very wayward at times and that will be his downfall here on this course. Kenny Perry v Heath Slocum - Pick: Perry @1.57 William Hill ***** :clap Slocum last played here in 2006 however he does have a decent opening round score of 69 in 2005. Perry has played here 4 times before and finished a decent 6th here last year. He also has a decent opening round score of 68 which he has achieved twice before - last year and in 2002. :hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan DAY 2 Day one I was particularly impressed with YE Yang - he missed some shorts putts for birdies & eagles and still finished up on -3! His approach play was sublime considering this was his first visit here and if gets a bit better luck with his short play he'll be a serious contender here. Predictions: Outright - YE Yang @41.00 EW Bet365 (1/4 odds 1,2,3,4) A huge price for being only 4 shots behind and how well he played yesterday! Leader After Round 2 - YE Yang @51.00 EW Paddypower (1/4 odds 1,2,3) If he had better luck yesterday he would have been a lot further up the leaderboard. I'm hoping for him to have better luck with his short game today. 2 Ball Match Ups - Draw No Bet: Paul Casey v Ryan Moore @1.91 Bet365 **** Considering he is on his way back from injury and not having played much Golf recently Casey did very well yesterday and it was evident that he has been practising hard. I expect more improvement from his 1st round. Stewart Cink v Dustin Johnson @2.00 Bet365 ***** Hearing Cink's mentor Butch Harmon talk yesterday and after his decent start -5 I believe this to be a good bet. Cink has been training hard alongside Nick Watney and it looks like his hardwork in the off season is paying off with some solid play shown in his 1st round. Johnson is erratic at times and if the winds get up which they generally do here then I expect some of those massive drives to go wayward, no matter how wide the fairways are! YE Yang v Rory Sabbatini @1.85 William Hill ***** Yang was much the more impressive yesterday and if he gets that bit of luck today I think he can get right into the mix. :ok

