Best Bet of the Day - BOXING DAY

alexmac

KAUTO STAR - Kempton - King George All eyes will be on Kauto as he attempts to make history and win this prestigious race for the 4th year running. His Haydock run will have sharpened him up no end, his first run of the year always does. Although he would have lost to Imperial Commander had the Twiston Davies runner not crashed a few fences in the last 2 furlongs I think he ran a solid race. The flat Kempton track suits him, and with a few front runners in the field, a strong gallop will be set that will play into Kauto's hands. At 4/7, he isn't a fantastic price, but with him being rated 9llbs better than the field, he will not have to be at his best to win this renewal. 2pts win - SUPERNAP

Re: Best Bet of the Day - BOXING DAY 3.40 Kempton I only look at front runners/prominent horses round this track as its very difficult to make up enough ground from that last turn, so you really need to be in the 1st 4 at that point 4 Rodrigo Gonzales 6 Sheriff Hutton 11 Dovers hill 12 Cockatoo These are the 4 i think can win in a fairly open event to close the card. The 1st named has a record here of 1-1-2 & won on this card last year. Sheriff Hutton stays further than this & will be there at the end no problem. It wouldnt want it too soft though. Dovers hill has a record here of 1-3 however again may prefer further on faster ground. I am not sure Cockatoo will appreciate the longer trip again & may be wanting at the end. So the 2 for me are Rodrigo Gonzales & Sheriff Hutton. Rodrigo Gonzales was 2nd in this race last year beaten 1L by pressgang. It is 2lb higher than last year but i think has a good chance with its excellent course form bBOTD Rodrigo Gonzales SUPERNAP

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.