Lingfield 7th Dec (AW)

12.30 Lingfield Awful handicap to start with couple of handicap debutants and several trying this trip for the first time meaning most of these could be given a tentative vote but Greystoke Prince interests me perhaps the most who now takes a massive step up in trip and stamina can only be taken on trust but last time out he was seen finishing much better than the bare form suggests running on very strongly and if finally returning to form he is dangerously handicapped having won off a mark of 65 and ran consistently well off a marks in the low 70’s in spring 08 has since gone wrong way but perhaps more signs of life last time out. 0.25pt e/w greystoke prince 2.30 Lingfield Alfie tupper now drops to a very attractive mark but something to prove at the moment on 4 no shows since reappearing, Le chiffre is useful on the AW and had been off track for over a year before making comeback last month and was seen pretty much tailed off and clearly needed a run but any money for these 2 would be significant. Having said that any money for my selection to would help my confidence lol! Prince of thebes put a poor show in last time out in a hotter race than this and prior to that was a decent 4th over CD and a return to here off a 4lb lower mark is attractive to me and is now 4lb lower than last win and gets a good draw today in stall 5! 0.25pt e/w prince of thebes 3.00 Lingfield Quinsman won last time out over 10f over this course and although never tackled this far should cope with it and a 2lb rise in handicap doesn’t look harsh at all and could now prove unexposed over these extended trips. 0.5pt e/w quinsman

Re: Lingfield 7th Dec (AW) 2.30 Lingfield Young Dottie was second on her sole run over course and distance and followed it up with a win when dropped back in trip next time out. Those bits of form came in maidens but she has placed several times in handicap company off this sort of mark, including when last seen at Windsor. Le Chiffre, Mr Hitchens and the unexposed Penzena, who would have been of interest in the absence of the other two, should set this up nicely for her, if she gets a break late in the day and doesn't become trapped on the inside. Was 20/1 this morning but Hugh Taylor has beaten me to it, but I still think 10/1 is worth backing. 10/1 Blue Sq, 0.5 pt EW (3 places, 1/5 odds).

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.