N.Green to be SBS Championship 1st round leader, 1pt EW @ 66/1 Skybet (1/4 odds, 1-2-3-4) A speculative bet but, at the price, well worth a small interest. Nathan Green has been keeping his swing going by competing back home in Australia although not really set the world on fire in 2 events there. However, the fact he comes here in shape and his general early season record give him a real chance at being up there tomorrow night. Plays for the first time here but plenty have come & played well first time up in the first round, notably Watney 2 year ago. I've looked at Green's 1st round performances in January in the last 4 seasons and, interestingly, he's never recorded a score more than 70, the scores being 66-69-68-68-68-67-70-69-70-67. If he can get in and amongst those numbers, there's every chance he'll be up in the Top 4 with it paying over 16/1 for the place.
:clap:clap:clap Great pick Russ. Thought he was going to take it home at one stage, and to end up tied for 2nd is cruel. Lucas Glover's birdie at the last :@ Jerry Kelly couldnt do the business after an up and down day, but both Sean O Hair (14/1) and Dustin Johnson (20/1) are both bang in contention after day 1 :drums Well done Jonesy with your picks also :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan 2nd Round 2 Balls 6 pts S Stricker to beat Troy Matteson @ 1.65 Betfair (21.15) Stricker came into this tourney as one of the favourites to win the thing, but just couldnt get things going in Round 1. However, Matteson didnt exactly impress, and if Stricker hits the form everyone expected, he should make light work of this. 2 pts Z Johnson to beat M Bradley @ 1.52 Betfair (21.25) Zach is another of the players I expect to have a solid season, and I think class will show through against Michael Bradley. The latter did well to recover from a bad start yesterday, but today, I am convinced that Johnson can make a slight charge up the leaderboard, which I dont expect Bradley to be able to manage. 5 pts B Gay to beat Bo Van Pelt @ 2.26 Betfair (21.35) Although not a huge hitter, Gay put together a decent, accurate round of golf yesterday and had it not been for his early double bogey, he would have been further up the leaderboard. A player who rarely makes mistakes, and that could just be too much for the, at times, wayward Bo Van Pelt. 2 pts S Ames to beat P Perez @ 1.98 Betfair (21.45) This is really a smaller bet just to try and boost the coffers, and cover my outright bet on Ames. He didnt play as well as I expected him too yesterday, but Perez is not a player I rate very highly. The theory being that a -3 round from Ames would be enough to win this pairing. 7 pts Y E Yang to beat R Sabbatini @ 2.08 Betfair (22.05) Yang played great great golf yesterday from tee to green, but his putting was nothing short of dreadful. I lost count of the number of short putts he missed because of his somewhat shaky putting stroke. It is, however, unlike him, so I am trusting that he will have the problem sorted before todays round. Sabbattini is a player I have a lot of respect form, but it wouldnt surprise me if Yang put ina monsterous round of golf tonight. 8 pts S Cink to beat J Rollins @ 1.84 Betfair (22.45) Cink impressed me a lot yesterday, and I am now beginning to think he could go close to winning this tournament. Rollins likewise played well, but I have a lot of faith in Cink to carry his play through 4 rounds. Total Single Stake: 30 pts Multiples 3 pt Double Stricker (4/9 Paddy) and Cink (8/13 Paddy) DNB 1 pt Double Yang (4/5 Paddy) and Gay (4/5 Paddy) DNB 1 pt Yankee Stricker, Cink, Yang and Gay DNB Paddy Power Total Multiple Stake: 15 pts :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Good stuff yesterday, especially Russ. A couple of two balls for me today, 1/1 so far. 2nd Round two balls. B.Gay to beat B.VanPelt @ 2.24 Betfair (£289 to BACK) Match Tees Off: 21:35PM GMT Brain Gay recovered well from a double bogey on the 3rd hole yesterday to shoot a one under par round, there was alot to like about that after a poor start managing to make no more bogeys. Experienced player who finished well last season and expect to see a solid round this evening, Ven Pelt has started slow in previous years so I'll take this bet. K.Perry to beat R.Goosen @ 2.24 Betfair (£300 to BACK) Match Tees Off: 21:55PM GMT Kenny Perry played some good golf yesterday, I imagine he would of been disappointed by double bogeying the 17th to put him down to 3 under for the round but its still a good score on day one. Goosen had a mixed round with 6 birdie's and 3 bogeys which isn't very consistent, both players have bags of experience but the value should lie with Perry.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Outright 0.5 pt EW Y E Yang to win SBS Championship @ 40/1 Bet 365 (1/4 1-4) As I eluded to in the 2 ball bets, Yang played great golf throughout yesterday, and if his putter hadnt been so cold, he could easily have been tied the lead at this stage. If his putter picks up over the closing 3 rounds, he will be a force to be reckoned with, and a good round today will see him much shorter than 40/1.

Lucas Glover @ 25/1 Each Way with Blue Square (first 4 pays quarter the odds) - decent score after double bogeying the first hole!:clap:clap I'll also be having him at 13/10 to beat Goosen in tonights opening round. (Stan James - :ok TQM
Good start for quite a few punters on here!:hope Just the one 2 ball again for me tonight.... A Cabrera to beat S O'Hair @ 11/10 with Blue Square The distance Cabrera hits the ball off the tee effectively turns this course into a par 69....yesterday he routinely birdied the 4 par 5's but only shot 5 under...if he's 4 under again for that 4 holes tonight, then I'd expect his score to be lower.:tongue2 Good luck all:ok TQM

DAY 2 2 Ball Match Ups - Draw No Bet: Stewart Cink v Dustin Johnson @2.00 Bet365 ***** Hearing Cink's mentor Butch Harmon talk yesterday and after his decent start -5 I believe this to be a good bet. Cink has been training hard alongside Nick Watney and it looks like his hardwork in the off season is paying off with some solid play shown in his 1st round. Johnson is erratic at times and if the winds get up which they generally do here then I expect some of those massive drives to go wayward, no matter how wide the fairways are!
Hi JK, Thought Cink was up against Rollins. He's 8/11:unsure. I can't find it:ok